Bo - postgame....slip or reading too much?

HANC

I think Bo will be back. Besides, Carl needs someone to hire him again.

Am I the only one that would be okay with this?

Aside from the lonely on-campus co-eds, that is...

I very much doubt Carl will ever coach again at NU. His infidelity issues combined with the recent illegal drug use pretty much sealed the deal. Maybe Colorado has an opening!

Marvin Sanders on the other hand would be quite welcome by most Huskers. Unfortunately I doubt he will be back either.

"the offense has regressed. It seems to be one thing or the other year after year. In 6 years we have never clicked on all cylinders. Injuries affect all teams this time of year so I don't buy that excuse....... Iowa will be interesting. A win is not a lock either."

Offense has regressed...losing a 4th year starter at QB, an All-American guard, the other starting guard, the primary backup guard, injuries to your two starting tackles, your starting slot receiver, and missing your only experienced TE for half the season, plus being forced to play a freshman at QB, who also gets hurt so you actually have to play your 3rd string QB...I suppose some regression is expected. And that's beyond an expected or normal amount of injuries.

"the offense has regressed. It seems to be one thing or the other year after year. In 6 years we have never clicked on all cylinders. Injuries affect all teams this time of year so I don't buy that excuse....... Iowa will be interesting. A win is not a lock either."

Offense has regressed...losing a 4th year starter at QB, an All-American guard, the other starting guard, the primary backup guard, injuries to your two starting tackles, your starting slot receiver, and missing your only experienced TE for half the season, plus being forced to play a freshman at QB, who also gets hurt so you actually have to play your 3rd string QB...I suppose some regression is expected. And that's beyond an expected or normal amount of injuries.

I know injuries are a part of the game, but with us this year, we're talking about multiple receievers, multiple O lineman, and the biggest of all, the quarterback. Find me a team who's offense DOESNT go down the shitter when the starting quarterback is not playing.

I know injuries are a part of the game, but with us this year, we're talking about multiple receievers, multiple O lineman, and the biggest of all, the quarterback. Find me a team who's offense DOESNT go down the shitter when the starting quarterback is not playing.

missouri?

Got one. haha.

But seriously. How many. And can you safely say Missouri's offense didnt drop off whatsoever.

Convenient how many like to write their own narrative and discount out of hand any suggestions to the contrary.

Could be the look of a guy that's happy with the win but is still on the way out, maybe he did tender his resignation or is getting canned. Could well just be the look of a guy that is relieved but still stressed-out. During the game he sure didn't look like he'd lost a bit of fire.

He seemed to be himself yelling at Pap.

I'd say he's gotta be a bit exhausted, this season's been rough. The use of "them" in his comments was relevant, but not a surprise. If you haven't been paying attention, Bo's focus of concern has and always will be "them", not him. Maybe you've been too focused on predicting the next coaching change or become calloused to the concept because of the way Callahan handled players with the same emotion an auto mechanic shows when changing a set of plugs. Bo won't/can't do that, that's who he is. Even the criticisms of him matter only to the extent that they affect his players.

Speculate all you want over coaching changes, but I'd say he's earned the right to name his own staff. The only obviously needed change (aside from ST work) needs to come from the fan-base's expectations. Not the fact that they want to win championships and to be regarded as successful, but in the way we deal with it when we don't get what we want immediately. Everything from the color of shirt he wears on a talk show to the "mean faces" he makes when disciplining his players or arguing with refs, has been an used as an excuse to fire him and put salve on the case of Big Red-ass fans suffer from. Like spoiled children.

I don't know about anyone else, but the best part of the '94 championship was getting by all the troubles on the road to get there. Years of troubles. That gave it all the worth. It will again for me.