Pelini Predictions

Unless he loses the remainder of his games including a bowl game Pelini will be here next year. Eichorst is to new and doesn't have the cajones to fire him. At least that's what I think anyway. Who knows maybe he could prove me wrong but I just have a feeling nothing will be done in terms of firing Pelini. Eichorst doesn't have the stones to do it.

I really don't see Pelini surviving this season as he'll be 0 for 6 when it comes to winning a championship. When you look at this year's team, they have won games against easy competition. They were fortunate to beat Northwestern, and barely beat Wyoming. If they would have had the Big Ten opponents from 2011 and 2012 and played OSU and Wisconsin, they would be lucky to be 5-5 right now. I also don't agree that Bo needs another chance to hire new coordinators...he already did that and got it wrong. Why would we trust his judgment this time?

And every intelligent fan knew this would be a rebuilding year with a totally new defense. The only way we would have made a run at the B1G Championship is if our offense carried us. Nobody expected our all-B1G QB to be hurt after the first game. So Im sorry you deceived yourself into thinking this defense would be championship caliber with most starters having absolutely no D1 experience. That's on you bud

Many top programs lose good players each year, or have to suffer through a QB loss, yet still find a way to beat tough teams. You are deceiving yourself into thinking another year with Bo will produce a different result. He runs a sloppy program with way too many penalties, turnovers, and missed tackles. and that occurred with Martinez at the helm, and with Armstrong too.

Basically I am just tired of everyone bitching about every loss.

If the AD and chancellor want to fire BP I am fine with that, but Echorst (sp) better have a very good replacement in mind that he is about 85% sure is going to take the job.

That replacement IMO better win a minimum of 9 games in his first year or then there really was no need to fire Pelini.

Yep and maintain that level for a minimum of 6 years.

Then be fired for another coach and the process starts all over again

One can only hope

Then who are you going to get???

I'm still waiting for someone to give a realistic answer that doesn't include Fitzgerald, Petersen, Richt, or Frost...

Frost would take the job

Winning nine games doesn't mean sh#t. Anybody who uses the 9 or 10 or 8 or 11 number of victories as a barometer on whether to retain or fire a coach, doesn't have a clue about what's important and what should be looked at.

Hes saying the new coach better win at least nine games his first year. If he doesn't, what was the point in firing Pelini for a worse coach. What the hell kind of sense does it make to hire someone worse than before? But its exactly whats gonna happen and when we change coaches again in 5-6 years, the process starts all over again.

I don't need that point of view explained. I understand it and it is what led to my comments. Any number of wins or losses doesn't mean anything until you consider how they we're acquired and against what level of competition. Personally, I think that number this year should be 10 or 11 considering who is on our schedule. Look at it this way, if we played Southern Miss, or their equal, every game, how many should we win? And then you have to consider how we play in those games. So, if we win them all but just squeek by in four of them, should that be considered as good as playing a couple Bamaesque teams, losing both, but playing very well while losing? Like I said, winning 9 games doesn't mean sh#t.

You really expected 11 wins with a defense that most starters had no experience and after TM got injured?

My guess is the quality of opponent beaten will be a lot higher than ours..

Since your post started out about Ohio State's schedule......and we are in the same conference as Ohio State......is this really a difficult "guess"? If we replace Pelini, then we do. I highly doubt that's the plan because recruits continue to commit to us even now. I find it unfortunate that some look for reasons to be critical of Pelini....even in his successes.....rather than have the optimism that he's working on correcting weaknesses and trying to get this program to the next level. Like EZ-E wrote elsewhere, 9 win seasons are meaningless......until they go away.

I think the comment about 9 wins are meaningless...until they go away speaks to the divide regarding Bo. It really depends if you are a risk averse person, or a risk taker. Some know how bad things were under Callahan, and seem to be fine with 9 win seasons every year. Taking a chance on a new coach could return the program to the Callahan days. Others are more willing to take a risk, realizing that it could be a high reward situation. I fall into the latter camp, and would rather take a gamble and try to go from a top 40-ranked team to a top-10 ranked team.

Reading the Bo threads and a comment in particular about Bo possibly not having "it". It got me thinking about Martinez. I like him and thank him for selling out his body for this program, but I never thought he would be able to get us to the next level. He was scary awesome on minute ie the comebacks, the run in the B1G vs Wisky, KSU, the records etc, BUT he was also scary bad 3 years leading the FBS in fumbles, the INT's, comments about his leadership etc.....

Bo appears the same way. He comes in 2003 and lights it up with Super D, the Bullocks and then gets the HC job in 2008, 2009 brings one of the best D's I have ever seen and the most dominant player in a generation in Suh, throw in Haag, Gnomes, Assante, O'Hanlon, Fonzie etc.....The comebacks, beating everyone in the B1G, playing in numerous conference championships, then throw in the ugly, the losses, the blowouts, the defensive collapses etc.....Is it possible that regardless of changes to staff, focus, scheme etc that this is the best Bo can do? Not talking about his knowledge or coaching ability, but intangibles that can't be taught. The inner quality that makes one guy rise to the top and excel and another struggle in the middle.

Does a coach like a star player have to have "it". Does Bo not have this intangible quality? Can he get it? I think Martinez tried, but it wasn't natural so "it" didn't work.

Maybe regardless of what we try, it comes down to the same thing folks seem to like about TA, the "it" factor, the swagger etc.....

Try reading the post Sker, were our 9 wins quality wins. Were they crap. My guess is the other three that we compare ourselves to, were considerably more taxed and faired better against other quality teams.

Would like to see the breakdown.

Like I said, I am not tearing down Bo, he does a good enough job of that himself. I want answers, not Bo is great and you are bad quy for questioning where we are?

If our wins are good wins, comparative to the others, then it is something to be drug out every other post, if they aren't what the hell do they mean?

Bama knocks of LSU

Nebraska beats Southern Miss

Pretty much the same in the win column on this board it seems.

I have said I think he has earned another year, but I do not think we should be afraid to fire him if that is what the AD decides. We seem like a battered wife here.

Some know how bad things were under Callahan, and seem to be fine with 9 win seasons every year.

Let me make something crystal clear. I'm not fine with 9 win seasons. I look forward to conference championships and national title hunts. What I am impressed with is that Pelini has come in and accomplished what he did....as in consistently winning 9 games and getting to bowls after Callahan had losing seasons in 50% of his tenure here. Pelini changed that immediately. Then, the learning curve started. Recruiting suffered, and I would be the first to say Pelini's inexperience was the primary factor in this. Our defense struggled the past couple of years because of a talent issue......then injuries made that talent gap even wider by late in the season. Most of us fully understand how important both sides of the LOS are. The depth and lack of drop-off on our offensive line is impressive right now. The way we ran the ball on Michigan State is impressive. Period. Our defensive line once again has NFL caliber talent at more than one position. So even while maintaining consistency at 9+ wins, Pelini has built depth and greatly improved our talent level. Pelini has his sights set on bigger things than 9 wins, but it's impressive that Nebraska hasn't had the erratic nature in the W/L column that over 115 of the other D1 programs have endured.