So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

Yes, didn't mean to imply 11, 12, 13 was my standard. My point was, that we will never have to beat 9 good-great teams. We'll only play 4-6 a season, and I'd say 6 would have to be a pretty great year for the B1G. So more than likely each year we'll be favored to win all but 1 or 2 games, and go up against 4 good-great teams total. The other 8-9 "should" be very winnable games, which means all Bo has to do to get over the hump is step up in those 4 games. And it's been a long, long time since he's stepped up in one of those. Maybe once in the last 3 years? Bat .500, and don't lose to one of the 8-9. If we were following that script right now, he'd be 10-1. We still might not be making the championship game, but no one would be too upset with 10-1. And it doesn't seem so far out of reach. Split UCLA/MSU, don't lose to Minny. Does that seem so far off after what we've seen this season? UCLA, up by a wide margin, dominating the game. MSU, 5 turnovers and still within a score in the 4th. Not a stretch, and it wouldn't be such an issue if we didn't do the same thing year in and year out.

Yeah, like two weeks even.

The loss against MSU is stepping up? :dunno

Yes, didn't mean to imply 11, 12, 13 was my standard. My point was, that we will never have to beat 9 good-great teams. We'll only play 4-6 a season, and I'd say 6 would have to be a pretty great year for the B1G. So more than likely each year we'll be favored to win all but 1 or 2 games, and go up against 4 good-great teams total. The other 8-9 "should" be very winnable games, which means all Bo has to do to get over the hump is step up in those 4 games. And it's been a long, long time since he's stepped up in one of those. Maybe once in the last 3 years? Bat .500, and don't lose to one of the 8-9. If we were following that script right now, he'd be 10-1. We still might not be making the championship game, but no one would be too upset with 10-1. And it doesn't seem so far out of reach. Split UCLA/MSU, don't lose to Minny. Does that seem so far off after what we've seen this season? UCLA, up by a wide margin, dominating the game. MSU, 5 turnovers and still within a score in the 4th. Not a stretch, and it wouldn't be such an issue if we didn't do the same thing year in and year out.

Yeah, like two weeks even.

The loss against MSU is stepping up? :dunno

We were underdogs at Michigan, were we not?

i am just glad we are still not in the Big 12.....we would have more losses......

I dont know, Big 12 iz a strange league. Wed stillfair roughly the same. Bo knows hiw to defend against those teams even though hes a Big Ten alum, figures.

I don't watch big 12 games with a lot of fear in my heart. They have some good team, I don't see anything elite. OU, Texas, are nothing special, Baylor showed that their offense can be shut down and Okie St. is probably the best overall and they lost to WVa.

I would think NU would be right in the mix with them.

I think if you keep Bo, you let him make all the staff decisions. There's maybe a (non coordinator) assistant or two I'd like to see change, but other than that....keeping Bo means keeping the team he works best with. I think large staff changes are unlikely. And for all you Beck haters, he's one of the best things we have going for us :D

Paps would be more under fire if we haven't been turning this D around lately. So I think if we give Bo another year, it's fair to not really demand a staff change while doing it.

I think if you keep Bo, you let him make all the staff decisions. There's maybe a (non coordinator) assistant or two I'd like to see change, but other than that....keeping Bo means keeping the team he works best with. I think large staff changes are unlikely. And for all you Beck haters, he's one of the best things we have going for us :D

Paps would be more under fire if we haven't been turning this D around lately. So I think if we give Bo another year, it's fair to not really demand a staff change while doing it.

D has been turning around a lot lately. However, have we been really turning the D around? Or are we just not playing teams with similar speed of UCLA, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Georgia? :dunno

D has been turning around a lot lately. However, have we been really turning the D around? Or are we just not playing teams with similar speed of UCLA, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Georgia? :dunno

It's probably a combination. But no other team with a good defense is doing that week in and week out either.

That's hard to say, but we started out this season getting worked by the likes of Wyoming and Minnesota. We haven't had the opportunity to be tested by any of those teams in the latter half of the year. Hopefully we get a good bowl opponent. I'm really bummed we can't face Ohio State in the CCG. That would be a great, great measuring stick.