RB Noel Devine

Player: Noel Devine

Hometown: North Ft. Myers, Fl

Position: RB

Height: 5’8”

Weight:175

40 time: 4.49

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Over 12 including: Nebraska, Miami, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida St. Favorites: Miami, Nebraska,

Favorite: Committed to West Virginia

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #2/ :star:star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#1/ :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: 2005: Had over 1,500 yards as a sophomore and junior. When you see him on film it’s as if it’s PS2, USC v Buffalo, Reggie Bush x5. He’ll have every major program after him by the beginning of next year.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% The Huskers have John Blake recruiting him. Miami will have a strong shot at landing Devine.

I did see his recruiting video coming off his sophomore season last year and he pulled off some freakishly impressive runs. Several were over 50 yard td scampers. Very similar to Barry Sanders. It would be a huge recruiting coup to get him away from Miami.

I did see his recruiting video coming off his sophomore season last year and he pulled off some freakishly impressive runs. Several were over 50 yard td scampers. Very similar to Barry Sanders. It would be a huge recruiting coup to get him away from Miami.

It seems like everyone has seen that.

wow...thats all i can say. he is one tough kid that would single handed win games. I think we could get him away from Miami...look whose on this kid, blake...we can get him

let's hope so.......but unless he doesn't like the big town, beach atmosphere, we have little to offer him....but there are a few guys who prefer the small town, quiet atmosphere for college.....we shall see....awfully hard to get highly rated players out of Florida and Texas especially.........

hunter

Things could get interesting...

Scholarships offered: Over 12 including: Nebraska, Miami, Grorgia, Tenneesse, Florida St.

Favorites: Miami, Nebraska, Florida St., Florida

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star:star

If Devine went to Texas and was influenced the mother of his children and guardians to come back, I say their is a very small chance he comes all the way to Nebraska.

Plus, he grew up a 'Cane fan and it falls more into what everyone (including himself) would want.

Until I see him say that he is commited, Nebraska is his clear favorite or he signs his LOI, I will not believe he is truely interested in leaving Florida.

USC, Florida State, and NEBRASKA! are his three favorites right now, according to Rivals.

Please do not copy/paste from Rivals

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but it's pretty cool that NU is so prominent on this kid's radar.

BTW, his tapes are the best I've ever seen...

:restore2

I'm not gonna lie. This is just what the doctor ordered. I have been getting a little antsy for some good news on the recruiting front because i was getting a little discouraged. This might hold me over for awhile. too bad he couldnt have been around for the Spring Game. Go get this one boys... :horns2:restore2

Latest college football recruiting buzz

Coming into this recruiting campaign for the Class of 2007, it was widely assumed that it was the year of the quarterback. Signal callers like Jimmy Clausen (Westlake Village, Calif.), Willy Korn (Duncan, S.C.), Ryan Mallett (Texarkana, Texas), Josh Chiles (Mansfield, Texas), Pat Bostick (Manheim, Pa.), Mike Paulus (Syracuse, N.Y.), John Brantley (Ocala, Fla.), Josh Nesbitt (Greensboro, Ga.), and Tyrod Taylor (Hampton, Va.) are just a few quarterbacks at the top of this position that are highly coveted. Among this group you have your classic drop-back QBs like Clausen, Brantley, Mallett and Bostick and your athletes like Chiles, Korn, Nesbitt and Taylor.

Scout your favorite team...

Get the inside scoop on all of your teams! Scout.com has everything you need, from college recruiting, to draft news, to the latest from locker room. CLICK HERE

Football recruiting rankings

Basketball recruiting rankings

But after further evaluation, it just may be the year of the running back. Many prospects have emerged and there should be plenty of star power at this position. Noel Devine (North Fort Myers, Fla.) leads this terrific group. In fact, Devine is arguably the nation's top player and prospect. First and foremost Devine has unbelievable instincts and does things on the field you can't coach. He has unreal vision and balance, two traits most of the great running backs all have in common. Devine has super speed and quickness and will blow you away with his surprising power. In space, he is absolutely deadly but he can shake and bake with the best of them or run right through you.

Devine is a home run hitter that can be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. He is tough enough to run between the tackles and definitely fast enough to get around the edge. He hits the hole hard and once he's downhill and in the second level, watch out.

Marc Tyler (Westlake Village, Calif.), John Clay (Racine, Wi.), Caleb King (Lilburn, Ga.), Broderick Green (Little Rock, Ark.), Robert Elliot (Okolona, Miss.), Armando Allen (Hialeah, Fla.), and Joe McKnight (River Ridge, La.) are all potentially five-star running backs (according to Scout.com, the top 50 prospects in the country are assigned five-stars).

blake is recruiting him, & blake & d sanders have had a good relationship w/ each other going back to their d cowboy days - that relationship is one reason that n devine may be considering leaving fl

p.s. the film on him is awesome (restore the order)

blake is recruiting him, & blake & d sanders have had a good relationship w/ each other going back to their d cowboy days - that relationship is one reason that n devine may be considering leaving fl

His film is legendary. Just like Reggie Bush's.

Yeah, that's no joke. He is going to be a great one, hopefully he decides on Nebraska.

