Bo post game presser

Amac3309

I was responding to a post that said Oklahoma won a share of their conference last year to which I pointed out that Nebraska would be considered to win a "share" of the conference championship given the same circumstances. Because the circumstances are different, Nebraska was not considered the champion of the Big Ten.

Um no. What you actually said was...

And last year Bo won a share of the Big Ten

which is incorrect.

Read the entire thread with that. Thank you for trying though.

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

I'm done with this. Chalk another one up for the Bo-flippers.

When were the questions asked...in what order?

What difference does it make byebye? He's had numerous chances to mend the relationship from him to the fans. From the team to the fans. If he geniunely cared about what is probably the most significant team-fan relationship in sports (seriously, becuase it IS all we have here) he woulda came out with something more than some hand written gesture after that audio. He coulda showed some appreciation today for those fans even after another totally incompetent coaching job against a definition-mediocrity program, were still showing their support for not the team, not the program, but HIM. FRICKIN HIM. And he just blows it off. Beck pissed me off the other day, and Bo did it today. Get to stepping. This is one place where you dont f#*k with the fans.

We had 8 home games this year. And the only 3 we had against teams with a pulse, we completely sh#t the bed and show total lack of basic fundamentals and being mentally ready to play. Think maybe this whole "us vs the world including our f'ing fairweather f'ing fu#*$" has anything to do with it? Just read the comments from players. Theyre under the notion that they play for Bo Pelini, NOT Nebraska. And that is just straight up f'ing bullsh#t. I supported this guy to the last straw today. I was making arguments with folks in his support in the stadium up through halftime. Then I get to my truck and listen to that presser. f#*k it. i'm done.

Priming effect :) I'm betting that if he was asked what he thought of the fans before he was asked about his job security, he would've responded differently.

Let's all take a step back and acknowledge the fact that Bo is a human, too. The same psychological rules that apply to all of us apply to him as well. He is not some robot who is going to come up with the right answer to every question the media asks him. And if he was asked about his job security first, knowing the response that he gave and how he gave it, I'm not surprised that he gave the response that he gave to the question about the fans.

It's like me telling you, "you're fired" and then asking you about how your day was. If I asked you those questions in the other order, I bet I get a very different response.

Bo shouldve taken the Tim Miles approach. Jeebus, that guy hasnt done a damn thing and the entire state would already lay down in front of an armored truck for him. I feel so betrayed. Bo's presser was really not that bad on a whole. Blunt honesty. Why cant he do that? But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the NFL.

What difference does it make byebye? He's had numerous chances to mend the relationship from him to the fans. From the team to the fans. If he geniunely cared about what is probably the most significant team-fan relationship in sports (seriously, becuase it IS all we have here) he woulda came out with something more than some hand written gesture after that audio. He coulda showed some appreciation today for those fans even after another totally incompetent coaching job against a definition-mediocrity program, were still showing their support for not the team, not the program, but HIM. FRICKIN HIM. And he just blows it off. Beck pissed me off the other day, and Bo did it today. Get to stepping. This is one place where you dont f#*k with the fans.

We had 8 home games this year. And the only 3 we had against teams with a pulse, we completely sh#t the bed and show total lack of basic fundamentals and being mentally ready to play. Think maybe this whole "us vs the world including our f'ing fairweather f'ing fu#*$" has anything to do with it? Just read the comments from players. Theyre under the notion that they play for Bo Pelini, NOT Nebraska. And that is just straight up f'ing bullsh#t. I supported this guy to the last straw today. I was making arguments with folks in his support in the stadium up through halftime. Then I get to my truck and listen to that presser. f#*k it. i'm done.

Priming effect :) I'm betting that if he was asked what he thought of the fans before he was asked about his job security, he would've responded differently.

Let's all take a step back and acknowledge the fact that Bo is a human, too. The same psychological rules that apply to all of us apply to him as well. He is not some robot who is going to come up with the right answer to every question the media asks him. And if he was asked about his job security first, knowing the response that he gave and how he gave it, I'm not surprised that he gave the response that he gave to the question about the fans.

It's like me telling you, "you're fired" and then asking you about how your day was. If I asked you those questions in the other order, I bet I get a very different response.

