More leaked audio - Ron Kellogg presser

Cdog923

+1

The way this has gone down so far is pretty unprofessional when compared to the class this program typically exudes. Local media have played a very big hand in all of this... Sure the "this smacks of Solich" and "give Bo another shot" articles made the rounds the last couple weeks, but how many articles have we seen from them that have gone the exact opposite direction, so as to be inflammatory? And now another microphone gate? *Insert the "Come On Man!" soundtrack for Monday Football here*

This is ridiculous, I can't believe that these guys wouldn't be mindful of what they're saying around a microphone after what happened to Pelini! This is complete horse s*&t and I've seen more organized monkey s*&t fights in a zoo! I obviously agree that Bo is probably gone, do I agree with that decision at this point? I have no idea, I'm so confused I don't know what to think. I will say this, If Pelini IS going to be fired they need to do this right now, this weekend, and not screw around. If they wait until after the bowl game, we're screwed. We'll get a 7th choice to take the reigns and we'll be no better off than we are right now. Open the god damn checkbook, quit screwing around, and get the guy you want in that position and give him plenty of money to get the right coaches in place. This whole damn experiment is costing us more money than it's saving us and you get what you pay for sometimes. I'm so pissed off at this program right now for all the mickey mouse, back door, under handed, disorganized crap that I'm seeing. They aren't acting like a big time program with this unorganized bull$hit going on. Eichorst better have already done his homework or the guy can go fly a kite. That'll tell me that he has no vision and isn't prepared for anything.

While I get the sentiment and agree with 99% of what you wrote--especially about the haste to put this thing to bed--you also have to factor in how complicated Pelini made things in the course of one afternoon. As of kickoff it's reasonable to think there was a chance that Eichorst was going to retain Pelini at 9-10 wins. One sorry afternoon of football and a press conference later, suddenly you have a(nother) national embarrassment on your hands. That quickly rewrites your formula. But in any event, the admins need to step up and if they're smart they'll do it today.

I am complaning here i know but BigRedIowan, how much are you looking forward to monday.

What about Monday? If you're talking about Hawk fans I already predicted we would lose this game, but by 5, so I took the wind out of their sails so they can't say much. A few have started with me already, but if you play a team long enough and enough times it's natural for them to win. I'm not looking forward to this mess that may be a new coaching search. I don't know if we'll be better off with someone else or not. I'm not scared either of getting a new coach like some try to claim on this board when someone says they don't know if it'll be any better. You'll have to guarantee that it WILL be better or why pull the trigger on a new coach and fire Bo? I don't agree with what he did yesterday at all, it was stupid, and it's not a way for a CEO of a team to act, but I do think he should be able to speak his mind a little better on SOME things. I'm getting tired of the damn media asking him about his job status and making it into a big deal so if I'm getting tired of it, he's gotta be getting tired of it as well. The bad is outweighing the good at this point with him because the media is driving it, but he has brought it upon himself. We screw this coaching search up and we become Minnesota, simple as that..................

This is ridiculous, I can't believe that these guys wouldn't be mindful of what they're saying around a microphone after what happened to Pelini! This is complete horse s*&t and I've seen more organized monkey s*&t fights in a zoo! I obviously agree that Bo is probably gone, do I agree with that decision at this point? I have no idea, I'm so confused I don't know what to think. I will say this, If Pelini IS going to be fired they need to do this right now, this weekend, and not screw around. If they wait until after the bowl game, we're screwed. We'll get a 7th choice to take the reigns and we'll be no better off than we are right now. Open the god damn checkbook, quit screwing around, and get the guy you want in that position and give him plenty of money to get the right coaches in place. This whole damn experiment is costing us more money than it's saving us and you get what you pay for sometimes. I'm so pissed off at this program right now for all the mickey mouse, back door, under handed, disorganized crap that I'm seeing. They aren't acting like a big time program with this unorganized bull$hit going on. Eichorst better have already done his homework or the guy can go fly a kite. That'll tell me that he has no vision and isn't prepared for anything.

This. Talk about not doing sh%t the Nebraska way. Fire him fine, but this secret laud the info over him is crap and the mark of some spineless trash. Fire HP and SE while we are at it. Unprofessional as hell.

Needs to be done immediately or a statement saying he is staying.

You are assuming that Tom's failed coaching search for Bo was not mickey mouse. Newsflash, it was, as he wasted 75K to put on a fake coaching search to interview only Grobe even though he had already hired Bo after the oSu game.

Does anyone ever remember anything positive about bo in any of the last 4 years. Its always been about his rants, him quitting to coach elsewhere, or some other negative item. sh#t if i was coaching here i would be dam sick of this as well. Its part of a HC job but i dont think to the degree its been made with him. Just do a search on how many negative impact items are in the news on bo or nebraska in the past 4 years.

