RB Noel Devine

gamecocks, who are you to make assumptions about where a kid will be in a few years?

So Noel got in a fight. How many of us HAVEN'T gotten in a fight in HS?

So he came back from Texas and living with Deion, is that a big deal? Do you even know why? The simple fact he was homesick and didn't like being away from his children. If anything, that shows responsibility.

The kid is growing up in a neighborhood known for violence, no different than what someone like our own Rickey Thenarse had to go through while in school.

Honestly, people look at Noel and think they have everything figured out about his personality and lifestyle, and it makes me sick to know they have no clue.

If coaches feel he were half as bad as some let on, Coach Cally would be calling Dog the Bounty Hunter to collect the bounty for his arrest instead of recruiting him.

gamecocks, who are you to make assumptions about where a kid will be in a few years?

So he came back from Texas and living with Deion, is that a big deal? Do you even know why? The simple fact he was homesick and didn't like being away from his children. If anything, that shows responsibility.

The kid is growing up in a neighborhood known for violence, no different than what someone like our own Rickey Thenarse had to go through while in school.

Honestly, people look at Noel and think they have everything figured out about his personality and lifestyle, and it makes me sick to know they have no clue.

If coaches feel he were half as bad as some let on, Coach Cally would be calling Dog the Bounty Hunter to collect the bounty for his arrest instead of recruiting him.

I don't know everything about this kid and I don't have the right to make assumptions. However, what I have heard was that he took one of Deion's cars without asking. That is not responsibility. I realize that kids grow up in tough neighborhoods and that they need help to get their life back on track. However, we are in position to get one of two great backs IMO. Now which do we get, Back A that has a great track record, or back B that comes with some baggage. The risk/reward ratio would come back to taking Back A and letting back B go elsewhere.

Also, it makes me sick that people have a win at all cost attitude. Bring in the best talent availible no matter what kind of baggage they bring. How much crap have people talked about Miami for bringing kids like Willie Williams aboard because he was a great athlete but had a huge criminal record. If you want us to turn into a program like Miami then so be it. However, when we have a situation like this where we can pretty much choice between two great running backs, one with a clean record, and one with a little baggage and questionable grades, I would pick the one with a clean record.

ya, i agree

its not like this dude is a criminal

and gamecocks, you're very judgemental

I am not sure what all the love for Devine is for. I've seen his videos and yes he is shifty and hard to bring down but AP was a freshman heisman winner (they didn't want to give it to a freshman so the usc homos took it) and a bad a$$. It is easy for someone to say who the next Barry Sanders is on these boards, hell I've seen McFadden, Goodsen and Spiller and that is just from last years class, but will he actually be that good?

Probably will look like it because he is going to end up in a junior college. But I doubt he is a finalist at the heisman his freshman year if he does go D1A.

OK so I guess he will look like a great running back next year however, he won't be a freshman. He is going to prep school (saves eligibility) somewhere in NY. I called juco and it was prep, my bad.