RB Noel Devine

I think that mendoza will play RB before Helu does. I thought i had heard helu likes to hit and might be a Safety prospect? Of course there is always talk...so who knows.

You cannot deny talent that wants to play for you. Each class has a lot of good players.... but very few playmakers/gamebreakers like this kid looks like. I think the coaches have more schollies than some are predicting, cuz there could be some quitters/transfers/early draft entrants...etc.

I am not sure what all the love for Devine is for. I've seen his videos and yes he is shifty and hard to bring down but AP was a freshman heisman winner (they didn't want to give it to a freshman so the usc homos took it) and a bad a$$. It is easy for someone to say who the next Barry Sanders is on these boards, hell I've seen McFadden, Goodsen and Spiller and that is just from last years class, but will he actually be that good?

Probably will look like it because he is going to end up in a junior college. But I doubt he is a finalist at the heisman his freshman year if he does go D1A.

devine is going to start as a freshman, where ever he goes......he may put AP to shame as well.....

No way does he put AP to shame. Peterson was maybe one of the greatest freshman running backs of all time. If not for injuries, he may have been the best collegiate running back of all time. For Devine to actually put AP to shame, he would have to run for over 2000 yards as a freshman. Be the focal point of an offense, win the heisman, and lead a team to a national championship. I just don't see Devine doing that. He very well could be a great back in is own right, but will never put AP to shame.

Hoping for Devine and getting him are 2 very distinct things at this point - the way Cally & Co. are stockpiling RB's with the vast majority of them sitting on the sidelines and not getting any playing time will start scaring RB recruits away. Lucky was THE MAN coming out of high school along with J.Stewart who went to Oregon. Stewart starts for Oregon and averaged 15 carries a game. Lucky averaged 9. High school kids see that, along with the numerous other recruits already on board. Castille is starting to shy away as will Bo and Noel.