As for the bold part, what exactly are you referring to?

As for the underlined part, doesn't that presume his first choice is available before the bowl game? That's a heck of a presumption.

I am complaning here i know but BigRedIowan, how much are you looking forward to monday.

What about Monday? If you're talking about Hawk fans I already predicted we would lose this game, but by 5, so I took the wind out of their sails so they can't say much. A few have started with me already, but if you play a team long enough and enough times it's natural for them to win. I'm not looking forward to this mess that may be a new coaching search. I don't know if we'll be better off with someone else or not. I'm not scared either of getting a new coach like some try to claim on this board when someone says they don't know if it'll be any better. You'll have to guarantee that it WILL be better or why pull the trigger on a new coach and fire Bo? I don't agree with what he did yesterday at all, it was stupid, and it's not a way for a CEO of a team to act, but I do think he should be able to speak his mind a little better on SOME things. I'm getting tired of the damn media asking him about his job status and making it into a big deal so if I'm getting tired of it, he's gotta be getting tired of it as well. The bad is outweighing the good at this point with him because the media is driving it, but he has brought it upon himself. We screw this coaching search up and we become Minnesota, simple as that..................

You are assuming that Eichorst is as incompetent as SP was. He may or may not be, but give him the chance to prove that he's not before assuming that we are getting BC 2.0. Besides, if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at Tom for not allowing a coaching search in 1997 and then putting on a fake one in 2007 and went cheap and hired another unqualified HC. Hell just to pile on, he also recommended that SP become Byrne's replacement as AD.

You are assuming that Tom's failed coaching search for Bo was not mickey mouse. Newsflash, it was, as he wasted 75K to put on a fake coaching search to interview only Grobe even though he had already hired Bo after the oSu game.

You know as well as I do that a majority of Husker Nation wanted Bo as the coach and having the luxury of hindsight wasn't possible until now. So trying to use that today isn't a strong argument IMO. I agree they should've interviewed more candidates, but unfortunately they didn't. They need to get this one right or we're screwed and we'll be wishing we had Bo back 10 years from now. This is a delicate/scary situation for this program to be in, make the right choice and it's back to the top, make the bad choice and this program may never return from the depths of college football hell.

Does anyone ever remember anything positive about bo in any of the last 4 years. Its always been about his rants, him quitting to coach elsewhere, or some other negative item. sh#t if i was coaching here i would be dam sick of this as well. Its part of a HC job but i dont think to the degree its been made with him. Just do a search on how many negative impact items are in the news on bo or nebraska in the past 4 years.

Are you trying to make Bo a victim here? He has brought all of this on himself and it isn't any different at any of the top programs in the country. If he can't handle it, then he doesn't need to be a HC anymore.

Are you trying to make Bo a victim here? He has brought all of this on himself and it isn't any different at any of the top programs in the country. If he can't handle it, then he doesn't need to be a HC anymore.

Plus he gets a nice going away present. Could retire with that money. No. I don't feel sorry for him. He made his own bed and now needs to sleep in it.

You know as well as I do that a majority of Husker Nation wanted Bo as the coach and having the luxury of hindsight wasn't possible until now. So trying to use that today isn't a strong argument IMO. I agree they should've interviewed more candidates, but unfortunately they didn't. They need to get this one right or we're screwed and we'll be wishing we had Bo back 10 years from now. This is a delicate/scary situation for this program to be in, make the right choice and it's back to the top, make the bad choice and this program may never return from the depths of college football hell.

That is where Tom failed yet again, he allowed the fans to influence his decision on who the next HC should have been. His job was to find the right candidate for the job and he took the lazy route because Bo was always going to be aviable because nobody else wanted him as a HC. There is a reason why he was interviewing for HC jobs and never got them and that is that he wasn't qualified to be a HC. It was the same mistake that SP made when firing Solich. he got emotional along with some boosters and didn't have a plan.

i agree with you last line, but all we can do is hope for the best. As long as the decision is made this weekend then IMO SE has done the first part right. But this shouldn't be a coaching search, he needs to have someone hired rather quickly to get this overwith. He should have already put feelers out so he should know who is interested and who isn't. From what I have heard (third hand so take it as just that) there is interest in this job (which is nice to hear) and I have heard some names. Some more realistic than others, but I don't want to add to any more rumors as who the new coach is going to be.

This. Talk about not doing sh%t the Nebraska way. Fire him fine, but this secret laud the info over him is crap and the mark of some spineless trash. Fire HP and SE while we are at it. Unprofessional as hell.

Needs to be done immediately or a statement saying he is staying.

Absolutely. Make a decision. Five minute press conference.

"Bo Pelini will the head coach at the University of Nebraska for the 2014 season"

or

"Bo Pelini will no longer be the head coach at the University of Nebraska"

If there is another coach selected, state that, but no name has to be given.