QB Philip Bates

I think our days of signing QBs that run a 4.5 40 are over. I was kind of surprised we were going after him at all considering we only take one or two QBs a year. He doesn't quite fit the mold of a WCO QB.

I'm ok with this one. I think this may help us with some of the other QBs we are recruiting. I hope the guy does well at ISU. He did what was best for him.

You really cannot fault Phillip or ever BC for that matter. Phillip just simply fits the ISU offense much better than ours. He isn't the read and react QB the WCO needs, he needs to be given that pass-run option that is featured alot in the ISU playbook.

Phillip had his heart set on playing QB, and that's what he'll do. He'll follow in the mold of Bret Meyer who resembles him quite a bit as a QB, so he'll have a good tutor.

I personally wish him nothing but luck because he made a wise choice that fit HIS needs in a school.

Well I wish him luck except when he plays Nebraska. Then I hope he's introduced to the turf every time he drops back. ;)

i agree with what you guys are saying about ISU.. he fits into their system better than ours. i also agree that we were going to make him a DB. somebody told me that callahan didnt think he could make the reads fast enough but i think that is BS. i think he didnt have the arm strength IMO. good luck to bates, i bet his dad is flippin out.

i agree....i just hate to lose a nebraska kid....at least cally was honest as to his intentions for his position at NU.....mark my words, he will help ISU be a better football team......i too think he has good ability to run their O as everyone has said...i am still quite nervous as to where we are gonna get our future qb...

anyone else?

hunter

Don't worry about the QB situation.

But it is funny how around August of last year, we were talking about how BC always gets the top QB on his recruiting board. Now a bit of a panic. ;)

But remember, we didn't know about Joe Ganz and Zac Taylor until late in the recruiting process. Taylor has been alright I guess. Plus a few guys like Taylor, BC and Norvell really love Ganz. But what do they know? :)

Personally, I believe someone needs to buy a steel door and cover the panic button alot of times.

i agree....i just hate to lose a nebraska kid....at least cally was honest as to his intentions for his position at NU.....mark my words, he will help ISU be a better football team......i too think he has good ability to run their O as everyone has said...i am still quite nervous as to where we are gonna get our future qb...

anyone else?

hunter

i agree. i also hate losing ne kids. first the ol from central, now bates. maybe the luster is wearing off of bc's program and it's showing in recruiting?

anyone else?

hunter

i agree. i also hate losing ne kids. first the ol from central, now bates. maybe the luster is wearing off of bc's program and it's showing in recruiting?

I'm still not convinced that Gunn is a done deal to go to Miami. It's too bad losing Bates to ISU, but he probably wasn't going to be a QB here, and the clones were going to give him that opportunity. It sounds like a better opportunity for him and his abilities, good luck to Phillip.

unless miami gets a new coaching staff...id probably write gunn off. ive been told by someone that he's not the type to go back on his word. if there was a different coaching staff at miami before he signs i suppose there could be a change..but

unless miami gets a new coaching staff...id probably write gunn off. ive been told by someone that he's not the type to go back on his word. if there was a different coaching staff at miami before he signs i suppose there could be a change..but

Man I was told the same about Rulon Davis :bang . We see how that worked out. Not signing day yet anything can happen.