Pelini Predictions

people saying he is already out, are you referring to any actual knowledge? or is that just what you want?

I think it's the "want" one.

There is of course rumors and twitterings (not on twitter, the actual definition) of people who "know" that Pelini has already made an amicable decision with Eichorst to resign. Now, that is of course unprovable.

But, when I look at this realistically, I see a guy who is pretty goddamn miserable at Nebraska right now (this has also been gossiped and buzzed about, but here it is just my opinion). I mean, sure, you can look at all the great things hes done for Jack Hoffman, and coming out of his shell as far as showing he's a human being with a sense of humor, but it just looks obvious to me he's done here.

I don't fault him for the infamous videotape, but that doesn't sound like a man who feels like he's been treated fairly in the place where he works and lives. And that was after a win. He does ESPN and more media events now, sure, but its pretty obvious he hates them. And I'm willing to guarantee there is hurt feelings with how he had to deal with his brother the last 8 months or so he was one of his employees.

I'm not a Bo Pelini historian, but I bet 2013 is one of the poorer years of his life. I think the man wants a new start somewhere.

Here is the most important thing that matters. More boosters are in the Bo camp than the Harvey camp at the moment. There seems to be a few that wouldn't mind if Harv took out an early retirement.

I disagree. Remember a previous assistant and his supposed liaisons? There is a significant contingent of the "boosters of substance" group who wants Pelini gone.

Personally, I'm torn. If he made massive changes to the staff maybe. But I'm not so sure the discipline/focus/inconsistency issues DON'T come from Bo. I love his fire, he does run a clean program and we have achieved some level of success, albeit not the level Nebraskan's expect.

As far as to the prediction, I think the decision has been made, and he's gone. Here are the tea leaves I'm reading:

1. Jack Stark said Bo, AD and Chancellor are not on the same page.

2. AD won't make a statement supporting Bo (look at FL where the AD HAS made such a statement)

3. Mik'l Severe made a comment on BRO he was told the athletic department has reached out to 2 coaches to gauge interest.

4. Pelini made a comment in his presser today about Gregory being a problem against HIS competition (or something to that effect.

5. Sipple's article today.

6. Comments from assistants - like Beck stating something to the effect this place will eat you up.

7. Attendance at the game on Saturday wasn't great, barely 90,000. For a big game, tickets were easy and cheap to be had. I bought mine below face, around 80 minutes before kickoff.

Ultimately the decision won't be made by Pearlman or Eichorst. It will or has been made by those donors who will cut checks large enough to cover the buyout.

Thanks for the insight.

Personally, I think Bo should stay with the understanding that he needs to make staff changes (specifically for offense and special teams). This young team shows way too much promise to at this point to mix things up at this point. It will only hurt recruiting, and that's one of the last areas that we need a setback.

So lets say they give Bo another year. Lets say his team in all three phases gets better. Lets say he gets us a conference championship. What we still have is a coach that looks like a jack a-- on the side line yelling at players and refs (which does more damage with recruits than a non AD vote of confedinence). And still as soon as he gets a decent coaching offer he is gone holding a middle finger up. He has said as much and it's the type of guy he is. Stop trying to be the greatest fans in college football by saying "no matter what coach we're behind you" if we don't hold the same standard of our coach.

Then forget about other job offers! Your saying he's a good guy. Fine he's a good guy but it doesn't mean he can coach. I would hope we're all good guys that in that position of power at UNL would do the same. Can he coach defense? I believe he can but has also proved that just defense doesn't win championships. What does the guy bring to the table? Good guy (course no one would know cause he freaks out during games), players with good grades staying out of trouble, defense (sometimes but doesn't help when offense puts um right back on the field), 9 wins a year? Ask the new playoff committee if they care about that. Its not the wins its the loses and they're performance on the field. What I want and would hope we all want is to be competitive in all games win or lose.

No offense but, these are the arguments against Bo that literally drive me nuts. I've got some real concerns about his ability to get us at peak performance, winning the games we should, not getting embarrassed or blown out in any, and getting this team to put 4 quarters of ball on the field. And then there's people worried about his "angry" face and off color language. It's no wonder whenever people bring up legitimate concerns about his coaching that others automatically think we're haters. He's an emotional guy that swears a lot. Get used to it, or at least quit leading the charge with that complaint. It minimizes the real and more important issues.

I expect Bo to be gone regardless at the end of the season. What do you guys think our silent ginger assassin was brought in to do?

Because Osborne didn't want to be the AD anymore :dunno

Wrong. Dont you know Osborne was secretly fired so that Eichorst can be brought in as a temp for the sole purpose of firing Bo, and run off in a few years back to Wiscy when Alvarez retires?

God, you need to check your sources better, man.

I realize the purpose of your post. However the simple fact that Ozzy called his retirement announcement on practically the most important religious holiday for a person of Jewish beliefs (Perlman is Jewish) and the fact that Ozzy had zero input on his replacement. We both can agree that Perlman wants Bo gone. Perlman brought in a guy to get the job done. It really is not that big of a stretch.

• Fire 1

I expect Bo to be gone regardless at the end of the season. What do you guys think our silent ginger assassin was brought in to do?

Because Osborne didn't want to be the AD anymore :dunno

Wrong. Dont you know Osborne was secretly fired so that Eichorst can be brought in as a temp for the sole purpose of firing Bo, and run off in a few years back to Wiscy when Alvarez retires?

God, you need to check your sources better, man.

I realize the purpose of your post. However the simple fact that Ozzy called his retirement announcement on practically the most important religious holiday for a person of Jewish beliefs (Perlman is Jewish) and the fact that Ozzy had zero input on his replacement. We both can agree that Perlman wants Bo gone. Perlman brought in a guy to get the job done. It really is not that big of a stretch.

Nailed it.

• Fire 1

Basically I am just tired of everyone bitching about every loss.

If the AD and chancellor want to fire BP I am fine with that, but Echorst (sp) better have a very good replacement in mind that he is about 85% sure is going to take the job.

That replacement IMO better win a minimum of 9 games in his first year or then there really was no need to fire Pelini.

If the AD and chancellor want to fire BP I am fine with that, but Echorst (sp) better have a very good replacement in mind that he is about 85% sure is going to take the job.

That replacement IMO better win a minimum of 9 games in his first year or then there really was no need to fire Pelini.

Yep and maintain that level for a minimum of 6 years.

With 0 championships or BCS berths and 0 top 10 finishes please

With 0 championships or BCS berths and 0 top 10 finishes please

I'm glad your on board with it also. About time you pulled your head out of your ass.

• Fire 2

Then be fired for another coach and the process starts all over again

One can only hope

One can only hope

One can only hope that the coach that replaces Pelini is fired in six years? God, please go back to where you were for the past 5 months.

• Fire 1

One can only hope

One can only hope that the coach that replaces Pelini is fired in six years? God, please go back to where you were for the past 5 months.

I guess you did not recognize the sarcasm in all of the previous post right before you chimed in....