RB Noel Devine

Yeah that was Tom Luginbill of Scout and ESPN.com

He said that Devine is the real deal and is only issue is his size and what his durability would be over a season. But he said he might be durable like Warrick Dunn so who knows.

The big issue is his academics. He has done well in his core classes this year and even retook some classes and got much better grades. The issue is the NCAA clearnghouse and whether they will recognize the credits from the classes he retook.

Devine certainly does have some baggage but Luginbill said he is a good kid with the "yes sir, no sir" demeanor. I thought he said that both of Devine's parents are dead (died of AIDS?) and that he grew up in the foster care system. He also had the trauma of witnessing his best friend get shot and die right in front of him. Yet Luginbill said Devine has his life on the right path.

He thought Devine might end up at Nebraska, Florida State or West Virginia.

He thought Devine might end up at Nebraska, Florida State or West Virginia.

I continue to like what I hear about this guy. We can beat FSU and WVU in recruiting for him. Cally does run a tight ship and this guy could be worth it. We need to land him or Bo Williams...don't see us getting both but we should get one or the other. The way our offense is playing we need to start getting some RB's to be ready when our current crop moves on so there is no drop off.

How about Devine and Okafor in the coming years?! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Bobby Bowden is supposed to be placing an in home visit this week. Jeremy Crabtree was saying that with Florida State's current situation he can basically tell Devine he'll be starting next year.

NU's only chance is John Blake.

I thought that Mendoza taking the final rb spot meant that we were done with Devine.

Bobby Bowden is supposed to be placing an in home visit this week. Jeremy Crabtree was saying that with Florida State's current situation he can basically tell Devine he'll be starting next year.

NU's only chance is John Blake.

I thought that Mendoza taking the final rb spot meant that we were done with Devine.

Yeah. I thought we were done at RB...

Castille will most likely be a fullback though, and there are talks of Mendoza playing another position, so it's not as many true running backs as it would seem, and you can't turn away a player like this

From what I have read and heard, they are looking at Castille as a feature back. Mendoza is an all-purpose back and I am not sure how Helu fits in. Maybe they would look to move him to LB if Devine was going to come aboard. They explained these three as Castille=Glenn, Mendoza=Lucky, Helu=B-Jax. Jordan said "there is only one rb spot left" so Mendoza commited. Was that his sales pitch? Who knows.