Iowa Joke Thread

Decked

Playing Iowa is like playing that one apathetic guy in fantasy football... you know, the one who has given up and no longer checks his line up for byes and injuries. It's hard to care if you win because you know that he doesn't care if he loses.

For the same reason, a loss stings particularly badly because you know they were just going through the motions and are satisfied with any win and any season outcome.

We are upset that we are 8-3 going into the game. They are happy to have beaten Michigan to get to 7-4.

When we played OU, the stakes were always high. Both cared A LOT.

If you won, you went to the Orange Bowl and possibly to the National Title Game. If you lost, you lemented what might have been and it took a while for you to shake off the notion that the season was ruined by that defeat.

Coming off a 4-8 season, why wouldn't we be happy to get to 7-4 and continuing to get closer to back on track? We're okay with any season outcome? Umm...Yes, that's why so many Iowa fans are fed up with Ferentz, want him out, etc; because they're content with whatever each season brings us... People want 8 or more wins every year. It's not easy to do with some of the inherent disadvantages, and quite honestly we were spoiled during the 2000s because of how good we became. When things started to slip a bit, and 7 win seasons started happing, people in Hawkeye Nation are getting antsy because they demand more. To think that Iowa fans are content with average, 7 win seasons, on a consistent basis is absurd. This year, though, coming off 4-8 with what was seemingly a much tougher schedule, I think in August, many would've been content with 7 wins. Now? People want 8, and they want it bad. A likely trip to the Outback Bowl after a 4-8 season would make this one a pretty darn good one for Iowa fans. Iowa fans want this one Friday because it is a perfect opportunity to start turning this into a rivalry that could be pretty good someday.

I came across a stat today..Since 1998 Nebraska has 64 losses. From 1962-1997 they had only 69. Nebraska Football will never be what it was; be mad at 8-3, especially with a weak schedule, but additionally, understand that you're not a program that will win 10+ every year anymore. The national recruiting that made Nebraska so good is not near what it was, and their defense just isn't close to that true 90's blackshirt d.

I understand this is a Husker forum, and it may not be my place to make this post, but I thought I'd give my take from an Iowa perspective.

Playing Iowa is like playing that one apathetic guy in fantasy football... you know, the one who has given up and no longer checks his line up for byes and injuries. It's hard to care if you win because you know that he doesn't care if he loses.

For the same reason, a loss stings particularly badly because you know they were just going through the motions and are satisfied with any win and any season outcome.

We are upset that we are 8-3 going into the game. They are happy to have beaten Michigan to get to 7-4.

If you won, you went to the Orange Bowl and possibly to the National Title Game. If you lost, you lemented what might have been and it took a while for you to shake off the notion that the season was ruined by that defeat.

Coming off a 4-8 season, why wouldn't we be happy to get to 7-4 and continuing to get closer to back on track? We're okay with any season outcome? Umm...Yes, that's why so many Iowa fans are fed up with Ferentz, want him out, etc; because they're content with whatever each season brings us... People want 8 or more wins every year. It's not easy to do with some of the inherent advantages, and quite honestly we were spoiled during the 2000s because of how good we became. When things started to slip a bit, and 7 win seasons started happing, people in Hawkeye Nation are getting antsy because they demand more. To think that Iowa fans are content with average, 7 win seasons, on a consistent basis is absurd. This year, though, coming off 4-8 with what was seemingly a much tougher schedule, I think in August, many would've been content with 7 wins. Now? People want 8, and they want it bad. A likely trip to the Outback Bowl after a 4-8 season would make this one a pretty darn good one for Iowa fans. Iowa fans want this one Friday because it is a perfect opportunity to start turning this into a rivalry that could be pretty good someday.

I came across a stat today..Since 1998 Nebraska has 64 losses. From 1962-1997 they had only 69. Nebraska Football will never be what it was; be mad at 8-3, especially with a weak schedule, but additionally, understand that you're not a program that will win 10+ every year anymore. The national recruiting that made Nebraska so good is not near what it was, and their defense just isn't close to that true 90's blackshirt d.

