Bo post game presser

Amac3309

if anyone has not listened to the presser, and i mean listened, you need to do so before judgement is made on how he acted like a fool during it. He had a very calm tone considering a loss and questions around his job status. was he firm in his responses to questions about whether or not he will be fired? absolutely, but when you only get pieces of his response, it can be spun into multiple directions. this is not a case of bo yelling or stomping around like a fool (see mike gundy). This is someone that is fed up about being asked about his job, something that wasn't an issue until the media jumped on it after UCLA. the fact that the OWH only chooses to put the "if they want to fire me, go ahead" as the title a link to the presser is complete BS. Match that with the chosen picture and it will get a bigger response than it should.

I watched it live. It was bad. No way to sugarcoat it.

if anyone has not listened to the presser, and i mean listened, you need to do so before judgement is made on how he acted like a fool during it. He had a very calm tone considering a loss and questions around his job status. was he firm in his responses to questions about whether or not he will be fired? absolutely, but when you only get pieces of his response, it can be spun into multiple directions. this is not a case of bo yelling or stomping around like a fool (see mike gundy). This is someone that is fed up about being asked about his job, something that wasn't an issue until the media jumped on it after UCLA. the fact that the OWH only chooses to put the "if they want to fire me, go ahead" as the title a link to the presser is complete BS. Match that with the chosen picture and it will get a bigger response than it should.

Could not agree more bones.

I think many of us would feel the same way if our job was in limbo for months and broadcast across the country. Let the guy be himself, he's grown a lot since the first day he was here and though his hat deal today wasn't the brightest move, he walked away from it and simply called the ref a joke the rest of the game. Ferentz had just as much cursing going on today as Bo did but Bo gets the attention because Bo is put on the hotseat by fans and media stuck in the 90s.

I think many of us would feel the same way if our job was in limbo for months and broadcast across the country. Let the guy be himself, he's grown a lot since the first day he was here and though his hat deal today wasn't the brightest move, he walked away from it and simply called the ref a joke the rest of the game. Ferentz had just as much cursing going on today and Bo did but Bo gets the attention because Bo is put on the hotseat by fans and media stuck in the 90s.

Nope, sorry. Bo went above and beyond today. No possible way to say he didn't.

I think many of us would feel the same way if our job was in limbo for months and broadcast across the country. Let the guy be himself, he's grown a lot since the first day he was here and though his hat deal today wasn't the brightest move, he walked away from it and simply called the ref a joke the rest of the game. Ferentz had just as much cursing going on today and Bo did but Bo gets the attention because Bo is put on the hotseat by fans and media stuck in the 90s.

Bo went above and beyond? What should Bo have done? Sat on the sideline and simply tell the side ref, "bad call but you guys will get the next one right, you guys"?

Though I don't think he meant to get as close as it seemed with the hat, I have to think that he did not intend for the hat to break and the straps to come so close. Personally, I like a coach who will fight for his players and display emotion. Did it cost us three points? Sure. Did it cost us the game? Not even a little bit. I'm sorry you want the best of both worlds.

Everyone needs to own up and look at their involvement in this entire debacle. Don't get me wrong, I am not totally defending Bo but these situations are never one sided.

Media - Doing our job is flat out an excuse. Our entire journalistic media in this country is crap. They are paid for a bunch of opinions and make more money from stirring the pot. The media will feed the fans. If the fans only see negativity from the program, regardless of 9/10 things are positive, they will be negative to the program. The media is absolutely part of this mess and "doing our job" is crap.

Fans - Irregardless if you are behind Bo staying or being fired be honest. If you got beat up that badly at work by your "boss" would you be happy there? If "fans", or the media are going to always skew things to their benefit, you have no hope of improving your work environment. You would be out searching for a new job and I don't blame Bo for seemingly wanting to leave. Should he handle it better, sure. At some point I don't care who you are, you would have similar reactions. Anyone that says they won't is lying. Our world is entirely to hypocritical and we can rarely handle those that aren't, we call them out and force them to be the same.

Players - Should our opinion matter more then theirs regarding Bo or the media. That's a big fat no. His players would take a bullet for the man. Why do we marginalize that? If your opinion of someone you cared about was marginalized to that, extent how would you feel about that other person. Fans and the media are absolutely creating the us against them mentality. Those boys played their rear ends off in major pain, severely depleted by injuries, and what do we give them We give them nothing except try harder, your not good enough, your coach sucks. If you and your family feel that attacked by others your leader doesn't have to brainwash you, those you feel attacked by naturally become our enemies. Again put yourself in their shoes and tell me you wouldn't feel the same.

Bo - Come on man. There are ways to handle your frustrations and anger without looking like a 5 year old. I do not blame him in anyway for his feelings or even showing his frustrations. He should know that he is in a fishbowl to begin with and have only made it worse. It started your first few years before he actually began working to control his emotions/communications. Obviously it is not a talent of his. If you were Bo and you saw your efforts going nowhere you lose your patience to continue those efforts. What do you get? You get today's outburst when all of your frustrations from the media and fans overflow. I greatly appreciate his honesty, but there are better ways to communicate.

