So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

Excellent points EZ-E. Pelini is often sold way short on this board due to agendas. Pelini is well known and respected in the coaching fraternity.....having spent time in both the NFL and college ranks under some of the best names in the game. Pelini's career would be just fine if something happened to his job here. I'm not sure what his buyout would be, but significant I think. Recruits continue to commit. There's really not any strong signs of Pelini going anywhere.......and many signs are seemingly quite the opposite.

Are we talking about if Bo ever wanted to leave or not? That I don't know. I also don't think we know if Bo wanted to leave after that in '11 or '12 or whenever it was he made the "day is coming now" comment, but the opportunity wasn't there.

I dont think it's that he wanted to just leave here. I do believe that he wanted to get the job at Ohio St. And a lot of me thinks he truly believed in that moment, that heated, high tempered moment, that he was gonna get it. Remember, at that point, the Urban talks hadnt even started up yet.

Because I know the folks involved in this I will state that he never "tried" for those jobs. Miami had an offer for him when they called him (not the other way around). Arky there was no interest on his end and I'm not sure there was much from there side either other than people reaching out to see if there was interest. There is a misconception he's out searching and that wasn't true although if I were him I would be sure to check around now.

I do too and they said the opposite. He wanted the Miami job, Arky was used more to get yet another undeserved raise from Tom.

Yes. He wanted the Miami job. Due to his poor performance they chose a guy who had been a coach at Temple before taking their job.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Bo were going to move on, after the 2010 season would have been optimal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it. Around the time of the Miami rumor in 2010:

1) He had just turned a program around completely after a second trip to a conference title

2) He had just won ten games in the Big 12 which at the time was significantly harder than in the ACC

3) Harvey had just stabbed him in the back through the media

4) The media in Omaha had started to really harp on him

5) The sanctions that Miami would face had not even been heard of until later that spring

Put down your crack pipe and remember the situation.

People have been banned or threatened with a ban for things that EZ said here, #1.

#2. If 2010 is "turning the program around completely " count me in the camp to bring a guy in with a better upside.

#3. If Bo thought or thinks the media turning on him in Omaha is bad I almost wish an sec school would take a flyer on him.

• Fire 5

If Bo thought or thinks the media turning on him in Omaha is bad I almost wish an sec school would take a flyer on him.

I'm not sure Pelini is concerned about the Omaha media. He'd be no real stranger to the SEC media either as a high profile DC with a ring from his time there.

Pretty sure there was some sort of audio tape where he was quite concerned with the Omaha media.

• Fire 1

I am glad you find it acceptable for the HC of the University of Nebraska to berate a little league official. How commendable of you

I know what this is referring to. I highly doubt you were there. The accounts of that day I've read online do not match the actual situation. If you're basing this statement off second-hand knowledge, I don't think you got a clear picture of what happened.

And then there's things like this, how something like that could happen and not go viral borders on impossible.

Pretty sure there was some sort of audio tape where he was quite concerned with the Omaha media.

I could care less about that audio tape......though there's a specific reason for Pelini's lack of appreciation for the Omaha media. Doesn't mean he's concerned about the media.

What exactly is that reason? Something other than 100% support?

I am glad you find it acceptable for the HC of the University of Nebraska to berate a little league official. How commendable of you

I know what this is referring to. I highly doubt you were there. The accounts of that day I've read online do not match the actual situation. If you're basing this statement off second-hand knowledge, I don't think you got a clear picture of what happened.

And then there's things like this, how something like that could happen and not go viral borders on impossible.

Exactly. Hedley's a moron for even bringing this up. I may live a hundred miles from the Omaha/Lincoln, but if somethign like this was really that significant, how's come I never heard anything of it?

This one of the cold-hearted jabs at the guys character that i'm referring to that piss me off. We're not winning championships so a bunch of entitled butt-hurt fans have to start taking cheap shots. Just like after the audio was released, Scott VanPelt had the best things to say about it. It's not about Bo, and it's not about the Nebraska fanbase as a whole. This is one fan, one loser, who's mad becuase UCLA came in and dominated their team. They're mad and decided to take a cheap shot at their coach. Losers. Just frickin losers.

• Fire 2

Exactly. Hedley's a moron for even bringing this up. I may live a hundred miles from the Omaha/Lincoln, but if somethign like this was really that significant, how's come I never heard anything of it?

So...if Accountability hasn't heard of it, it didn't happen. Got it :)

Oh my.

My point is, is if something like this was really a big deal, you think it wouldnt be new? In this state? With our obsession over anything husker football? Some guy posted a random rumor on facebook about Bo supposedly resigning and look how that blew up. If it was really as big an issue as Hedley tries to spin it as, then it wouldve been new. Probably national news. Bo berates little league official and no one runs with it. Yeah, whatever.

• Fire 1