Becks comments

Beck's comment......not so bright...it just throws fuel on the fire...no comment would have been better.

You see I don't have a problem with him being honest in his comment. I don't know how many times I have read on message boards that "All they here is coach speak and blah, blah, blah." When a coach actually says something that is pretty true, some fans don't like it.

You can't have everything both ways.

The relationship that fans have had with Taylor Martinez had been very love/hate. He was just being honest and you don't like it.

• Fire 3

Stupid to make a comment like that, we might not be the best fans in terms of how easy we are on the players and coaches from time to time, but we also show up to every single game, sell the place out and make the athletic department as profitable as it is. Can't wait until Beck is gone.........

We sell out. But if you've gone to home games this year you know we don't always show up. I would guess the student section will be 1/2 empty Friday. I'll take a picture. I haven't sat in my own seats yet this year but have been to two games and its never felt full. The one I took my girls to (ILL) I had three empties beside me and two right in front. We had lots of extra space.

Beck's comment......not so bright...it just throws fuel on the fire...no comment would have been better.

You see I don't have a problem with him being honest in his comment. I don't know how many times I have read on message boards that "All they here is coach speak and blah, blah, blah." When a coach actually says something that is pretty true, some fans don't like it.

The relationship that fans have had with Taylor Martinez had been very love/hate. He was just being honest and you don't like it.

The only other QB I think thats had it worse the TM would be Lord. And I'm not even sure he had it as bad a times.

They had to call a meeting to address fan rumors of Bo resigning. I think that says it all. No matter how good your general outlook on the fans is, the vocal minority shitheads can always get to you, especially when they're nonstop entitlement baby douchebags like we have.

this is all about social media and the huge impact a few can exert on a staff or a team....hell, even Bo reads this sh#t...obviously so does Beck....and the players....it is a new dimension of criticism we now have to live with....the focus for this staff and the team should be on the next game and getting better.

I could care less what Beck thinks or says regarding the fans....but in the long run, he just adds more controversy....if that is his choice, then so be it.....he and Bo are obviously on the same page here..

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

I don't agree with this comment da skers, sorry! I sit with a bunch of family members of players and that is not at all how they feel? Not sure where this sentiment is coming from? Yes, we have bad fans that spew their sh*t now and then but a majority of the fans usually turn to the mouth piece with a look of disappointment and they get the hint. As for the twitter feeds, that is the (faceless fan) who has nothing better to do. This board is a good representation of Husker fans where most everyone wants the best for the program and airs our concerns with some tact. I believe if someone here on this board was to act like one of those (faceless twitter) posters and spewed the kind of comments that you are referring too, knapp and other would show them to the door just as what is done at the stadium?

If what you are saying is true for the section you sit in, I am sorry but I don't think it is a representation of much of the fan base but probably a very small %.

Its from the locker room. I won't give the names right now because a couple of them are JRs. But follow Bell, Mitchell, Carter, etc on twitter and you will see them questioning adults taking shots. Many of the Texas players past and present feel that way. There was even a time when Rex thought it was getting pretty bad here. Yes some of it has to to when things aren't going well health or playing time wise but then the fans pile on. And its not the objective critics that bother the players. Guys saying Cotton needs to become a better pass blocker, VV has to get in better shape etc. that gets to them. Its the personal attacks. It really started to pick up in the Billy C day and has continued. Niles Paul would probably have told you at one point that he wished the fans would all die. Its a point of frustration and sad they get to that point. Yes there are certain players it doesn't bother or that are in the shadows and they don't get a lot of the hate. There are also some kids that care more about the program and the team than the fans do so they do a damn good sales job about how great it is here.

Spend some time with the players and their families and many will tell you they are counting down the days they are finished here because of the way fans come at them. If you need proof listen in the stands at the things being said at any game and read the twitter feeds of the players during the games. Our fan base has a large portion of ignorant a$$hole$.

I don't agree with this comment da skers, sorry! I sit with a bunch of family members of players and that is not at all how they feel? Not sure where this sentiment is coming from? Yes, we have bad fans that spew their sh*t now and then but a majority of the fans usually turn to the mouth piece with a look of disappointment and they get the hint. As for the twitter feeds, that is the (faceless fan) who has nothing better to do. This board is a good representation of Husker fans where most everyone wants the best for the program and airs our concerns with some tact. I believe if someone here on this board was to act like one of those (faceless twitter) posters and spewed the kind of comments that you are referring too, knapp and other would show them to the door just as what is done at the stadium?

If what you are saying is true for the section you sit in, I am sorry but I don't think it is a representation of much of the fan base but probably a very small %.

Its from the locker room. I won't give the names right now because a couple of them are JRs. But follow Bell, Mitchell, Carter, etc on twitter and you will see them questioning adults taking shots. Many of the Texas players past and present feel that way. There was even a time when Rex thought it was getting pretty bad here. Yes some of it has to to when things aren't going well health or playing time wise but then the fans pile on. And its not the objective critics that bother the players. Guys saying Cotton needs to become a better pass blocker, VV has to get in better shape etc. that gets to them. Its the personal attacks. It really started to pick up in the Billy C day and has continued. Niles Paul would probably have told you at one point that he wished the fans would all die. Its a point of frustration and sad they get to that point. Yes there are certain players it doesn't bother or that are in the shadows and they don't get a lot of the hate. There are also some kids that care more about the program and the team than the fans do so they do a damn good sales job about how great it is here.

yes and no other teams/staffs have to deal with this sh#t either, right?

• Fire 3

Here is the spin: article saluting the toughness of Taylor Martinez by the coaches, and then said article spends the majority of the piece detailing the supposed divide between the team and the fans. Talk about agenda.

It is agenda that ANOTHER coach said something bad about the fanbase? Are you really blaming the media for this right now?

it seems that Bo has nutured an "us against the fans" mentality with the team. add in tape gate and i can understand how the relationship got to this point.

Absolutely he has. No doubt about it. Husker fans, maybe not all but a large portion, are more fickle than most fans. Relationships are a two way street and the problems here aren't all on the coaches. The days of the Big 8 playing maybe two decent teams a year are over.

Does that all of a sudden make it okay? "Oh, every staff has to deal with this so it's no big deal..." Garbage.

Does that all of a sudden make it okay? "Oh, every staff has to deal with this so it's no big deal..." Garbage.

nope, but it is reality....just like you or I being able to post an opinion, when 10 years ago that wasn't possible.....

• Fire 2

Didn't say no one else has those issues. But if we're like the Bo hates it doesn't matter what other teams fans are like only ours.