Bleeping Scout.com doesn't even have Nebraska on his radar. Amazing the ink those guys get even being so far off the ball.

Rivals is by far the superior service...

Yeah, that's no joke. He is going to be a great one, hopefully he decides on Nebraska.

The only problem is I have heard he has a ton of personal problems. The rumors are wild.

The only problem is I have heard he has a ton of personal problems. The rumors are wild.

If that's the case, then maybe he IS best suited for Miami. :lol:

IIRC he has grade problems as well as problems keeping out of trouble. BUT i think our coaches can help him. Step one, get the grades. Step two, get to nebraska with papa bear blake, and he will straighten out. Trouble can be made anywhere, but i like to think trouble is tougher to get into in nebraska.

IIRC he has grade problems as well as problems keeping out of trouble. BUT i think our coaches can help him. Step one, get the grades. Step two, get to nebraska with papa bear blake, and he will straighten out. Trouble can be made anywhere, but i like to think trouble is tougher to get into in nebraska.

Maybe NU is thiking long term. Get him into a JUCO and then get him for 2 years. I have heard wild rumors, one has him fathering 5 children to four girls. :blink: Could be way out there. :bang

5 kids from 4 women.....I didn't know this was Shawn Kemps son....

This kid sounds like he could benefit with an early commitment to a program (preferably in the midwest that starts with a N and ends with a ebraska) that will work with him with school and social issues and have a father figure of a coach to keep him in line. Do we have a coach like that? :) But it sounds like he might be a Jan. to Feb. verbal type guy who might make a show of his signing

Seeing Culbert on the way here might entice him join Boystown U. It may return to the days of Father Osborne and the "no such thing as a bad boy". Of course New Orleans shows you can't produce a winner with all Saints. :woo

i read in the OWH about a rb from Benson that is now #2 on the depth chart at sCUm, after playing at Wayne St and walking on at NU and not being invited to join the team. he has 4 or 5 kids also. so if he can make it then maybe Noel will be focused enough to make it also.

lord knows he will need to make it to the NFL to afford the child support

In a recent preseason game Devine had four carries for 164 yards and four touchdowns.

That's ridiculous

Balance boosts North to win

Senior running back Devine rushes for 129 yards and three touchdowns in victory

By Terry Brady

tbrady@news-press.com

Originally posted on September 02, 2006

From North Fort Myers High School’s first possession, it was obvious it was going to have little trouble rushing the ball Friday night at Estero.

However, it was Red Knights’ running back Terrance Lewis, not Noel Devine, who started the scoring onslaught.

In the Red Knights season-opening 65-7 victory, Lewis showed the Wildcats (0-2) there was more than one back in North’s backfield they had to worry about.

On Lewis’ first four carries he recorded Devin-like stats scoring two touchdowns and rushing for 87 yards.

Lewis would end the day with 99 yards on five carries.

His first score was from 53 yards out on North’s first play from scrimmage. Lewis bounced to the outside, burned past the Wildcats’ linebackers, cut back up the middle past their secondary and into the endzone.

North’s next possession saw a 26-yard run by Devine, a 25-yard rush by Lewis, who topped off the Knights’ drive putting them up 14-0 with a 7-yard touchdown run.

“It feels real good to get that first game in,” Lewis said.

Although that would be the end of the Lewis jumpstart of the Red Knights offense, Devine and Quenton Washington followed his lead.

Devine rushed for 129 yards on 11 carries with two rushing touchdowns — 65 and 16 yards out.

While 129 yards might be an average day at the office for Devine, the North senior showed a skill that should plant terror in the heart of North’s remaining opponents.

He can catch.

Devine had two receptions totaling 150 yards, one of which was an 88-yard touchdown, which gave Devine three touchdowns on the night.

Devine’s most impressive reception was one he pulled up on.

The 5-foot-8 running back outjumped two defenders who seemed to tower over him and raced down the field for 62 yards.

At around the 15-yard line Devine turned his sprint to a jog and was caught from behind at the Estero 10 by a Wildcat defender who didn’t give up on the play.

Devine enters this season as one of the most highly recruited high school football players in he country with many lists putting him in the top five.

After Estero halted the Red Knights at their 10, the Red Knights field goal team came on the field.

However a bad snap was picked up by Washington, who took it to the endzone with 1:42 left in the half.

Washington would also score on a 45-yard touchdown pass from North quarterback

Bo Billman who went three for seven with 195 yards and two touchdown passes.

While the Red Knights overpowered Estero, the Wildcats didn’t help their own cause losing six of their seven fumbles.

“We shot ourselves in the foot too many times,” said Estero head coach Brian Jones.

“(North) is a good team, you can’t turn the ball over that many times.”

North coach James Iandoli said he was pleased with his team’s performance and was happy to get their first game of the season out of the way.

Mike Farrell of Rivals.com said in USA Today he considers Devine his #1 player in the country barely ahead of QB Jimmy Clausen. He said Devine's greatest hurdles will be his height and academics. Then he referred to him as Reggie Bush Jr.

link

(P.S. It's not the same Mike Farrell from MASH judging by his picture) :lol: