QB Philip Bates

Add to the fact that he will not have a reciever that can dominate all DBs like he does now. Jump balls will not get it done in D1 football. (Maybe with Mo. LOL) He is more of a risk than most imo. He may not make it anywhere at QB. At this point, I think, the only reason he needs to to come to Nebraska is beause he is in our own back yard and you don't want people pissing and moaning bout us letting one go. Besides he is not tuely "N" in his heart. We would be a "well I guess I will go there" option and we don't need that. Like Callahan said last year " we want people here that want to be at Nebraska". I want kids that have the desire and the passion to be a Husker!

JMHO

He is a great kid, and everytime he sees me, he says what's up man. How ya doing. But I don't know if he is going to be a d1 qb. He has some positives, but he needs to improve his passing considerably if he wants to be the quarterback for the Huskers. Right now, he can dominate because he is a superior athlete compared with the rest the high schoolers. I don't know if he would fit in in the wco here at Nebraska though, but we'll see.

i would love to see him here at NU and get a shot at playing the position that he wants to play. that might not be the case for him but it could very well happen.

maybe he comes in, redshirts hones his passing skills and then competes for pt.

it is going to depend on him and his desires about playing as a true freshman.

i have not seen this kid play, the only info i know about him is from this board, and with what is being said about him here is that he is not going to be ready for a year or 2

i would love to see him here at NU and get a shot at playing the position that he wants to play. that might not be the case for him but it could very well happen.

i have not seen this kid play, the only info i know about him is from this board, and with what is being said about him here is that he is not going to be ready for a year or 2

Yeah, he is still a raw player, and can make improvements, but if he really worked hard and still wanted to play quarterback, with his speed, he could become a great player. That said, will he put in the work? I think he will, just by seeing him work out in school, and seeing him at practice. We will see though.

Yeah, he is still a raw player, and can make improvements, but if he really worked hard and still wanted to play quarterback, with his speed, he could become a great player. That said, will he put in the work? I think he will, just by seeing him work out in school, and seeing him at practice. We will see though.

I've seen him play a few few times and agree he is a heck of an athlete but has much work to be done as a QB. He definately needs to redshirt and hone those skills. But if he can get it to click it would be awesome to have such a great athlete at QB.

What if he moves to WR?? Or CB?

Rivals has him at 6' 2". He'd be really good at either spot with some work.

But alas, if he wants to be a QB, he'll have to go somewhere else, probably.

I'd agree that he could be a good one with some work at WR or DB. Not sure about QB, he is real raw and not sure if his abilities would be suited to this offense.