So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

Do we really need to run through the litany of questionable decisions Tom Osborne made during his tenure here? Where is this belief that Nebraska has always been a squeaky-clean program coming from?

Feel free to inform me if I'm misinformed, but the only two major scenarios I can remember with Osborne were the Lawrence Phillips saga and the rape case. In the case of Phillips, he hadn't actually done anything illegal at the time yet, had he? And Osborne and the staff set forth standards that he would have to meet to get back to good standing on the team, and he met them. Probably misguided, in hindsight, but Tom Osborne has consistent enough testimony from so many people that it's easy to trust he was making that decision with LP's best interests at heart.

Osborne himself has acknowledged not handling the rape case in the best way and has reconciled and apologized with the woman and even invited her back to speak to the team a few times.

I know we haven't been squeaky clean - but I also am able to rest my head knowing that Osborne's decisions were made, according to what he thought, in the best interests of the players, mistakes though they may have been. I decline to make character assassinations against Saban or Fisher or whoever, but the consistent witness speaks very, very poorly on their part. Bearing bad fruit, so to speak.

Tyrone Williams' gat says, "Hello."

I would really like to know where I have "bitched" about the MSU loss. If I did and you can find it please direct me towards it and I will agree with you that I bitched about the loss. Just to make things clear you are ok with our losses? I mean you do not see a need to address any issues or rise any concerns?

No, I don't like losing. But it happens....to every team. And yes, some things need to be fixed. I've already said that. And no, I don't think getting rid of Bo is the answer.

And all you have done since you've made your comeback this week is bitch about Bo. How can you deny that?

Oh I obviously dislike Mr. Spaghetti on several different levels. Recruiting, Off the field antics regarding his temper, coaching, looking for other jobs etc etc etc. Why is it so terrible to voice my displeasure with Mr. Spaghetti when the program I love is being held back by him? He told you already what he thinks of all of us and it can only be said in the woodshed here. I am just looking forward to moving on from all of this after the Iowa game.

Recruiting is so bad that we have a defense full of young kids that played every bit as good as the Michigan State defense did on Saturday. We also have a coach who is so unapproachable off the field that he let a little cancer patient who can never actually play football run a play in the spring game. There has been one job that Bo even considered. tOSU.

Just wondering, with everybody being so sensitive an weird about racism, is the spaghetti comment aimed to be prejudicial to Pelini being Italian?

This is false, he tried for the Miami and Arky gigs and they were not interested in him. Once he saw that he was stuck here, then he used leaving as a leverage to get undeserved raises. As much as you want to believe that he is loyal to Nebraska, that just isn't the truth.

I would really like to know where I have "bitched" about the MSU loss. If I did and you can find it please direct me towards it and I will agree with you that I bitched about the loss. Just to make things clear you are ok with our losses? I mean you do not see a need to address any issues or rise any concerns?

No, I don't like losing. But it happens....to every team. And yes, some things need to be fixed. I've already said that. And no, I don't think getting rid of Bo is the answer.

And all you have done since you've made your comeback this week is bitch about Bo. How can you deny that?

Oh I obviously dislike Mr. Spaghetti on several different levels. Recruiting, Off the field antics regarding his temper, coaching, looking for other jobs etc etc etc. Why is it so terrible to voice my displeasure with Mr. Spaghetti when the program I love is being held back by him? He told you already what he thinks of all of us and it can only be said in the woodshed here. I am just looking forward to moving on from all of this after the Iowa game.

Recruiting is so bad that we have a defense full of young kids that played every bit as good as the Michigan State defense did on Saturday. We also have a coach who is so unapproachable off the field that he let a little cancer patient who can never actually play football run a play in the spring game. There has been one job that Bo even considered. tOSU.

Just wondering, with everybody being so sensitive an weird about racism, is the spaghetti comment aimed to be prejudicial to Pelini being Italian?

This is false, he tried for the Miami and Arky gigs and they were not interested in him. Once he saw that he was stuck here, then he used leaving as a leverage to get undeserved raises. As much as you want to believe that he is loyal to Nebraska, that just isn't the truth.

Because I know the folks involved in this I will state that he never "tried" for those jobs. Miami had an offer for him when they called him (not the other way around). Arky there was no interest on his end and I'm not sure there was much from there side either other than people reaching out to see if there was interest. There is a misconception he's out searching and that wasn't true although if I were him I would be sure to check around now.

I am highly unimpressed with any concerns about "struggling" to buy out a contract. Money to accomplish that is not going to be a blip of an issue if it comes to that.

