Talent loss if Bo is gone

[quote n

Hearing very disturbing things from Lincoln. I don't know fellas.

ame=olddominionhusker' timestamp='1385347566' post='1278798]

Serious question. If Bo were to either resign or be fired, how many players would we likely lose from the current team, not recruits. Full disclosure I'm on the keep Bo team at least for another year, but the silence of Eichorst on the issue concerns me and policy aside I think his silence is hurting the program.

I'm pretty excited about what this Defense in particular could be in a year or two and wonder how many of these guys we would lose if Bo is gone.

If Bo is fired or resigns....does that mean we start all over?? I mean folks wanted Osborne out and look what happened. I don't know what to think. But I am hearing many rumors from folks close to program. Alabama went through it. USC too. Ohio state with cooper?? Maybe we stay the course.

Look, I agree that some of the rumors and conjecture are ridiculous. I get it. But, if the decision has been made and there is even the tiniest chance recruiting is being affected why not quash it? That's all I'm saying.

Because when rumors are stupid, annoying and ridiculous, you let them flame out. You dont even acknowledge them. This same situation has been hammered the past three offseasons. Though it's got a bit more steam this year, but regardless, it has. When you address rumors, you give a lot of power to the rumor and the people spreading it.

Is any of this making sense? Cuz it sure the heck aint to me.

It is AD Eichorst's policy not to comment on coach's during the season apparently...

• Fire 1

If Bo is fired or resigns....does that mean we start all over?? I mean folks wanted Osborne out and look what happened. I don't know what to think. But I am hearing many rumors from folks close to program. Alabama went through it. USC too. Ohio state with cooper?? Maybe we stay the course.

You are aware that all the teams you mention there fired coaches to get back to being championship caliber right?

• Fire 1

We all remember the rumors when Bo was looked at as a serious candidate around the nation- Bo said nothing to deny the rumors. Why should SE have to address every rumor that comes along? I Bo is gone- we would not lose more than a couple. recruiting wise, it may help our situation.

We have not been part of the national discussion for a long time. It has been said before- we are slowly drifting towards being like Iowa more than I could have ever imagined. If that situation over in the next state is where we wish to be, let's continue to do things the same way we have been doing them.

• Fire 2

We all remember the rumors when Bo was looked at as a serious candidate around the nation- Bo said nothing to deny the rumors. Why should SE have to address every rumor that comes along? I Bo is gone- we would not lose more than a couple. recruiting wise, it may help our situation.

We have not been part of the national discussion for a long time. It has been said before- we are slowly drifting towards being like Iowa more than I could have ever imagined. If that situation over in the next state is where we wish to be, let's continue to do things the same way we have been doing them.

Iowa was 4-8 last year. NU is not like Iowa. There is clearly a higher standard at NU.

Kids these days, we will have 2 transfers this year if Bo stays. Last year we had Green, Rome, that OT from Florida, and that OG from Illinois, and Todd Peat. They may not have all been last year, but you get my point. Yes we could lose 5-10 along with about 5 recruits. It is what happens when you start over and it could be worth it, nobody knows.

The only reason Eichorst wouldn't say something is if he was evaluating the coaching position and Bo's job was insecure. Doesn't make sense to come out and support Pelini if that's the case, and he's not about to come out and say he's evaluating Pelini's job and possibly looking at interest from other coaches.

Or perhaps Pelini and Eichorst do talk. Like Pelini has indicated.

As I've said before, but not in this thread, it doesn't make sense for Eichorst to stay quiet and mum about his support for Pelini (if it exists) because of the impact it can have on recruiting and fan support. It is illogical and downright idiotic. The national perception of Nebraska's program right now is that Bo Pelini's job is insecure and Shawn Eichorst is looking at other options/evaluating Pelini's job.

If that wasn't the case, Eichorst would say something.

His silence is deliberate.

I just don't see first year AD Shawn Eichorst making such a move. I mean, you have to think about his reputation. He comes in right off the bat as Nebraska's brand new AD and kicks a head football coach out the door. Are you kidding me? There is such a concept as "forgiveness." I could see Eichorst doing that in year #2 if the situation merits it, but not now. He's brand new, and this is not the way for Eichorst to begin his term as Nebraska's AD IMHO. I mean I've heard reports that former AD Dr. Tom Osborne knew about coach Pelini's rant audio a year before it came out public. I say this incident is swept under the rug, let's move on, and get to 10-3 with a bowl victory. Pelini has brought Nebraska back to its 9-win minimum-a-season status which the Huskers enjoyed all through the '70s, '80s, '90s, and on up to 2003 (not counting 7-7 in '02). All Pelini needs now is a signature 11-or-12-wins season - which may just be around the corner. I loved the way Dr. Osborne was /and is such a strong Christian man, and I think Pelini has been and is making improvements to be a better person to help out his cause. He's a good family man obviously. I say if it isn't broken, then don't fix it.

Look, I agree that some of the rumors and conjecture are ridiculous. I get it. But, if the decision has been made and there is even the tiniest chance recruiting is being affected why not quash it? That's all I'm saying.

Because when rumors are stupid, annoying and ridiculous, you let them flame out. You dont even acknowledge them. This same situation has been hammered the past three offseasons. Though it's got a bit more steam this year, but regardless, it has. When you address rumors, you give a lot of power to the rumor and the people spreading it.

Is any of this making sense? Cuz it sure the heck aint to me.

Then why did Pelini address the rumor?