Bo - postgame....slip or reading too much?

HANC

Again, I'm at the point that it doesnt make me any difference. I dont get paid the big bucks to make the decisions. I'm not gonna stress myself anymore with what should and shouldnt be done. But whoever is making the decisions, damn well better make the right ones. That's all I ahve to say about that.

With that out of the way. Here's what I was thinking as I woke up today. This game alone was the deciding factor in Bo's future. And I dont think it was dependent simply on wins and losses. We as a fanbase in all honesty with this emotional roller coaster year after year, keep waiting for Bo to "lose" the team. Well, it again did not happen today. As far as Bo sounding defeated like he knows, well i strongly disaggree. I think he knows it's a possibility, but that fiery, snappy coach on the sidelines today was not a coach who knows he's on the way out. Give me a break. He's gonna get a chance to work with this young group. You can bet your ass he's physically and emotionally exhausted from this season.

This team makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes, but they are fun to watch. The board is full of complaints about special teams, then NU blocks a punt (sort of :) ) and returns a kick for a TD. If Bo can get the TO margin to even, and make some improvement on special teams, NU can compete for the BIG most years, and be ranked in the top 20 most years.

I'm with you....this obviously isn't Nebraska football as we knew it "back in the day"...but I do still really enjoy watching these kids play...and like my golf game...there is always enough good shots that I keep thinking I'll be really good one day. Keep Bo...Keep Paps.....Keep Beck and keep our players and recruits. Let's just build this thing.....and let's don't forget. It is a game....one that we watch and don't play.

• Fire 1

Again, I'm at the point that it doesnt make me any difference. I dont get paid the big bucks to make the decisions. I'm not gonna stress myself anymore with what should and shouldnt be done. But whoever is making the decisions, damn well better make the right ones. That's all I ahve to say about that.

With that out of the way. Here's what I was thinking as I woke up today. This game alone was the deciding factor in Bo's future. And I dont think it was dependent simply on wins and losses. We as a fanbase in all honesty with this emotional roller coaster year after year, keep waiting for Bo to "lose" the team. Well, it again did not happen today. As far as Bo sounding defeated like he knows, well i strongly disaggree. I think he knows it's a possibility, but that fiery, snappy coach on the sidelines today was not a coach who knows he's on the way out. Give me a break. He's gonna get a chance to work with this young group. You can bet your ass he's physically and emotionally exhausted from this season.

He did a good job of controlling his emotions given the situation. Would Matt D. have punched the ref?

I almost fell off the Bo wagon after Minny. I think I'd like to see him get another year but can understand that some are impatient.

But if we beat Iowa to go 9-3, I will be very disappointed if he's gone. Especially considering the youth we have on defense and the injuries we've had on offense.

I almost fell off the Bo wagon after Minny. I think I'd like to see him get another year but can understand that some are impatient.

But if we beat Iowa to go 9-3, I will be very disappointed if he's gone. Especially considering the youth we have on defense and the injuries we've had on offense.

I was really down on Bo until he started attacking more with the D half way through the NW game. I couldn't take watching mediocre teams running all over the Huskers.

Yes, 9-3 is pretty much the norm lately for the regular season. The problem I have with it is our competition has been really bad. If we played a tough schedule this year, then we would have a losing season. I just want to see measurable progress from year to year. Defense has gotten better lately, but the offense has regressed. It seems to be one thing or the other year after year. In 6 years we have never clicked on all cylinders. Injuries affect all teams this time of year so I don't buy that excuse....... Iowa will be interesting. A win is not a lock either.