So this is what the media wants us to be like.

da skers

Hard to imagine anyone in a position to accurately comment on the overall feelings of all the big time boosters in the program. They're not a small or public group, are they?

And they don't know who the next guy would be. I think Shatel summarized it well by saying, "the situation is fluid."

I like this Eichorst guy. I'm confident that, should he decide to make a change, he isn't going to tolerate a low character guy who'll bring scandals back on the university.

That FSU peice is enough to make you vomit.

The FSU piece is a fair and insightful article written by the "other side", that exposes a lot of what goes on but does so without an agenda, actually leading me to sympathize a good deal with the players in some respects.

The Alabama piece though.... holy smokes.

I find it hard to sympathize with a player who essentially threatened a teachers life with a war story of beating up a homosexual.

Then you sure as sh#t better not complain or whine about a single thing in your life.

Wait a minute. Are you insinuating that one has to be perfect before they can be disturbed by someone else's poor behavior?

I Eichorst is a very hands off guy. I personally feel in this situation he should say something. This gives a lot of teams extra fire power in recruiting.

What if what Eichorst had to say confirmed the rumor? I'm not sure that would help recruiting at this point in time. The current situation may give other teams some fire power, but confirming it is true would increase it significantly. Possibly he will remain silent for a reason? I know you don't think that is what will happen- just playing devils advocate.

If Eichorst acts, it will almost certainly be because a majority of the big money has endorsed the move. I doubt a new AD would risk upsetting big time money to fire a coach that half the fan base still supports.

That is the thing though, you said it yourself. HALF the fan base wants a change half of it doesn't. You can Bo and bring someone else in and you still have everyone into the program. The biggest issue surrounding this program is apathy. Loses do not hurt like they used to. People are not as emotionally invested into the program as they were because we are stagnant and irrelevant on the national scene.

• Fire 1

If Eichorst acts, it will almost certainly be because a majority of the big money has endorsed the move. I doubt a new AD would risk upsetting big time money to fire a coach that half the fan base still supports.

That is the thing though, you said it yourself. HALF the fan base wants a change half of it doesn't. You can Bo and bring someone else in and you still have everyone into the program. The biggest issue surrounding this program is apathy. Loses do not hurt like they used to. People are not as emotionally invested into the program as they were because we are stagnant and irrelevant on the national scene.

Yeah, but half of that half supports Bo just because he's the Nebraska coach. Thus, they will also honor the new coach. So you'll have 75% of the fanbase behind the new coach when he's brought in. That leaves 25% to occupy the lunatic fringe.

Remember, there were NU fans who supported Callahan in 2007.

Yeah, but half of that half supports Bo just because he's the Nebraska coach. Thus, they will also honor the new coach. So you'll have 75% of the fanbase behind the new coach when he's brought in. That leaves 25% to occupy the lunatic fringe.

Remember, there were NU fans who supported Callahan in 2007.

I think we are actually in complete agreement. The fans that support Bo are going to support NU long after Bo is gone in 9 days.

• Fire 1

I supported Callahan in 2007. I thought we had a good recruiting base for the program and sometimes you just have a down year. Of course looking back, sometimes you have a head coach that loses his team and at that point it's a very sensible time for a change of direction.

Exhibit A

But it makes me love you that much more, Zoogies, because I know your Callahan support is, at the end of the day, due to the fact that you will support whoever is our coach. I can't do it myself, but a part of me admires you for it.

I supported Callahan in 2007. I thought we had a good recruiting base for the program and sometimes you just have a down year. Of course looking back, sometimes you have a head coach that loses his team and at that point it's a very sensible time for a change of direction.

If you look at the class Cally had that season and where they are at now(NFL) it really put you in a tough spot. If he would have been much more open to getting rid of his buddies (sound familiar) than he might even still be here now.

• Fire 1

Yeah that 07 team flat out quit. And ultimately, that was the downfall of that team. As it proved out, that team had talent on it.

What I find funny is that when Cosgrove, McKeon and company talked about "making it fun" after the USC goring, this place and the press went completely off the rails on them. Hardly the same reaction when Bo said the exact same thing after the UCLA freight training.