Bo Contract Extension

scbhusker

Yep approximately a 7.2 million dollar buyout. Based on article 12 of his original contract it looks like he and the AD do a performance appraisal each year. Re-signed in December, 12 days after a 70-31 loss to boost the contract to 5 years total. Wow.

Edited by scbhusker
  • Fire 2

Wow, the Husker soap opera continues. It's just a theory, but it seems believable that TO did this to spite Perlman right before giving up the reigns. Which sucks for us. Even if you're fine with Bo staying, there was nothing performance-wise to justify an extension that far into the future.

• Fire 5

I don't believe that it was a big F U to Harvey because Harvey had to sign off. Section 12 states "with the approval off the chancellor". If this is legit I'd assume the signature of Chancellor Harvey Perlman is below TO's and he signed off in agreement with the move. Also how did the media not report anything on this in the past 11 months? Sipple had an article earlier this week of the buyout at 8 Mill. and I was always under the impress that it was 3.6, now maybe it will all add up.

Yep approximately a 7.2 million dollar buyout. Based on article 12 of his original contract it looks like he and the AD do a performance appraisal each year. Resigned in December, 12 days after a 70-31 loss to boost the contract to 5 years total. Wow.

So Bo did resign...

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing scbhusker meant "re-signed," as in Bo signed again, instead of "resigned" as in Bo quit.

That still doesn't explain why we gave a coach an extension after he led the team to one of the most embarrassing blowouts of this century. It doesn't seem like TO would act against NU's best interests just to spit in Perlman's eye.

This Severe guy says he got a copy through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Yep approximately a 7.2 million dollar buyout. Based on article 12 of his original contract it looks like he and the AD do a performance appraisal each year. Resigned in December, 12 days after a 70-31 loss to boost the contract to 5 years total. Wow.

So Bo did resign...

I might be wrong, but I'm guessing scbhusker meant "re-signed," as in Bo signed again, instead of "resigned" as in Bo quit.

That still doesn't explain why we gave a coach an extension after he led the team to one of the most embarrassing blowouts of this century. It doesn't seem like TO would act against NU's best interests just to spit in Perlman's eye.

This Severe guy says he got a copy through a Freedom of Information Act request.

TOs 6 th year is when the fans got so bad he almost went to CU. perhaps he knew something about how important it was to have some security since there would be a new AD and Bo wouldn't have the same type of assurances that he himself had under Bob Devaney.