What if Ron Brown were head coach?

I'm not saying Ron Brown would be any better than Pelini. Nor am I saying Pelini should leave the Husker program. I just wanted to know what people think. He's been at Nebraska almost forever and embodies what a Nebraska head coach should be much in the same ways Osborne did. He seems to have a really cool head in stressful situations and doesn't let emotions dictate his actions. He comes across as having a pleasant personality, which would be great for both recruiting and attracting better position coaches. He has done a great job as the running backs coach and would possibly, no guarantee, return Nebraska to a more power, physical running scheme.

Again I'm not saying Pelini should be fired or Brown should be the head clach next year. Just something to tak about though

• Fire 1

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

Just out of curiosity, have there ever been any good head coaches who never worked as coordinators? I kinda feel like guys like Callahan, and even Pelini unfortunately, are great as coordinators but then come up short as coaches because they lack solid leadership qualities. I admit Brown might not have great coordinator qualities, but he does seem to have excellent leadership qualities. As head coach he could surround himself with good coordinators, nullifying the fact that he himself isn't a DC or OC

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

Po, what's your point? You keep bringing up the playoffs as if our current staff would fare well against any of those opponents, even though they haven't even been able to bring home a Big Ten conference title - even with Ohio State disqualified last year.