Mad Chatter

np_husker

No mention in the article of what each inherited? Tom inherited a team that won the last 3 Orange bowls and had won 2 out of the last 3 National Champsionships. Bo inherited a team that hadn't made a bowl game 2 out of the last 4 years.

But I will agree, Tom did better in his 6 years than Bo, but jeez, I probably could have with what Dr. Tom inherited.

Dirk is not trying to get at the truth, or make a fair comparison--like you'd think a journalist should do. He's trying to make a case in support of his agenda.

• Fire 2

No mention in the article of what each inherited? Tom inherited a team that won the last 3 Orange bowls and had won 2 out of the last 3 National Champsionships. Bo inherited a team that hadn't made a bowl game 2 out of the last 4 years.

But I will agree, Tom did better in his 6 years than Bo, but jeez, I probably could have with what Dr. Tom inherited.

Dirk is not trying to get at the truth, or make a fair comparison--like you'd think a journalist should do. He's trying to make a case in support of his agenda.

NU also invented strength and conditioning as college sports programs take for granted...We are no longer cutting edge.

I think much of the hatred for Dirk is just misplaced anger from Bo supporters because what he is saying often has a lot of truth to it.

To the extent the man takes a degree of sadistic glee in what he's saying, it might have something to do with the fact that Bo has pretty much been a total dick to the media since the day he accepted the job. Guarantee, wherever Bo goes next, not being a complete ass to the media and fanbase will be at the top of his "to-do" list.

• Fire 3

Just more BS from 1 of the sportswriters who has all the answers but has never played a down of major college football in his life like 99% of the rest of the educated idiots.

and thats all i got ta say 'bout dat....

Because clearly you need to have played major college football to be able to understand that it's hard to win games when you lead the country in turnovers.

I think it's ridiculous when people say "this sportswriter never played the game so he shouldn't be able to write about it". What difference does it make? Sportswriters probably get into their work because they have a passion for sports, and they like and are good at writing. Sportswriters can be great analysts because they have an understanding of the game, have the desire to get into the numbers and history of the game, and want to present the facts are available.

I have seen countless former players be terrible "analysts". Many of these former players don't have the ability to communicate effectively and aren't willing to look at new ways of thinking or analyzing the game. These writers often times serve as the mouth piece for the average fan.

I have seen many posters on here rip guys like Mitch Sherman, Dirk Chatelain, and other writers that cover Nebraska. These writers have years of experience covering Nebraska football and are educated journalists (many of them at the University of Nebraska). I think that people just get mad at these writers because they write something that doesn't agree with their own personal agenda.

• Fire 1

Just more BS from 1 of the sportswriters who has all the answers but has never played a down of major college football in his life like 99% of the rest of the educated idiots.

Wait a minute.... so you're saying that either only 1% of the population in this country has ever played college football at a major university or that more than 1% have played but most of those are uneducated? And what about Mike Leach...he never played but can coach. He is educated...debatable on the idiot part (I like him) but we know he never played. You should get your facts straight on this.

This is more BS than anything. You don't have to have played a down of major college football to have an opinion, realize turnovers are a problem or realize that comparing one coach's career in the early 70's to one in the early 2010's isn't completely fair.

I think much of the hatred for Dirk is just misplaced anger from Bo supporters because what he is saying often has a lot of truth to it.

To the extent the man takes a degree of sadistic glee in what he's saying, it might have something to do with the fact that Bo has pretty much been a total dick to the media since the day he accepted the job. Guarantee, wherever Bo goes next, not being a complete ass to the media and fanbase will be at the top of his "to-do" list.

There could also be a reason Bo is a dick to him as well.

We'll know 100% in a few weeks, but as of now, my money is on Bo being the head football coach at Nebraska next season.

• Fire 1

We'll know 100% in a few weeks, but as of now, my money is on Bo being the head football coach at Nebraska next season.

If you have ever heard Dirk speak like on USC he has a very sacastic tone about pretty much everything he says.

For meit is not so much what he is saying it is the way he says it. I personally think he likes the role of being the dick about things. I think he feels he is being some hard nosed journalist, just presenting facts backed up by his endless statistics.

He usually only uses the stats that back up his agenda.

If you have ever heard Dirk speak like on USC he has a very sacastic tone about pretty much everything he says.

For meit is not so much what he is saying it is the way he says it. I personally think he likes the role of being the dick about things. I think he feels he is being some hard nosed journalist, just presenting facts backed up by his endless statistics.

He usually only uses the stats that back up his agenda.

he is no different than most.....they all do it.

Right there with you on both these things.