Agree. Moving to the B10 made it so buyouts are a blip anymore. Not that it matters because I believe the words were "I don't give a crap what boosters think" and that wasn't from our coach. Just know Harvey has demonstrated through his actions he's a one man wrecking crew. He hired the lasted AD without so much as a peep from anyone else. He also more or less brought Peady here the same way. His ego is quite large. And there is a reason the OWH isn't running the boosters are pissed stories dooming Bo after last week. Its because the majority (I can say I know of one mid level and one minor against Bo) are more in favor of his coaching than they are of Harvey.

I know thats 100% my issue here. If it was anyone but that guy thrusting himself into the decision I'd be more open to the idea that we could possibly need change but that guy is a cluster f&^K when it comes to athletics. For someone who's profession is law he's managed to screw up not only the contracts of the last 2 coaches and ADs he also cost NU about 10 million dollars in exit fees to the B12 that were not on the table until he couldn't wait to tell the OWH about his secrete meetings and cloak and dager and how he was so awesome and got us into the B10. If he would have waited 10 days to talk about it we would have been better off. He also screwed our entry into the B10 by having us sit on reduced funds the period that we did. It should have been 1/2 as long at best since thats what they offered.

• Fire 2

He also screwed our entry into the B10 by having us sit on reduced funds the period that we did. It should have been 1/2 as long at best since thats what they offered.

So you're saying the B1G said...we'll make you a full member starting the 2014 season...and Harvey said "no, go ahead and keep the tens of millions of dollars and wait until 2017, we don't need it." ?

Huh?

He also screwed our entry into the B10 by having us sit on reduced funds the period that we did. It should have been 1/2 as long at best since thats what they offered.

So you're saying the B1G said...we'll make you a full member starting the 2014 season...and Harvey said "no, go ahead and keep the tens of millions of dollars and wait until 2017, we don't need it." ?

Huh?

I'm saying the offer changed once "we needed a home". The tone and context of our previous agreement changed once Harvey painted a different picture to them after we had verbally agreed to one set of numbers it changed some. He's really good a running his mouth when it needs to shut up.

Case in point the interview with the OWH after the ATM game where Bo when ape sh#t. He commented to the media before ever addressing it with TO and the coach which pretty much tainted Bo's image forever even though his sideline behavior has changed greatly. And lets not forget his quick public support of his old buddy Graham at PSU and telling the word what a great honorable guy that was even though all evidence was supporting the idea the guy had covered up to me the biggest most horrible crime in sports ever.

I won't even touch deeply on the fact that he's lied several times yet none of that seems to be brought up in the media. Even in his search for Shawn he said several coaches, TO and other people would be consulted in the hire only for him to announce he found his guy and he never sought council with one single person he said he would. To me that shows his character more than anything. He's a snake and probably the sole reason we were also kicked out of the AAU because he damaged the relationships there to the point that even our B10 members didn't want us in. He really belongs working for the NCAA because they're full of his type.

• Fire 5

Huh?

I'm saying the offer changed once "we needed a home". The tone and context of our previous agreement changed once Harvey painted a different picture to them after we had verbally agreed to one set of numbers it changed some. He's really good a running his mouth when it needs to shut up.

Case in point the interview with the OWH after the ATM game where Bo when ape sh#t. He commented to the media before ever addressing it with TO and the coach which pretty much tainted Bo's image forever even though his sideline behavior has changed greatly. And lets not forget his quick public support of his old buddy Graham at PSU and telling the word what a great honorable guy that was even though all evidence was supporting the idea the guy had covered up to me the biggest most horrible crime in sports ever.

I won't even touch deeply on the fact that he's lied several times yet none of that seems to be brought up in the media. Even in his search for Shawn he said several coaches, TO and other people would be consulted in the hire only for him to announce he found his guy and he never sought council with one single pexrson he said he would. To me that shows his character more than anything. He's a snake and probably the sole reason we were also kicked out of the AAU because he damaged the relationships there to the point that even our B10 members didn't want us in. He really belongs working for the NCAA because they're full of his type.

Have you read "Death to the BCS"? If not, great book. You get like 5 chapters in and no mention of Nebraska which is strange. Then tbe begfining of the next chapter starts like "Harvey Pearlman, Chancelloer of the University of Nebraska......"

Pretty much sums up his bias and short comings in a brilliant way.

I am glad you find it acceptable for the HC of the University of Nebraska to berate a little league official. How commendable of you

I know what this is referring to. I highly doubt you were there. The accounts of that day I've read online do not match the actual situation. If you're basing this statement off second-hand knowledge, I don't think you got a clear picture of what happened.

I am glad you find it acceptable for the HC of the University of Nebraska to berate a little league official. How commendable of you

I know what this is referring to. I highly doubt you were there. The accounts of that day I've read online do not match the actual situation. If you're basing this statement off second-hand knowledge, I don't think you got a clear picture of what happened.

Yep. Another "Bo Pelini is mean" urban legend.