RB Noel Devine

If Devine went to Texas and was influenced the mother of his children and guardians to come back, I say their is a very small chance he comes all the way to Nebraska.

Plus, he grew up a 'Cane fan and it falls more into what everyone (including himself) would want.

Until I see him say that he is commited, Nebraska is his clear favorite or he signs his LOI, I will not believe he is truely interested in leaving Florida.

• 1 month later...

USC, Florida State, and NEBRASKA! are his three favorites right now, according to Rivals.

Please do not copy/paste from Rivals

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, but it's pretty cool that NU is so prominent on this kid's radar.

BTW, his tapes are the best I've ever seen...

:restore2

I'm not gonna lie. This is just what the doctor ordered. I have been getting a little antsy for some good news on the recruiting front because i was getting a little discouraged. This might hold me over for awhile. too bad he couldnt have been around for the Spring Game. Go get this one boys... :horns2:restore2

• 1 month later...

Latest college football recruiting buzz

Coming into this recruiting campaign for the Class of 2007, it was widely assumed that it was the year of the quarterback. Signal callers like Jimmy Clausen (Westlake Village, Calif.), Willy Korn (Duncan, S.C.), Ryan Mallett (Texarkana, Texas), Josh Chiles (Mansfield, Texas), Pat Bostick (Manheim, Pa.), Mike Paulus (Syracuse, N.Y.), John Brantley (Ocala, Fla.), Josh Nesbitt (Greensboro, Ga.), and Tyrod Taylor (Hampton, Va.) are just a few quarterbacks at the top of this position that are highly coveted. Among this group you have your classic drop-back QBs like Clausen, Brantley, Mallett and Bostick and your athletes like Chiles, Korn, Nesbitt and Taylor.

Scout your favorite team...

Get the inside scoop on all of your teams! Scout.com has everything you need, from college recruiting, to draft news, to the latest from locker room. CLICK HERE

Football recruiting rankings

Basketball recruiting rankings

But after further evaluation, it just may be the year of the running back. Many prospects have emerged and there should be plenty of star power at this position. Noel Devine (North Fort Myers, Fla.) leads this terrific group. In fact, Devine is arguably the nation's top player and prospect. First and foremost Devine has unbelievable instincts and does things on the field you can't coach. He has unreal vision and balance, two traits most of the great running backs all have in common. Devine has super speed and quickness and will blow you away with his surprising power. In space, he is absolutely deadly but he can shake and bake with the best of them or run right through you.

Devine is a home run hitter that can be a threat to score from anywhere on the field. He is tough enough to run between the tackles and definitely fast enough to get around the edge. He hits the hole hard and once he's downhill and in the second level, watch out.

Marc Tyler (Westlake Village, Calif.), John Clay (Racine, Wi.), Caleb King (Lilburn, Ga.), Broderick Green (Little Rock, Ark.), Robert Elliot (Okolona, Miss.), Armando Allen (Hialeah, Fla.), and Joe McKnight (River Ridge, La.) are all potentially five-star running backs (according to Scout.com, the top 50 prospects in the country are assigned five-stars).

blake is recruiting him, & blake & d sanders have had a good relationship w/ each other going back to their d cowboy days - that relationship is one reason that n devine may be considering leaving fl

p.s. the film on him is awesome (restore the order)

His film is legendary. Just like Reggie Bush's.

blake is recruiting him, & blake & d sanders have had a good relationship w/ each other going back to their d cowboy days - that relationship is one reason that n devine may be considering leaving fl

Yeah, that's no joke. He is going to be a great one, hopefully he decides on Nebraska.

Yeah, that's no joke. He is going to be a great one, hopefully he decides on Nebraska.

The only problem is I have heard he has a ton of personal problems. The rumors are wild.

IIRC he has grade problems as well as problems keeping out of trouble. BUT i think our coaches can help him. Step one, get the grades. Step two, get to nebraska with papa bear blake, and he will straighten out. Trouble can be made anywhere, but i like to think trouble is tougher to get into in nebraska.

IIRC he has grade problems as well as problems keeping out of trouble. BUT i think our coaches can help him. Step one, get the grades. Step two, get to nebraska with papa bear blake, and he will straighten out. Trouble can be made anywhere, but i like to think trouble is tougher to get into in nebraska.

Maybe NU is thiking long term. Get him into a JUCO and then get him for 2 years. I have heard wild rumors, one has him fathering 5 children to four girls. :blink: Could be way out there. :bang