Cant really argue with that boss. And frankly I could perspective when you made your initial reply. But damn it, if he cant understand that he just cant act like that regardless, and with all that has gone on, that at some point you HAVE to embrace the fans. Becuase there are so many supporters of him despite all of this. Yet he continues to shove us away. I'm done with him unfortunately. I just feel like we've peaked with him. And we have the tools necessary to be so much better. He couldve gained a lot of forgiveness my making a classy remark in regards to the fans at that point. But he continued to act like an ass. A straight up ass. And I just cant handle that anymore. He's daring us to fire him at this point, and he's rubbing our faces right in it. And that's fine, because I truley believe that he wants out as much as a lot of folks want him gone.

If he cant handle the public spotlight in just a tad classier manner on a consistent basis-WHICH IS PART OF THE JOB I MIGHT ADD, LIKE IT OR NOT-then he's frankly not fit to be the head coach at the University of Nebraska. I dont expect Jesus Tom Osborne, but damn, there's nothing wrong with expecting better than that.

And lastly for sh#t's sake. Just embrace the fans. That in itself would go a hell of a long ways.

I just read through this whole post and I have to say, it was more tiring than the game today... At the end of it all, we just need a change. This ridiculous crap can't continue. I do think Bo could be a great coach some day, but he needs a wake-up call. His time at NU is really done after that mess today. It's time for all of us to move on.

But the one thing I have yet to see mentioned is when asked about all the fans in the tunnel saying "we love you Bo" and so, all he could muster was a snide and snappy "it's great". Meh. So long Bo. Thanks for rebuilding our program from the brink of toiletry, but it's time we both part ways and you can get on with your career as a DC or position coach in the

Great point. Bo was served up a couple of silver platters with that question and the one about Quincy. His response was frustrating. You want us to believe it's about the team? Walk the walk.

Cant really argue with that boss. And frankly I could perspective when you made your initial reply. But damn it, if he cant understand that he just cant act like that regardless, and with all that has gone on, that at some point you HAVE to embrace the fans. Becuase there are so many supporters of him despite all of this. Yet he continues to shove us away. I'm done with him unfortunately. I just feel like we've peaked with him. And we have the tools necessary to be so much better. He couldve gained a lot of forgiveness my making a classy remark in regards to the fans at that point. But he continued to act like an ass. A straight up ass. And I just cant handle that anymore. He's daring us to fire him at this point, and he's rubbing our faces right in it. And that's fine, because I truley believe that he wants out as much as a lot of folks want him gone.

Part of a good, healthy relationship between the media and the players and coach is for both sides to understand each other. Bo should definitely know and understand that, after a loss and even after a questionable win, the media is going to ask him questions that are stupid and that can probably be answered by the media person himself. So yes, he should rise above that and answer them with a level of calmness and understanding that would command a level of respect from the fans and from the media. He shouldn't give them any more ammunition than they already have.

But at the same time, the media needs to understand that Bo is an emotion-first, then speak-second guy. If you ask him a stupid question, you're going to get a disgusted look and a disgusted answer. ESPECIALLY if you ask the stupid question IMMEDIATELY AFTER something like a disheartening loss to Iowa on senior day. If you think that Bo is going to set aside all the emotion that is going through his mind so that he can calmly do a press conference, you are going to be in for a rude awakening when you watch that press conference. So I think some onus should be on the media to understand their head coach and ask their questions as such. The order in which the questions are asked is so incredibly important. I'll be that if Bo was asked some questions about his players and senior day and the fans before the questions about his job status started floating around, he would've responded so much differently than how he responded.

I hate that the media isn't held as accountable as our head coach. They're somewhat culpable in inciting Bo's reactions as Bo himself. Could Bo responded differently to their questions? Definitely. But could the media have asked some different questions first before barreling into the heavy hitter? You bet. This is not a one-way street we're dealing with here.

It does rub me the wrong way that we have a head coach that does not acknowledge the fans and has created an "us vs. the world" mentality where the us only includes coaches and players and the world includes the fans and the media. But when you see and hear about some of the things that float around and that inevitably reach the players and coaches from our fans and media (please all you "they can ignore it" folks, there is no way that the team can't hear about rumors), it's easy to see how that mentality can be created.

• Fire 1

Part of a good, healthy relationship between the media and the players and coach is for both sides to understand each other. Bo should definitely know and understand that, after a loss and even after a questionable win, the media is going to ask him questions that are stupid and that can probably be answered by the media person himself. So yes, he should rise above that and answer them with a level of calmness and understanding that would command a level of respect from the fans and from the media. He shouldn't give them any more ammunition than they already have.

