So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

What everyone here is asking for is some sort of relevance nationally. If that means winning 8 games then 12 then 9 then 7 then 14 so be it. I could give two craps about 9 wins against terrible teams

would 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, 8, 12 be acceptable?

Depends on the types of wins and losses. Record against BCS opponents with winning records. Hardware earned etc.

Well lets just use all of Bo's wins and losses over the last 6 years, but in the 7th year the guy wins the Big 10 Championship. Lost a close game by less than 7 points during the regular season against a top 20 team and lost the BCS game by less than 7 points.

Nope he would not make it to that point. I get what you are trying to do by saying Bo will win 12 in two years yadda yadda yadda but his 6 years of manning the ship show otherwise.

You got me. I guess we'll never know. Or will we?

this is ridiculous. only on huskerboard could those defending bo make me less impressed and more confident in the need for a new direction. the ways people are defending bo are utterly preposterous.

he has nary a meaningful win. he has some really good wins, but we are favored in most of our games because we rarely play a team that is even ranked.

and to get so worked up because someone would reasonably expect more from this program is asinine. what bo does best is do just good enough to give us some hope for the next year, but he has been doing that for 6 years now. how many more next years are we going to give him because we are so afraid the next guy will not be able to win 9 freaking games against mostly garbage teams?

i do not think bo should be fired, but i would not lose any sleep if he was. i also think that there is no reason to believe we could not find someone at least as good if not better.

• Fire 5

10 wins, which Bo has gotten with regularity, is not easy. Bo's accomplishments here really have not been bad at all.

That said, there are a boatload of teams that will have accomplished more in the past four seasons than Bo Pelini at Nebraska. These weren't Bo's first 4 years in the program, and he doesn't have higher accomplishments to rest on before that ('09 was a very solid season, though). We're not at a point where you could say this is an elite program hitting the inevitable downcycle. Rather, it's a program that has plateaued with nothing but hope that it will go break through to the next level.

I think there are some very good reasons to be hopeful myself, but that's just the nature of being a fan; eternal optimism. Also, most of those reasons (talent) are going to be sticking around even if the coaches don't.

this is ridiculous. only on huskerboard could those defending bo make me less impressed and more confident in the need for a new direction. the ways people are defending bo are utterly preposterous.

he has nary a meaningful win. he has some really good wins, but we are favored in most of our games because we rarely play a team that is even ranked.

and to get so worked up because someone would reasonably expect more from this program is asinine. what bo does best is do just good enough to give us some hope for the next year, but he has been doing that for 6 years now. how many more next years are we going to give him because we are so afraid the next guy will not be able to win 9 freaking games against mostly garbage teams?

i do not think bo should be fired, but i would not lose any sleep if he was. i also think that there is no reason to believe we could not find someone at least as good if not better.

//end all threads.

• Fire 1

10 wins, which Bo has gotten with regularity, is not easy. Bo's accomplishments here really have not been bad at all.

That said, there are a boatload of teams that will have accomplished more in the past four seasons than Bo Pelini at Nebraska. These weren't Bo's first 4 years in the program, and he doesn't have higher accomplishments to rest on before that ('09 was a very solid season, though). We're not at a point where you could say this is an elite program hitting the inevitable downcycle. Rather, it's a program that has plateaued with nothing but hope that it will go break through to the next level.

I think there are some very good reasons to be hopeful myself, but that's just the nature of being a fan; eternal optimism. Also, most of those reasons (talent) are going to be sticking around even if the coaches don't.

Does something not appear to be broken tough? There is some young talent on this team. I do not think it is top 4 playoff level talent nor do I think Bo can get the talent needed to be a top 4 team.

Also, most of those reasons (talent) are going to be sticking around even if the coaches don't.

I wouldn't be so sure. Ameer will certainly take a long look at the NFL, and if Bo leaves that might be a deciding factor. There's a lot of smoke about Gregory leaving for the NFL after this season - while I doubt that's going to happen, the coaches getting fired could again be a factor.

I don't think players staying or leaving should be a factor in the coaching decision, but as fans it would really suck to lose arguably the two most talented guys on the roster for next year.

I don't know Hedley. I don't feel qualified to evaluate.

So it's a maybe for me. I think the accomplishments to date allows us to go either way with Bo. More patience, or make a move now.

Red, yeah, maybe that'll happen...there's some attrition with any staff change. And actually, attrition happens even without it. It would suck, though. Those are two of my favorite guys to watch play. However, the new coach would have ample opportunity to come in and get the guys to buy in. Players are going to make the decisions that are best for them, ultimately. They're not going to spite the university of Nebraska in honor of a coach they didn't want to see fired. That'd be silly.

I would really like to know where I have "bitched" about the MSU loss. If I did and you can find it please direct me towards it and I will agree with you that I bitched about the loss. Just to make things clear you are ok with our losses? I mean you do not see a need to address any issues or rise any concerns?

No, I don't like losing. But it happens....to every team. And yes, some things need to be fixed. I've already said that. And no, I don't think getting rid of Bo is the answer.

And all you have done since you've made your comeback this week is bitch about Bo. How can you deny that?

Oh I obviously dislike Mr. Spaghetti on several different levels. Recruiting, Off the field antics regarding his temper, coaching, looking for other jobs etc etc etc. Why is it so terrible to voice my displeasure with Mr. Spaghetti when the program I love is being held back by him? He told you already what he thinks of all of us and it can only be said in the woodshed here. I am just looking forward to moving on from all of this after the Iowa game.

So you're switching favorite teams? Good. Go be someone else's problem.

I would really like to know where I have "bitched" about the MSU loss. If I did and you can find it please direct me towards it and I will agree with you that I bitched about the loss. Just to make things clear you are ok with our losses? I mean you do not see a need to address any issues or rise any concerns?

No, I don't like losing. But it happens....to every team. And yes, some things need to be fixed. I've already said that. And no, I don't think getting rid of Bo is the answer.

And all you have done since you've made your comeback this week is bitch about Bo. How can you deny that?

Oh I obviously dislike Mr. Spaghetti on several different levels. Recruiting, Off the field antics regarding his temper, coaching, looking for other jobs etc etc etc. Why is it so terrible to voice my displeasure with Mr. Spaghetti when the program I love is being held back by him? He told you already what he thinks of all of us and it can only be said in the woodshed here. I am just looking forward to moving on from all of this after the Iowa game.

Recruiting is so bad that we have a defense full of young kids that played every bit as good as the Michigan State defense did on Saturday. We also have a coach who is so unapproachable off the field that he let a little cancer patient who can never actually play football run a play in the spring game.

dan-hawkins-intramurals_medium.jpg

Recruiting is so bad that we have a defense full of young kids that played every bit as good as the Michigan State defense did on Saturday. We also have a coach who is so unapproachable off the field that he let a little cancer patient who can never actually play football run a play in the spring game. There has been one job that Bo even considered. tOSU.

Just wondering, with everybody being so sensitive an weird about racism, is the spaghetti comment aimed to be prejudicial to Pelini being Italian?

I also once considered banging Kate Upton. Just saying.