I would argue that much of this still stems from poor and inconsistent leadership within the athletic department for years. Tom helped but didn't have enough time to truly make the changes stick, plus you still have Pearlman. We have passed the point that Bo can succeed here but in the future we need leadership needs to mentors the coaches in all aspects. That leadership needs to market and manage fans expectations and knowledge of the programs.

Don't kid yourself about that finding a new quality will be easy. The grass is rarely greener. On top of leadership issues, which Wisconsin doesn't have and makes it attractive, we are NOT a top 10 coaching destination. Many schools throw money at football, have ridiculous facilities, academics, strength and conditioning, and anything else you want to add to the list. We have 1 thing many other schools don't, only 1, and that is tradition. Tell me what does tradition get you anymore.

Irregardless isn't a word.

• Fire 4

I like Bo and wanted him to do well here. I got passed the leaked audio.

This presser and the penalty were it though. I still like Bo, but he went too far. He came into the press conference looking for a fight. The media (who I am not a fan of) ask the questions because they know they will get a reaction. Bo did not let them down.

I almost felt sorry for Bo. As someone who as been there, I don't think he can control his emotions.

I'm out of Super Mario Bros. 1ups but I agree. A lot of people can relate to this even if they refuse to admit it. The media knows when Bo feels like he's backed into a corner. I'm not a Bo supporter but I've felt sorry for him a few time recently. I'm not in the "Bo must go" camp either so... yea.

Everyone needs to own up and look at their involvement in this entire debacle. Don't get me wrong, I am not totally defending Bo but these situations are never one sided.

Media - Doing our job is flat out an excuse. Our entire journalistic media in this country is crap. They are paid for a bunch of opinions and make more money from stirring the pot. The media will feed the fans. If the fans only see negativity from the program, regardless of 9/10 things are positive, they will be negative to the program. The media is absolutely part of this mess and "doing our job" is crap.

Fans - Irregardless if you are behind Bo staying or being fired be honest. If you got beat up that badly at work by your "boss" would you be happy there? If "fans", or the media are going to always skew things to their benefit, you have no hope of improving your work environment. You would be out searching for a new job and I don't blame Bo for seemingly wanting to leave. Should he handle it better, sure. At some point I don't care who you are, you would have similar reactions. Anyone that says they won't is lying. Our world is entirely to hypocritical and we can rarely handle those that aren't, we call them out and force them to be the same.

Players - Should our opinion matter more then theirs regarding Bo or the media. That's a big fat no. His players would take a bullet for the man. Why do we marginalize that? If your opinion of someone you cared about was marginalized to that, extent how would you feel about that other person. Fans and the media are absolutely creating the us against them mentality. Those boys played their rear ends off in major pain, severely depleted by injuries, and what do we give them We give them nothing except try harder, your not good enough, your coach sucks. If you and your family feel that attacked by others your leader doesn't have to brainwash you, those you feel attacked by naturally become our enemies. Again put yourself in their shoes and tell me you wouldn't feel the same.

Bo - Come on man. There are ways to handle your frustrations and anger without looking like a 5 year old. I do not blame him in anyway for his feelings or even showing his frustrations. He should know that he is in a fishbowl to begin with and have only made it worse. It started your first few years before he actually began working to control his emotions/communications. Obviously it is not a talent of his. If you were Bo and you saw your efforts going nowhere you lose your patience to continue those efforts. What do you get? You get today's outburst when all of your frustrations from the media and fans overflow. I greatly appreciate his honesty, but there are better ways to communicate.

I would argue that much of this still stems from poor and inconsistent leadership within the athletic department for years. Tom helped but didn't have enough time to truly make the changes stick, plus you still have Pearlman. We have passed the point that Bo can succeed here but in the future we need leadership needs to mentors the coaches in all aspects. That leadership needs to market and manage fans expectations and knowledge of the programs.

Don't kid yourself about that finding a new quality will be easy. The grass is rarely greener. On top of leadership issues, which Wisconsin doesn't have and makes it attractive, we are NOT a top 10 coaching destination. Many schools throw money at football, have ridiculous facilities, academics, strength and conditioning, and anything else you want to add to the list. We have 1 thing many other schools don't, only 1, and that is tradition. Tell me what does tradition get you anymore.

*this* is how you troll, y'all.

Bo went above and beyond? What should Bo have done? Sat on the sideline and simply tell the side ref, "bad call but you guys will get the next one right, you guys"?

Though I don't think he meant to get as close as it seemed with the hat, I have to think that he did not intend for the hat to break and the straps to come so close. Personally, I like a coach who will fight for his players and display emotion. Did it cost us three points? Sure. Did it cost us the game? Not even a little bit. I'm sorry you want the best of both worlds.

I like the fire also. You know there is a middle ground, right? Bo doesn't seem to have one. I agree about the hat breaking making it look worse than what it was. When you are on the hot seat and under a microscope, why make it so easy? That's just not very smart. I would like our coach to be at least a little smarter than that.

*this* is how you troll, y'all.

Nah, just a pet peeve. Like saying "I could care less".