So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

He has done better with the Refs but Knapp, I believe in the MSU game just before half (when MSU walked into the endzone hardly touched), he threw his headset onto the turf which didn't look so good. I like his fire, but it did not look good on TV when I got home and rewatched on news.

Didnt look good.but not one person wearing red that day didnt want to throw something at the ground after that.

I know that's EXACTLY the way I felt right then. :lol:

He has done better with the Refs but Knapp, I believe in the MSU game just before half (when MSU walked into the endzone hardly touched), he threw his headset onto the turf which didn't look so good. I like his fire, but it did not look good on TV when I got home and rewatched on news.

Is this being brought up in the interest of being thorough, or do you actually see this as evidence that he is still the same hothead?

Pointing it out that the guy has not lost his fire and may be pointing some of his irritation at inanimate objects rather than refs as he once used too. However also pointing out that this is how the masses outside of Nebraska think he is all the time. (Perception) That is why it did not look good! Perception is powerful in the minds of those who funnel the $$$

Didnt look good.but not one person wearing red that day didnt want to throw something at the ground after that.

I know that's EXACTLY the way I felt right then. :lol:

Agreed; however I was more in disbelief than angry!

If it wasnt the headset it would be the weekly Papuchis Ass Ripping the camera seems to find. Those who want him out will find something negative to spin. He hasnt lost his passion or fire. Poor guys is gonna blow if he doesnt get tomlet it out soon though. How bad could those refs be before he literally explodes.

The berating thing - this is still a thing? When's the last time Mt. Bosuvius erupted unjustifiably?

Unjustifiably? That's a judgement call. There are plenty of coaches who get angry and virtually 100% are visibly pissed at bad calls that hurt their team. No problem with that.

Bo laying into Papuchis earlier this season may have been justifiable. But he really kept going. Other coaches and players were intervening. It wasn't a great family moment. And Bo really shouldn't have been surprised by what his DC was doing that Saturday. And several previous Saturdays.

Bo may not be erupting as loud or as often. If he's improved, give him credit for it. If we like aggressive Bo, give him credit for that. But Bo's reputation for being a hothead isn't the invention of the media. It is what it is. Friends and colleagues call it "passion" and "competitiveness" when the microphone is on, but Bo is an in-your-face guy with a vocabulary that would get him kicked off HuskerBoard. Say what you will about the leaker, that tape was the unfiltered Bo. Defend him all you want, but let's not pretend his personality isn't a thing.

My point was simply that fiery Bo looks great when his team is playing fiery. Fiery Bo looks out of control when his team is playing uninspired, or melting down completely.

I think Bo might be turning things around right now. I'm not sure what he's doing different, but he still looks fiery and ass-chewy to me. Players seem to have his back. They also seem more focused and resilient. The results on the field make all the difference in the world.

Let me add something else to what Guy said,

I am sure there are many people on this board who have played football and throwing a helmet would get your a$$ running some stairs and a lot of up downs until you puke.

So when they see their animated coach throw headsets, what do you think the players feel like doing when they are pissed?

Again; kids like to say they will run through walls for coaches like Bo but often that same lost self control that impresses the kids shows itself in the game with undisciplined play.

Whether the powers keep Bo, Bo resigns at the end of the year or we have a new set of coordinators come in to aid Bo next year, that is up to the powers to decide and I am just pointing out that this temper issue (although may be warranted at times and has got a lot better) can send the wrong messages too!

We're picking nits at this point.

Yep, agreed;

I am tired of this whole saga. I'm going to sit on the sidelines and hoot and holler. Whatever happens will happen regardless of anyone’s view point and I will be there for the kids and institution regardless.

I supported Callahan in 2007. I thought we had a good recruiting base for the program and sometimes you just have a down year. Of course looking back, sometimes you have a head coach that loses his team and at that point it's a very sensible time for a change of direction.

I think this right here should be the most important factor in retaining or removing Bo. This team has not quit on him like they did Callahan. They believe in what he is doing.

I'd sure hate replacing a 9 win Head Coach for a 5 win Head Coach. That's bad business.

if you are not winning championships or meaningful games, what is the difference?

With Bo winning at least 9 games he has been to 3 conference championship games. So he at least had the opportunity to win. How many of those games do you think Nebraska would go to if our coach won only 5 games a year?

What everyone here is asking for is some sort of relevance nationally. If that means winning 8 games then 12 then 9 then 7 then 14 so be it. I could give two craps about 9 wins against terrible teams

Find me a better coach than Bo that is winning 9+ games against all good-great teams.

I agree. But coaches like that are pretty rare. Since nearly every team schedules at least three tomato can games per year, a season with 9+ quality wins is an undefeated season. Usually not more than one or two of the 120 teams get through a season unscathed.

What everyone here is asking for is some sort of relevance nationally. If that means winning 8 games then 12 then 9 then 7 then 14 so be it. I could give two craps about 9 wins against terrible teams

Find me a better coach than Bo that is winning 9+ games against all good-great teams.

I guess you could go down the top 25...it's not about winning 9 against good-great teams (because no one plays 9), it's about winning 3-4 against good-great teams. Win those, and you'll get to 11, 12, 13 wins every season. Bo bats about .150 in those games.

For ref: Nick Saban, Jimbo Fisher, Urban Meyer, Gus Malzahn, Gary Pinkel. Dabo Swinney, Gundy, Briles, shaw, spurrier, dantonio....

If our criteria is winning 11, 12 or 13 games a season, every season, that list just got a LOT smaller.

But that's not the issue with Bo, and people need to stop talking about the number of wins we have. Nine wins is a lower percentage of wins today than it was in 1985, so nine is irrelevant. Ten wins gets us middling bowl games so ten is irrelevant. Number of wins is only relevant when that number is 8 or below. Significantly more below and we have problems.

The issue with Bo's teams is and always has been inconsistency. Whether that manifests itself in fumbles or blowout losses or lack of basic fundamentals, it's a persistent problem through all six years of his tenure. We plug one hole in the dyke and another springs a leak.

That's the problem. We need a coach that'll nail down the stupid little things that keep cropping up, and the wins will take care of themselves. If the person to do that is Bo, great. If it's not, your guess is as good as mine as to who'll get that done.

• Fire 3