RB Noel Devine

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremy Crabtree said on 1620 today that Florida State is pushing hard for him and is theirs to lose.

FSU is in decline! Huskers need to be all over this one! chuckleshuffle

We've already got 2 RB's and maybe Bo Williams. There's no way this kid is getting into college. Look for him coming out of JUCO

I agree. I wouldn't be too put out if we don't get Devine. Williams or Clay (a bit of a longshot) are the guys I want.

PS - I don't really understand the allure that FLA kids have for the 'Noles. Obviously, it is a program on the decline (they should fall out of the Top 25 this week after last night's loss - when was the last time Miami and FSU were unranked?); I guess FLA kids just don't like to leave home...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bring this up in this thread, becase Mr. Devine seems to be the perfect candidate for what I'm going to talk about.

I've heard a lot of people state that they don't want him because all of his "troubles". I think that this is one area that we have above the FL schools, and USC. A lot less distractions where some of this kids who have had problems in the past can really turn their life around, if they so choose.

Does that mean that I want to take every talented trouble maker out there? No, we are not Miami. But, if the coaches talk with this kid, and the reason they are coming to UNL is to focus on academics and football, they I am more than willing to take a chance on them.

If we take this approach, it also will mean that the coaching staff will have to run a tight ship. Something that I think BC is more than capable of. He has kicked quite a few off the team for "violation of team policies".

Anybod else think that this is a recruiting advantage we have or am I just a moron? (it could be both mind you).