Objective look at keeping Bo

lo country

Several things I wanted to address and get feedback.

1) Is it possible Bo has been told by his agent to get fired in order to get the reported $7.6 billion buyout? Perhaps media speculation would make him the victim ie firing a 8-9 win coach.

a. poor play calling in todays game

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

2) If Bo is kept, would replacing the staff change any of this? He is not incompetent, but appears stubborn. If forced to make changes, is it possible the Bo we saw in 2003 and flashes of in 2009-2010 return? Can he become a CEO and let the Coordinators run the show.

(In 2002, I wanted wholesale changes or Frank to be gone. He made changes and we improved. IMO he should have been given one more year minimum)

3) D appears to be improving, talent is there and injuries killed us on O. With new coordinators, does Bo have the knowledge of the O scheme to continue it? (i have no idea what our scheme even is)

(IMO Bo doesn't have the knowledge to implement AND teach new coordinators. They need to be solid, proven commodities. On O, bring back smash mouth, mean a$$, nasty power. No finesse or "cute" crap. A mental and physicality that is lacking.)

4) Does new coordinators set us back years as we don't have the kids in place "to run the new system".

(IMO, we saw this with Frank to Caly and Cally to Bo. Wrong athletes for systems. Need to find guys who can coach what we have and develop kids. If we transition to a "new" system, implement small changes. Get staff who can recruit their a$$es off. Hire a former Husker great to assist. ie Shields, Wistrom, Minter, Brown etc,,,,,,)

5) If Bo is kept, can he change his "hate the fans" mentality.

(Doubtful IMO and perhaps the greatest obstacle to over come. When he dislikes the fans and the team gets that attitude, it spells disaster)

6) If Bo is kept, does he even want to stay here and would the fan base accept/embrace him.

After some of his comments, I think they are from a tired, beat down guy. I think he wants to be here. I would think the fans would forgive and move on providing changes were made at some level)

7) Which coaches, if any would you want to keep?

Brown, Fish, Garrison

8) Do we lose any recruits or current players?

Rumors have RG leaving if Bo goes......

1) Is it possible Bo has been told by his agent to get fired in order to get the reported $7.6 billion buyout? Perhaps media speculation would make him the victim ie firing a 8-9 win coach.

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

2) If Bo is kept, would replacing the staff change any of this? He is not incompetent, but appears stubborn. If forced to make changes, is it possible the Bo we saw in 2003 and flashes of in 2009-2010 return? Can he become a CEO and let the Coordinators run the show.

(In 2002, I wanted wholesale changes or Frank to be gone. He made changes and we improved. IMO he should have been given one more year minimum)

3) D appears to be improving, talent is there and injuries killed us on O. With new coordinators, does Bo have the knowledge of the O scheme to continue it? (i have no idea what our scheme even is)

(IMO Bo doesn't have the knowledge to implement AND teach new coordinators. They need to be solid, proven commodities. On O, bring back smash mouth, mean a$$, nasty power. No finesse or "cute" crap. A mental and physicality that is lacking.)

4) Does new coordinators set us back years as we don't have the kids in place "to run the new system".

(IMO, we saw this with Frank to Caly and Cally to Bo. Wrong athletes for systems. Need to find guys who can coach what we have and develop kids. If we transition to a "new" system, implement small changes. Get staff who can recruit their a$$es off. Hire a former Husker great to assist. ie Shields, Wistrom, Minter, Brown etc,,,,,,)

(Doubtful IMO and perhaps the greatest obstacle to over come. When he dislikes the fans and the team gets that attitude, it spells disaster)

6) If Bo is kept, does he even want to stay here and would the fan base accept/embrace him.

After some of his comments, I think they are from a tired, beat down guy. I think he wants to be here. I would think the fans would forgive and move on providing changes were made at some level)

Brown, Fish, Garrison

You would want to keep only those three coaches? Seems like removing all but three would cause more problems than solutions at this point.

Terry Joseph seems to be a worthwhile keep. Kaz has helped mold an extremely young defensive line. Els has had one year with freshman and sophomore linebackers mainly. I don't want to be a kool-aid drinker with everyone/everything but there is a lot of upside to giving these coaches a little more time to mold the young team.

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

Brown, Fish, Garrison

Randy Gregory? Doesn't have have just two years of eligibility left? He's going to spend one of them on the bench, leaving him just one more year to play because of Bo? I don't see it.

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

Brown, Fish, Garrison

Randy Gregory? Doesn't have have just two years of eligibility left? He's going to spend one of them on the bench, leaving him just one more year to play because of Bo? I don't see it.

leaving 4 NFL

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

Brown, Fish, Garrison

leaving 4 NFL

Yes. Leaving for NFL in this draft per Twitter.

b. the presser

(IMO, yes)

Brown, Fish, Garrison

You would want to keep only those three coaches? Seems like removing all but three would cause more problems than solutions at this point.

Terry Joseph seems to be a worthwhile keep. Kaz has helped mold an extremely young defensive line. Els has had one year with freshman and sophomore linebackers mainly. I don't want to be a kool-aid drinker with everyone/everything but there is a lot of upside to giving these coaches a little more time to mold the young team.

Forgot about Joseph. He would be a keeper. Unsure about Kaz as we repeatedly get gashed on the run. It has improved.

Should have added IF BO WAS KEPT, what coaches should stay

1. No. Other ADs know why he is being let go. He acted like that today because he already knew his fate.

2. Possibly. But, didn't we give Bo that chance already? He had the chance to get a new OC and promoted Beck. He had the chance to get a new Def Cord, and chose to promote from within. He had an opening at DL and go a subpar IOWA dline coach. He has had 6 years to fire Barney and he hasn't.

3. No. Bo is having issues running his Defense, cant imagine him trying to run an offense.

4. Depends. If you get a spread guy, no. If we hired a pro-style OC, yes.

5. With time, its possible. Sadly he has chosen the "us against the world" mentality years ago.

7. Brown, Garrison and Joseph are the only ones that can coach at Nebraska level.

1. Could be

2. No, Bo is too stubborn. I also think Bo is a poor executive. He is not capable of letting competent subordinates make decisions.

3. I don't think so. Although I prefer smash mouth, this O would be OK if they didn't lead the world in turnovers.

4. No. Cally was a special case. option to spread was too much. the O in Watson's 1st year was good.

5. Bo has convinced himself that we are out to get him. He will probably hate us for the remainder of his life.

6. I don't think he wants to stay, but NU fans would still support him.

7. I am unsure.

Objecting Look at Keeping Bo is a misnomer.

It can't be objective if you are already looking at one particular course of action (keeping him) as compared to another (letting him go). That's an immediate bias.

No. You can take an objective look at one choice. That's part of the decision-making process - you can't evaluate your choices without an objective look at each.