RKIII after last TD

C N Red

Did you not watch the game and see how our passing game was going?

EXACTLY MY POINT!!

IF YOU WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR PASSING GAME, PUT IN A BETTER PASSER, NOT A BETTER RUNNER!!

Tommie Armstrong: 9/21, 2 TD, 1 INT, QB Rating of 43.1

Ron Kellogg: 8/11, 1 TD, 0 INT, QB Rating of 89.2

...and before you bring up the fact that Armstrong had one more touchdown than Kellogg, please remember that the most touchdowns that Kellogg can get on his one and only drive is one...

Did you not watch the game and see how our passing game was going?

...and before you bring up the fact that Armstrong had one more touchdown than Kellogg, please remember that the most touchdowns that Kellogg can get on his one and only drive is one...

*sigh* You obviously aren't reading anything that is being said. You put in a pocket passing QB, they bring pressure, to an already weak pass protection line. I am not understanding why your point. If we had a line that could give Kellogg time in the pocket, sure... but we dont....

My point is that if we need to run the ball, then the best people to run the ball are Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross. If we need to pass the ball, the best passer is Ron Kellogg. Michigan State or anybody else cannot pin back their ears and send everybody, every play, after Ron Kellogg when he is sharing a backfield with Ameer Abdullah or Imani Cross. That would be suicide.

I am also saying that what Tommie Armstrong added to the mix as "a running quarterback" didn't balance out what he took away from our passing game. I am also saying a quarterback should be a passer first and if he can run, that's a bonus. Because all of our receivers are rendered ineffective with an ineffective passer.

Does any of this make sense to you?

My point is that if we need to run the ball, then the best people to run the ball are Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross. If we need to pass the ball, the best passer is Ron Kellogg. Michigan State or anybody else cannot pin back their ears and send everybody, every play, after Ron Kellogg when he is sharing a backfield with Ameer Abdullah or Imani Cross. That would be suicide.

I am also saying that what Tommie Armstrong added to the mix as "a running quarterback" didn't balance out what he took away from our passing game. I am also saying a quarterback should be a passer first and if he can run, that's a bonus. Because all of our receivers are rendered ineffective with an ineffective passer.

Does any of this make sense to you?

did you know that MSU altered their defense to take away the option? with RK3 in they would have brought that player back towards the middle clogging up AA's running lanes. there were numerous plays where AA and amani were getting 2 yards or less. there would have been even more with those running lanes clogged. these plays put you off schedule and allow for the defense to pin their ears back on 2nd or 3rd and long.

conversely we'd be bitching about option plays with RK3 had they put him in.

Letting TA come back for the 2nd half was a tactical error by the coaching staff...

I mostly agree with that. We've had success with a two QB system up to this point. Not sure why we went away from that.

He'd spit the bit up to that point, so why bring him back in??

Should have stuck with the QB rotation. TA had already turned the ball over twice on our first four possessions, we usaully bring in Ron on the fifth possession anyways.

Letting TA come back for the 2nd half was a tactical error by the coaching staff...

I mostly agree with that. We've had success with a two QB system up to this point. Not sure why we went away from that.

Because all of the Sunday morning quarterbacks on Huskerboard b*tched about how we shouldn't be running a two-QB system. "If you have two QB, you have no QB." TA is the future. Etc.

• Fire 2