Why TA instead of RKIII?

I just don't get the love for RK3. Has he had a successful drive since Purdue? Sure, the NW hail mary was a great play, but when you get the ball 75 yards away with a minute left on that drive and you only move the ball 25 yards in that minutes and the longest the ball traveled in the air was 7 yards, that isn't exactly successfully carving up the defense. Everyone keeps arguing that Tommy is playing because he is the future as if RK3 is better to win now but we are sacrificing it to groom a young guy. That is not the case, the team has a better chance to win and move the ball and score both passing and running with Tommy at QB. If you have really seen anything that leads you to believe RK3 would score more points than Tommy, then well, i don't know what you're watching.

One fair argument I could see is that RK3 may turn the ball over less, which is something that is fair to assume. But that just makes our offense go into 2009 mode. We score maybe 6 points against MSU with RK3 in the whole game, the difference is that we don't have 2009's defense. We need Tommy in the game to move the ball, he just needs to turn the ball over less.

I just don't get the love for RK3. Has he had a successful drive since Purdue? Sure, the NW hail mary was a great play, but when you get the ball 75 yards away with a minute left on that drive and you only move the ball 25 yards in that minutes and the longest the ball traveled in the air was 7 yards, that isn't exactly successfully carving up the defense. Everyone keeps arguing that Tommy is playing because he is the future as if RK3 is better to win now but we are sacrificing it to groom a young guy. That is not the case, the team has a better chance to win and move the ball and score both passing and running with Tommy at QB. If you have really seen anything that leads you to believe RK3 would score more points than Tommy, then well, i don't know what you're watching.

One fair argument I could see is that RK3 may turn the ball over less, which is something that is fair to assume. But that just makes our offense go into 2009 mode. We score maybe 6 points against MSU with RK3 in the whole game, the difference is that we don't have 2009's defense. We need Tommy in the game to move the ball, he just needs to turn the ball over less.

Speaking of turnovers, does anyone else feel like we need to have a "Program" moment and make every offensive back carry around a football during all day long? I don't know how many more fumbles I can take!

We need to rotate them. Tommy needs time to review and study on the sidelines. Ron offers us things that Tommy can't, but Tommy is the better running threat and the offense has been built around a QB who is able to run. Which makes it probably difficult to change wholesale over to Ron, but I don't know.

In any case I think we need a healthy mix of both.

Honest question here. Real food for thought.

If Ameer doesnt get that 4th and 15, and/or Westerkamp does not catch that ball, do folks still have the same sentiment for Ron Kellogg?

Seriously, what has Kellogg done that is better than Armstrong without those two plays?

It's also pretty known that the questionable insertions of Ron in some games has appeared to hamper any and all rythm gained by the offense under Tommy.

Just a couple thoughts and observations.

Mr. Accountability:

Not sure of your age. But: If Nebraska gets a field goal instead of a wide-right or left here and there, in the 90's run, would we be in a diifferent place now?

If not for this, that, or another thing: the one second run off against Texas . . . .

We can come at this from all angles.

And none of them are helpful in the present or future. The ball rolls our way sometimes, and against us others (seemingly mostly lately).

You could also say that Ron came in cold, but may have been in the game if he had started. I think he offers the real threat of a pass, less of a chance of interceptions. That gives a chance to pass and with Ameer a good chance of running the ball effectively. Balanced I guess is the word.

And I think we had a chance to really improve our walk on program with him. Had he played first, it would have helped to motivate others. We all know Tommy will play next year, Ron is playing his last days of football for a program he has lived for. Those opportunities change the culture of programs. I think he is close enough at this point, he was worth the chance. If he could not do it, by all means bring in Tommy. But we need the wins and senior experience and the knowledge of the system were positives on his side. I think we blew it there, but hind site is always perfect. No problem, but I think a missed opportunity.

• Fire 1

It's also pretty known that the questionable insertions of Ron in some games has appeared to hamper any and all rythm gained by the offense under Tommy.

Coaches put in RKIII after a couple series: ruins TA's rhythm.

Coaches leave TA in: Why didn't they play RKIII.

Just how it goes. Everyone always knows better.

• Fire 1