Becks comments

Was reading OWH and a comment Beck made stuck out to me. Asked about the hot/cold relationship between Martinez and the fans his initial response was: "Who has a good relationship with fans in this program?

In general, I'm in the subset of fans who have become ambivalent on the whole coaching debate. Bottom line is my support will be forthcoming regardless of the decision and I see the point of both sides, Knapp summed it up well in his manifesto. However, and realize I grew up in Georgia steeped in SEC football, I can't recall seeing a more toxic relationship between coaches and a fan base. I don't understand why it is these coaches can't ignore what we all know is a vocal minority of a-holes and feel the need to take shots at the fan base as a whole. They just seem really thin skinned to me, and I also think by saying these things they make the situation worse.

From growing up around those SEC programs I can tell you their fan bases are a lot less respectful then ours in most cases, yet the coaches seem to take it in stride and manage to stay above the fray for the most part.

I think the coaches need to stop letting themselves be trolled so easily. God, they rise to the bait every time it seems.

• Fire 5

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

• Fire 4

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

I had never heard that before. If it's any where close to what you are saying, then it is sad. I think of all the great players that have come through the program and see how many always come back and support the teams. Sounds like maybe there will be fewer visiting and tooting our horn, to possible recruits, or their own kids as they grow up and are able to play for the school. GBR!!!

gy8lV.gif

That is one of the most troubling posts Ive read in a while. I wish we could fix this. Too bad banning social media isnt a viable option, why ounish the players when its pricks with an attitude and a twitter account that are the problem.

I don't agree with this comment da skers, sorry! I sit with a bunch of family members of players and that is not at all how they feel? Not sure where this sentiment is coming from? Yes, we have bad fans that spew their sh*t now and then but a majority of the fans usually turn to the mouth piece with a look of disappointment and they get the hint. As for the twitter feeds, that is the (faceless fan) who has nothing better to do. This board is a good representation of Husker fans where most everyone wants the best for the program and airs our concerns with some tact. I believe if someone here on this board was to act like one of those (faceless twitter) posters and spewed the kind of comments that you are referring too, knapp and other would show them to the door just as what is done at the stadium?

If what you are saying is true for the section you sit in, I am sorry but I don't think it is a representation of much of the fan base but probably a very small %.