I understand this is a Husker forum, and it may not be my place to make this post, but I thought I'd give my take from an Iowa perspective.

I don't know what is going to be in my professional future, but I do know this. I am not going to take career advice from a person that isn't out of college yet, because they have never been in my shoes so they don't know what they are talking about.

In other words, we don't give a sh#t about your Iowa perspective on the chances of us becoming a national power again because you are ignorant on the matter. Considering, of course, you've never been in that position as a program.

Coming off a 4-8 season, why wouldn't we be happy to get to 7-4 and continuing to get closer to back on track? We're okay with any season outcome? Umm...Yes, that's why so many Iowa fans are fed up with Ferentz, want him out, etc; because they're content with whatever each season brings us... People want 8 or more wins every year. It's not easy to do with some of the inherent advantages, and quite honestly we were spoiled during the 2000s because of how good we became. When things started to slip a bit, and 7 win seasons started happing, people in Hawkeye Nation are getting antsy because they demand more. To think that Iowa fans are content with average, 7 win seasons, on a consistent basis is absurd. This year, though, coming off 4-8 with what was seemingly a much tougher schedule, I think in August, many would've been content with 7 wins. Now? People want 8, and they want it bad. A likely trip to the Outback Bowl after a 4-8 season would make this one a pretty darn good one for Iowa fans. Iowa fans want this one Friday because it is a perfect opportunity to start turning this into a rivalry that could be pretty good someday.

Nice post,Hawkeye. I think you hit the nail on the head.Hoping for a Husker win on Friday,but I think Iowa has enough motivation to pull off a win.Should be a great match.

i just love iowa fans telling us what are expectations should be. especially because it is basically, "hey, we can't compete at a high level, so you should not expect to, either."

I don't know what is going to be in my professional future, but I do know this. I am not going to take career advice from a person that isn't out of college yet, because they have never been in my shoes so they don't know what they are talking about.

In other words, we don't give a sh#t about your Iowa perspective on the chances of us becoming a national power again because you are ignorant on the matter. Considering, of course, you've never been in that position as a program.

Once again proving that Nebraska fans are the classiest fans in the country.

• Fire 2

and most self-righteous.

I am not classy because he stated, and I quote, "understand that you are not a program that wins 10+ every year anymore" and "Nebraska Football will never be what it was" and I disagreed?

Ok.

Psst. We've won 9, 10, 10, 9, 10, and either 9 or 10 this year so I think he is ignorant. You know, not knowing what the hell he is talking about?

EDIT: I am an idiot, sd'sker

Coming off a 4-8 season, why wouldn't we be happy to get to 7-4 and continuing to get closer to back on track? We're okay with any season outcome? Umm...Yes, that's why so many Iowa fans are fed up with Ferentz, want him out, etc; because they're content with whatever each season brings us... People want 8 or more wins every year. It's not easy to do with some of the inherent disadvantages, and quite honestly we were spoiled during the 2000s because of how good we became. When things started to slip a bit, and 7 win seasons started happing, people in Hawkeye Nation are getting antsy because they demand more. To think that Iowa fans are content with average, 7 win seasons, on a consistent basis is absurd. This year, though, coming off 4-8 with what was seemingly a much tougher schedule, I think in August, many would've been content with 7 wins. Now? People want 8, and they want it bad. A likely trip to the Outback Bowl after a 4-8 season would make this one a pretty darn good one for Iowa fans. Iowa fans want this one Friday because it is a perfect opportunity to start turning this into a rivalry that could be pretty good someday.

quit reading after the bolded...

• Fire 7

i just love iowa fans telling us what are expectations should be. especially because it is basically, "hey, we can't compete at a high level, so you should not expect to, either."

Or that "Iowa fan" suddenly has a grasp on Nebraska's recruiting and makes a broad generalization that lumps Nebraska's recruiting with Iowa's progressive ideas such as just giving up on recruiting in Florida. Excuse me for dismissing so called "perspective" from anything that has to do with Iowa.

• Fire 3