So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

Exactly. Hedley's a moron for even bringing this up. I may live a hundred miles from the Omaha/Lincoln, but if somethign like this was really that significant, how's come I never heard anything of it?

So...if Accountability hasn't heard of it, it didn't happen. Got it :)

Oh my.

My point is, is if something like this was really a big deal, you think it wouldnt be new? In this state? With our obsession over anything husker football? Some guy posted a random rumor on facebook about Bo supposedly resigning and look how that blew up. If it was really as big an issue as Hedley tries to spin it as, then it wouldve been new. Probably national news. Bo berates little league official and no one runs with it. Yeah, whatever.

Stop killing Urban legends.

Not that nobody runs with it. It came up, at the time, including on this board. It just wasn't taken very seriously. And since (almost?) none of us were there I don't think anyone can really characterize what happened. Probably wasn't a very big deal and some guys who were anti-Bo to begin with just had a less ... forgiving take and shared it.

My point is, is if something like this was really a big deal, you think it wouldnt be new? In this state? With our obsession over anything husker football? Some guy posted a random rumor on facebook about Bo supposedly resigning and look how that blew up. If it was really as big an issue as Hedley tries to spin it as, then it wouldve been new. Probably national news. Bo berates little league official and no one runs with it. Yeah, whatever.

I know, I was just messing. I remember it coming up on this board and being pretty well blown off as nothing. Came and went in a 24 hour period, less than 3 page thread type of thing.

Exactly. Hedley's a moron for even bringing this up. I may live a hundred miles from the Omaha/Lincoln, but if somethign like this was really that significant, how's come I never heard anything of it?

So...if Accountability hasn't heard of it, it didn't happen. Got it :)

Oh my.

Ha, depends on how the program is viewed. No National News about any coaching changes at McNeese state either?

Sorry, had to, my bad! :confucius

I know, I was just messing. I remember it coming up on this board and being pretty well blown off as nothing. Came and went in a 24 hour period, less than 3 page thread type of thing.

I gottcha. Hell, i dont even recall it that much. Good day sir.

I think Bo Pelini is pretty well-respected within the coaching fraternity, but reading between the lines (because they will never come out and say it) the college football insiders seem to understand why Bo Pelini is on the hot seat. They will never support his firing, but the lack of discipline and fundamentals on defense the past couple years has been glaring and mystifying. Nobody would mind "fiery Bo" if his defense is playing fiery football. The combo of berating and blowouts is a bad look. Head Coaching means taking responsibility for both. I think Bo Pelini being on the very edge of his job, and his young team being asked to step up for him is making everyone better. Bo Pelini has earned his hot seat, and he just might be earning some faith this season. It's not the rumor mills' fault. It's proven on the field.

• Fire 1

The berating thing - this is still a thing? When's the last time Mt. Bosuvius erupted unjustifiably?

Yeah, more of something for people to throw around if they need a dig at this point. He still gets upset but the same can be said of 80% (or more) of coaches. Actually Saturday was about as mad as I remember seeing him since the infamous aTm meltdown. He's been unquestionably and significantly better since then, imo.

And when he has berated officials, I haven't noticed that it was overboard or unwarranted. In fact, that call could have cost us the game, and I thought he was relatively mild about it.

I agree. There are about 10 coaches I can think of that would have been 100 times worse at bending the officials ear.

• Fire 1

He has done better with the Refs but Knapp, I believe in the MSU game just before half (when MSU walked into the endzone hardly touched), he threw his headset onto the turf which didn't look so good. I like his fire, but it did not look good on TV when I got home and rewatched on news.

He has done better with the Refs but Knapp, I believe in the MSU game just before half (when MSU walked into the endzone hardly touched), he threw his headset onto the turf which didn't look so good. I like his fire, but it did not look good on TV when I got home and rewatched on news.

Didnt look good.but not one person wearing red that day didnt want to throw something at the ground after that.

Is this being brought up in the interest of being thorough, or do you actually see this as evidence that he is still the same hothead?

There would have been 119 other FBS head coaches that would have done the same thing when they saw their linebacker in position to make a tackle and come up with nothing but air.