QB Jimmy Clausen

DJR313

I wouldn't go that far. One hit from an NFL linebacker and he'd probably never want to pick up a football again.

and that is why the NFL wont ever allow it. i meant mentally and pure skills, but he is in a 16-17 year old body and physically would not be able to handle something like that.

on the ESPN segment outside the lines his coach said that he has better skills then some of the pro QB's that he also coaches

hell i am 40 and if i got hit by an NFL linebacker i dont think that i would see 41.

• 2 months later...

Brentwood's Jones improving

No more Clausens: There won't be a third Clausen playing quarterback at Tennessee.

Jim Clausen was in Knoxville yesterday and informed the Tennessee coaches that his youngest son, Jimmy, was no longer considering the Vols.

Jimmy, one of the most coveted junior prospects in the country, is expected to publicly commit to Notre Dame soon.

His two older brothers, Casey and Rick, both played quarterback at Tennessee. Rick is a graduate assistant on the Vols' staff.

The Vols had been recruiting Jimmy, but it was a long shot that they would get him. The Westlake Village, Calif., prospect was also being recruited by Southern Cal, Michigan, LSU, South Carolina and Oklahoma.

*cough* Ron Powlus *cough*

;)

Nah, Clausen is a darn fine QB, however I don't believe he is the best QB in this crop of QB's. After watching highlight tapes, I personally believe Willy Korn (Clemson commit) is the better of the two. JMO.

He's a pretty good QB but the stat's are decieving, Just like Marlon Lucky did he plays out in the Valley - The teams in the valley are the WEAK High School Conferences in Los Angeles - The teams in Orange County,LA City, and South Bay Conferences beat the sh#t out of the Valley teams year in and out. He also goes to a Christian / Private school that recruits so that helps him alot. Don't get me wrong he's one of the better QB's in the nation but I think there's probally brtter in TX, FL, and CA. He wouldn't fit in at NEBRASKA anyway he's pretty ARROGANT from what I've seen on the HS SPORTS shows on the local tv stations.