Iowa Joke Thread

Decked

I am certainly not a huge fan of Ferentz, but he certainly represents our University a lot better than Pelini represents UNL. I'm just hoping that Kirk doesn't come up with a pure vanilla gameplan like he has the last couple years against you guys.

maybe you think so. i am perfectly fine with how bo represents our program. but, i guess if you cannot beat us, just as well go for the character assassination. real class.

He's echoing the opinion of most other fans in the Big 10 whether you like it or not. Most of them think we'll be firing Pelini at the end of the year although I seriously doubt that will happen after yesterday's game.

I am certainly not a huge fan of Ferentz, but he certainly represents our University a lot better than Pelini represents UNL. I'm just hoping that Kirk doesn't come up with a pure vanilla gameplan like he has the last couple years against you guys.

maybe you think so. i am perfectly fine with how bo represents our program. but, i guess if you cannot beat us, just as well go for the character assassination. real class.

So as long as Pelini keeps beating Iowa you're okay with him saying "F the fans."? Interesting.

I'd say f#*k them too if they keep leaving with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, or not yelling, or calling for my head every season.

So as long as Pelini keeps beating Iowa you're okay with him saying "F the fans."? Interesting.

If we win the conference next year, he could send me a personalized letter telling me why I am a joke and why I am worthless, and I would be all for keeping him.

it has nothing to do with him beating iowa. but i refuse to be so petty as to hold a personal conversation (with quite justifiable sentiments) against a man. hell, most the fans have said "eff the fans". and any honest coach would agree that they have felt the same as bo at one point or another.

but i do not have to defend our coach to you and i the 'tape-gate' has been beaten to death.

Considering that one minute rant had more intensity than Kirk has had his entire career, sure.

• Fire 1

I am ok with him saying f#*k the fans even if we don't beat Iowa.

f#*k THE FANS!!!!

Considering that one minute rant had more intensity than Kirk has had his entire career, sure.

I do wish Kirk showed more passion on the sideline, but he does show it at times when the camera is not on him. Mitch King (defensive tackle from 2005-08) has told stories of Kirk's emotion in the locker room and on the practice field. One story in particular is when Iowa was losing to Minnesota at halftime in 2006 Kirk came into the locked room and kicked the Floyd of Rosedale trophy. Not sure it was the smartest decision as I'm sure it was painful, but the talk that Kirk shows zero emotion is false. He just doesn't act like a clown on the sideline.