\\ Penn State Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

Drop the ref's stuff. If a team really wants to win the ref's calls won't matter, like today.

Nebraska won despite crap calls, that's good. Refs are humans, they make mistakes, trust me, we've gotten our share of the benefit as well.

Did you see the CCG against A&M? By the way, I thought we got more than our share of calls during the 6 game win streak last year, but none were as bad as the two calls today. Never mind all the holds, we never seem to get those anyway.

We still won.

We don't turn it over, we win by even more. Let's just drop it. Nothing can be done about it, other than we get better and better...

Something should be done about it. NU should send video with a formal complaint. Some refs are better than others. Refs that consistently make bad calls should be replaced. Of course we can't do anything about, but complaining on this board relieves the stress. Thank goodness we won. It is nice to have a clutch kicker.

as Davison said, there really is no accountability. They saw it is being reviewed, but they never make a statement about it and the guys keep reffing so what is the point?

Drop the ref's stuff. If a team really wants to win the ref's calls won't matter, like today.

Nebraska won despite crap calls, that's good. Refs are humans, they make mistakes, trust me, we've gotten our share of the benefit as well.

Did you see the CCG against A&M? By the way, I thought we got more than our share of calls during the 6 game win streak last year, but none were as bad as the two calls today. Never mind all the holds, we never seem to get those anyway.

We still won.

We don't turn it over, we win by even more. Let's just drop it. Nothing can be done about it, other than we get better and better...

Something should be done about it. NU should send video with a formal complaint. Some refs are better than others. Refs that consistently make bad calls should be replaced. Of course we can't do anything about, but complaining on this board relieves the stress. Thank goodness we won. It is nice to have a clutch kicker.

as Davison said, there really is no accountability. They saw it is being reviewed, but they never make a statement about it and the guys keep reffing so what is the point?

The point is that he isn't doing his job.

Nobody gets a pass just because he isn't being held accountable. Perform your job.

I went back and watched it 5 times before I caught waht happened, the Penn State guy makes a sudden move forward and then our guy gives a small and I mean very small move, I have to think that this is not called all of the time but I felt the same way about the call that took back the TD. I think it is totally wrong to make nit-pick calls that take points of the board when you would over look them 9 out of 10 times.

hard to say if any conferences are fair. Or maybe you only notice when it goes against you. The ACC is no improvement at all.

Even with the bad calls today, the BIG is an improvement over the Big 12 in terms of officiating.

Yeah, we don't end up with 16 penalties for 145 yards while the other team gets 2 for 10 yards.

Just one or two bad calls today.

Is it true that there is no accountability? I thought coaches could request reviews of questionable calls, and that refs were graded on this and ultimately relieved of duties if necessary.

I guess there is a review process, but the outcome is not made public(according to MD) so I would think you would assume that no corrective action is being taken. It sure seems that if you're on the conference payroll, individual refereeing statistics should be made public. And maybe there are but I haven't heard of it. It sure would be nice to know the tenancies of the officials.

I went back and watched it 5 times before I caught waht happened, the Penn State guy makes a sudden move forward and then our guy gives a small and I mean very small move, I have to think that this is not called all of the time but I felt the same way about the call that took back the TD. I think it is totally wrong to make nit-pick calls that take points of the board when you would over look them 9 out of 10 times.

Did you notice when the flag came out? It seemed to come out after the FG was good. I wonder if the call is made if the kick is missed.