But at the same time, the media needs to understand that Bo is an emotion-first, then speak-second guy. If you ask him a stupid question, you're going to get a disgusted look and a disgusted answer. ESPECIALLY if you ask the stupid question IMMEDIATELY AFTER something like a disheartening loss to Iowa on senior day. If you think that Bo is going to set aside all the emotion that is going through his mind so that he can calmly do a press conference, you are going to be in for a rude awakening when you watch that press conference. So I think some onus should be on the media to understand their head coach and ask their questions as such. The order in which the questions are asked is so incredibly important. I'll be that if Bo was asked some questions about his players and senior day and the fans before the questions about his job status started floating around, he would've responded so much differently than how he responded.

I hate that the media isn't held as accountable as our head coach. They're somewhat culpable in inciting Bo's reactions as Bo himself. Could Bo responded differently to their questions? Definitely. But could the media have asked some different questions first before barreling into the heavy hitter? You bet. This is not a one-way street we're dealing with here.

It does rub me the wrong way that we have a head coach that does not acknowledge the fans and has created an "us vs. the world" mentality where the us only includes coaches and players and the world includes the fans and the media. But when you see and hear about some of the things that float around and that inevitably reach the players and coaches from our fans and media (please all you "they can ignore it" folks, there is no way that the team can't hear about rumors), it's easy to see how that mentality can be created.

Nicely said.

Last paragraph. us vs world mentality. That's enough for me at this point. I dont need that sh#t. I'm tired of supporting a guy that is constantly pushing me away because he fails to have the common sense to understand that the sh#t fans are a small minority of our fanbase, fails to reciprocate that to his team, and then appears to-and this is worse of all-use that as a prime motivating factor. I'm not buying it anymore.

Nicely said.

Last paragraph. us vs world mentality. That's enough for me at this point. I dont need that sh#t. I'm tired of supporting a guy that is constantly pushing me away because he fails to have the common sense to understand that the sh#t fans are a small minority of our fanbase, fails to reciprocate that to his team, and then appears to-and this is worse of all-use that as a prime motivating factor. I'm not buying it anymore.

The sh#t fans aren't the majority of all fans. But when it's the sh#t fans that you constantly hear about, they sure as heck seem like the majority.

Nicely said.

The sh#t fans aren't the majority of all fans. But when it's the sh#t fans that you constantly hear about, they sure as heck seem like the majority.

But the sh#t fans are at all big time schools. He needs to grow a thicker skin or coach at UMass.

Nicely said.

But the sh#t fans are at all big time schools. He needs to grow a thicker skin or coach at UMass.

The fact that the sh#t fans are at all big time schools is irrelevant to this discussion. MR. A AND I ARE HAVING A GOOD MOMENT. STOP RUINING THIS!

Nicely said.

But that's the whole point though. He's gotta understand AND relay the fact that they are the minority. And I've heard that one of the things he said in addressing the team before leaving for State College was that a lot of the times the negative 5% always has the loudest voice, and that you have to put it behind you. But then Kaz has a cheap remark, then Beck with his, and then Bo today. Leads me to ask what the hell is going on in North Stadium.

Nicely said.

But that's the whole point though. He's gotta understand AND relay the fact that they are the minority. And I've heard that one of the things he said in addressing the team before leaving for State College was that a lot of the times the negative 5% always has the loudest voice, and that you have to put it behind you. But then Kaz has a cheap remark, then Beck with his, and then Bo today. Leads me to ask what the hell is going on in North Stadium.

Exactly spot on. It's this weird undercurrent of disdain for the fans that I don't understand. What's their theory? That the fans woke up one day and just decided to be dicks to the team just for kicks? Or do they ever take any responsibility for the fans' concerns and appreciate it as a justifiable response to the blowout losses and the lack of fundamental football?

Honestly, the "no coach can get a fair shake in Nebraska" mentality being perpetuated by the coaches is the biggest turn off and reflects very simplistic reasoning that does not reflect favorably on their intelligence.

Nicely said.

Kind of seems like they are just too temperamental, like a flavor of the day type of mood. We've all seen Bo give very cool, candid remarks that make us think he understands the program and the culture and we've all seen that same Bo give very wild and emotionally charged comments that make us think that maybe he doesn't understand the program and the culture.

He, and the staff in general are so wildly inconsistent with their demeanors.

• Fire 1