Sip - feeling like 2003

da skers

If you're insinuating there's some sort of karmic necromancy involved in doing that, that committing the horcrux destroying sin of firing a coach after winning 9 games dooms the program to an eternity of Dante's 4th level, that it's truly a J. Walter Weatherman moment....then that's your deal.

Solich was fired because Pedersen had an agenda. Bo will be excused, or resign for other reasons. Solich might have been fired had he won 10 games.

...or maybe he just feels that the only way for this team to succeed is for Bo to hurry up and fail. Otherwise it's another decade of participation ribbons...he wants them to succeed, just know's it isn't happening with the current regime.

This, exactly this.

I can't say I ever rooted for a BC or BP team to lose, but I'll admit that I was able to see a silver lining to some of those late season losses in 2007 and am starting to feel the same way about Pelini. I was pissed we lost Michigan State, but will feel a little better about it if it means we're one step closer to moving away from a coach that isn't going to bring us to where we want to be.

If you're insinuating there's some sort of karmic necromancy involved in doing that, that committing the horcrux destroying sin of firing a coach after winning 9 games dooms the program to an eternity of Dante's 4th level, that it's truly a J. Walter Weatherman moment....then that's your deal.

History says 4 years, not an eternity. ;)

This 9 win thing is really becoming an epidemic. This is the same thought process that led to killing cats during the Black Death.

Great so now we can't kill cats now?

Not unless you want to wear tights and play Pied Piper. Not that I'm judging if you dig on that.

I just want to win out and have all this sh#t find a way to fix itself. Sick of losing in this fashion.

Nebraska needs to be patient. It's hilarious to me that people are comparing this season to 2003 to make the argument that Bo should be let go. If anything is to be learned from 2003, it's that programs like Nebraska need to be patient before they throw away all that is good about what they have.

Nebraska should take a page from Michigan State. They won the division two years ago. Last year, they didn't even make a bowl game. However, they stuck with their coach, they kept doing what they believed in, and here they are - division champs again, and 8-1.

This isn't to say that some changes aren't needed. They should be reorganizing the staff and their duties to some extent, and they need to re-evaluate how they go about their day-to-day business, but a complete overhaul is not necessary right now.

It's like the 'backup QB' mentality on Huskerboard. The starter falters, and the backup becomes the second coming of Jesus. Coaching isn't much different, except...

No one knows who the hell Nebraska could even bring in to coach. Sure, all the armchair AD's sitting at their computer have TONS of ideas, but at a program like Nebraska, it is hardly that simple.

I'm not trying to push round Bo through a square peg, but nobody ever seems to realize the ramifications of a coaching change. You will have transfers. You will have recruits decommit. You will have a new system for all the players to have to learn. I'm not convinced Bo is the answer, but I do know that I absolutely hate this 'instant gratification' crap that Husker fans seem to cling to. It's like a Chinese fire drill...everyone yells 'fire!' and runs around and goes nuts, but no one has the first damn clue how to fix anything. Most ideas are ludicrous and delusional. You are not getting (insert top coach here) to come to Nebraska. It just isn't happening. That's why sometimes you have to swallow your pride...and...have a sitdown if you need it...WAIT. It's not a word in any Husker fans' dictionary, probably not mine either...But really take a moment to think about what you're willing to sacrifice for a chance that all your dreams come true.