LeRoy Alexander

I hadn't seen this brought up yet, but I wanted to point out the play of LeRoy Alexander. He's a RS Freshman and has been seeing a lot of playing time at safety lately. His stats haven't been overwhelming, but it seems like each game he makes a couple of really nice plays. Against PSU, he was the only person on the field that actually decided to defend the jet sweep and kept it to a 5 yrd gain when it could have went a lot further. He also layed a HUGE hit on Zwinack, late in the game.

Who knows what next year holds, but I could see him almost taking Ciante's spot in that hybrid position. Anyhow, just wanted to point out that we have some nice talent in the secondary that doesn't get talked about much. I'm looking forward to what the D can build on.

LeRoy always seems to be in the play every single play, which is something you want from your safety, flying around everywhere. I really hope he stays at safety and gets more time. He could be real good for us.

At the same time, it seems like you never see him miss a tackle. I honestly believe that he has played a much bigger role in helping the D turn the corner than people realize. Alexander and Cooper, for the most part, have played well in the run and don't seem to get beat in coverage much either. As a whole, our play at Safety the last couple of games has been MUCH better than last year and earlier this season.

LeRoy always seems to be in the play every single play, which is something you want from your safety, flying around everywhere. I really hope he stays at safety and gets more time. He could be real good for us.

At the same time, it seems like you never see him miss a tackle. I honestly believe that he has played a much bigger role in helping the D turn the corner than people realize. Alexander and Cooper, for the most part, have played well in the run and don't seem to get beat in coverage much either. As a whole, our play at Safety the last couple of games has been MUCH better than last year and earlier this season.

I definitely agree. It seems like every game he has a chance to pick the ball at least once, with more playing time he will make some of those picks. He can actually tackle, and always in the play. I don't know why they take him out and put Green in. With him and Cooper back there next year we just need another corner or two in this years recruiting class and we can continue to have solid secondary play. There has been some talk of him thinking about moving to offense and maybe playing some receiver as well, I sure hope not.

I've also been impressed with Alexander. I really hope they don't move him - we need all the good safety play we can get. I'm betting Gerry or CJax goes to Nickel next year. My current pick is Gerry but I'd actually like to see Gerry and Alexander starting at Safety but I doubt that will happen.

Cooper is only a Jr, him and LeRoy will be safties again next year.

I've also been impressed with Alexander. I really hope they don't move him - we need all the good safety play we can get. I'm betting Gerry or CJax goes to Nickel next year. My current pick is Gerry but I'd actually like to see Gerry and Alexander starting at Safety but I doubt that will happen.

I know. I'd still rather have Gerry and Alexander.

I know. I'd still rather have Gerry and Alexander.

Pretty bold and I strongly disagree.

Anyhow, just wanted to point out that we have some nice talent in the secondary that doesn't get talked about much.

D.J. Singleton

I dont think i have ever seen him play. did i miss something?

He hasn't. I think he will see the field next year...and has been talked about as someone with lots o' talent.