Becks comments

I have far less problem with 18 to 22 year old kids taking stuff personally or speaking out about negative experiences. My issue is with a staff that gets paid large amounts of money to "coach". As coaches, you should be the adults in the situation, especially at this high level,with this kind of money involved. Instead, we have a bunch of highly paid rookies who act just as childish as their team when they face criticism. They shouldn't be fueling this negativity. Clearly if we are seeing it so blatantly in the media, I can only imagine the speeches we don't see.

Sadly this is their FIRST TIME AT THIS.

Check the Wall Street Journal, Terry Saben made similar comments about the Alabama fan base. There are crazies every where, win or lose I guess.

I am sick of this ten win, 9 win crap. When have we beaten a top program, like we claim we are or want to be. When. Yep I can beat up all the 8 year olds on my block, but when some one my size comes along, hell they don't even have to be my size, Minnie the mouse kicked the snot out of me, I crap all over myself. Yea be proud, were almost there. If these cry babies don't want to be here, put their ass on a bus, and send them home.

Wyoming 5-6

1st- 10 2nd- 7 3rd- 14 4th- 6

Southern Miss 0-11

1st- 21 2nd- 14 3rd- 14 4th- 7

UCLA 8-3

1st- 14 2nd- 7 3rd- 0 4th- 0

SDSU (FCS 8-4)

1st- 14 2nd- 24 3rd- 14 4th- 7

Illinois 4-7

1st- 14 2nd- 9 3rd- 13 4th- 3

Purdue 1-10

1st- 14 2nd- 7 3rd- 9 4th- 14

Minnesota 8-3

1st- 10 2nd- 3 3rd- 7 4th- 3

Northwestern 4-7

1st- 7 2nd- 7 3rd- 7 4th- 6

Michigan 7-4

1st- 10 2nd- 0 3rd- 0 4th- 7

Michigan St 10-1

1st- 7 2nd- 0 3rd- 14 4th- 7

Penn St 6-5

1st- 0 2nd- 7 3rd- 10 4th- 0 OT- 3

Below .500 Teams: 5 in total

Wyoming 17--20

S. Miss 35--21

Ill 23--16

Purdue 21--23

Northwestern 14--13

1st Half- 110 points @ 22 points per half

2nd Half- 93 Points @ 18.6 points per half

Total- 203 Points @ 40.6 points per game

.500 and above: 5 Teams

UCLA 21--0

Minn 13--10

UM 10--7

MSU 7--21

PSU 7--13

1st Half- 58 points @ 11.6 points per half

2nd Half- 51 points @ 10.2 points per half

Total: 109 points @ 21.8 points per game

If this doesn't show his incompetence against a quality opponent, then I am not sure. Sure, stats can go in favor of any argument you want, and you can put out there that MSU we had 5 turnovers, then whats the excuse for the other 4 games? Also pretty sad that we lost to the 3 teams with the best records on our schedule.

EDIT: Due to some older fellas on here, this is about Beck, not Pelini :)

You're telling me that Bo Pelini is incompetent? Because he's one game of a freshman making freshman mistakes away from playing for a conference title?

I'll give you poor coaching decisions. I'll give you that it was a bad call not to try Tommy or Ron against Minnesota. Or that it was a bad call to leave Tommy in the MSU game until the last drive. Bad decisions, no two ways about it.

But incompetent?

Oi.

You're telling me that Bo Pelini is incompetent? Because he's one game of a freshman making freshman mistakes away from playing for a conference title?

I'll give you poor coaching decisions. I'll give you that it was a bad call not to try Tommy or Ron against Minnesota. Or that it was a bad call to leave Tommy in the MSU game until the last drive. Bad decisions, no two ways about it.

But incompetent?

Oi.

I am referring to Tim Beck, who this thread is about lol. Maybe incompetent isn't the perfect word, but he can not produce against quality opponents.

More and more of these kinds of comments are really starting to suggest to me that this is how they really feel. And that would be sad. But it would also be easy to suggest that it would come full circle to explain how so many times it appears that the team comes out totally flat for a game. Must be hard to get up to play for 90,000 people whom your coaching staff appears to be upset with.

It's upsetting me more and more the more I think about it. Someone wanna pull me off the ledge?

There's a really jaded quality to these guys after a while. You can't live in a fishbowl like they do and expect to have a normal perspective.

It's not a bad thing or a good thing. It's just a reality. Their perspective is very different from ours. They have no idea, and never will, what it's like to sit in those seats for 30 years. Most of us here will never know what it's like to have a locker in that locker room.

As jaded as we get as fans, as disappointed as we are with the "failures" of this team, it's still 8-3 with possibly two more wins to come. And we're still upset about it. This board is full of detractors, complaints and gripes.

Why should the players be different?

This is a sports psychology issue. There's a person, four people in fact, that they could vent to and, if they were doing their job, the players could get the other side of the coin.

What's that accomplish? Maybe ultimately nothing, but at least Nebraska's players in the past handled the fishbowl a whole lot better than the current ones do.

But incompetent?

Oi.

I am referring to Tim Beck, who this thread is about lol. Maybe incompetent isn't the perfect word, but he can not produce against quality opponents.

Have I mentioned that I'm blind, and that I have major reading comprehension issues? And that I'm drunk and paralyzed and I don't even speak English?

...Nebraska's players in the past handled the fishbowl a whole lot better than the current ones do.

Agree to disagree. I don't want to dredge up the examples that will be contrary to this. You know them as well as I, and they're unpleasant.

Hmm, good point.

Can the coaches go to the sports psychologist?

But incompetent?

Oi.

Have I mentioned that I'm blind, and that I have major reading comprehension issues? And that I'm drunk and paralyzed and I don't even speak English?

que?

But incompetent?

Oi.

que?

I forgot the thread was about Beck, and I responded as if he was talking about Pelini. Rather than just say "I screwed up," which is already perfectly obvious, I thought it would be funnier to say... that.

Clearly not.

But incompetent?

Oi.

que?

I forgot the thread was about Beck, and I responded as if he was talking about Pelini. Rather than just say "I screwed up," which is already perfectly obvious, I thought it would be funnier to say... that.

Clearly not.

I thought he was talking about Pelini also...My remark was about you not speaking English...It wasn't funny either from the looks of it.

It's comments like this that bring situations to a head. Pelini is good enough on his own in creating a thin skinned, toxic, us-vs.-everyone atmosphere around the program. You don't have a good relationship with the fans, Beck?

Well, I got news: When you stop needing miracles to beat teams like 7-loss, zero-conference-win Northwestern, or 56-scholarship Penn State; when you stop leading the nation in fumbles year after (after year); when your vaunted, veteran offense (fifty points a game, man, you heard it here first) doesn't go scoreless in the second half of the UCLA meltdown; when you don't implode against doormats like Minnesota, or surrender easily winnable games like MSU because of systemic incompetence; in short, when you start putting a product on the field befitting your salary and position at this university, then you and your players will have a relationship with the fanbase largely free of serious criticism.

Until that day comes, shut. the f*#k. up.

P.S. And don't make me laugh about players "counting down the days" until they're done. Good. Get rid of that cancer. Cut it out now, before the Iowa game. Don't even let those non-hackers put on the jersey. You signed up for big boy football at a big boy program. No, I don't excuse a-hole fans who are out of line, but get real. They exist in every major fanbase of every major program and cannot be avoided. I've seen other message boards in comparable situations: it gets absolutely vile. But CFB is show business. It comes with the territory. When you sign that LOI so you can get the free housing, the free food, the free gear, the free education, and all the perks of being a genuine celebrity with a shot at an NFL career, best brace yourself to handle more emotional storms than random idiots chattering on Twitter.

We are living on the west coast. We don't watch the games live this year - I think this is a fundamental event. We've never waited and watched the DVR copy of the game delayed before this season. We've always been pumped to watch the Huskers play live - but this year if different. I, like most Nebraskans, have put a lot of my heart into being a Husker Fan over the years - but I don't see the spirit, the commitment, the drive in our teams (and Coaches) the last few years and I'm getting tired of putting so much of myself on the line, into winning or losing - or losing very, very bad. I will still support and be proud of the "N," but I don't hold much faith in things getting better without real some changes. How does the Penn State Coaching staff recover that team from the Hell they went through two years ago and "STILL" take it to the Huskers for all they were worth? Wyoming? Minnesota? Blowing the UCLA game?