What if Ron Brown were head coach?

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

Po, what's your point? You keep bringing up the playoffs as if our current staff would fare well against any of those opponents, even though they haven't even been able to bring home a Big Ten conference title - even with Ohio State disqualified last year.

When did I ever say anything about the current staff? Im saying, if people want more than this staff is giving them, then this better be a BIG hire. Someone that can compete nationally, not just in the B1G. The "OSU Urban Meyer" hire if you will.

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

Po, what's your point? You keep bringing up the playoffs as if our current staff would fare well against any of those opponents, even though they haven't even been able to bring home a Big Ten conference title - even with Ohio State disqualified last year.

When did I ever say anything about the current staff? Im saying, if people want more than this staff is giving them, then this better be a BIG hire. Someone that can compete nationally, not just in the B1G. The "OSU Urban Meyer" hire if you will.

Fair point, but I don't think it would have to be as big a splash as Urban, and I don't think there's any way it will be. But Gary Anderson was a hell of a hire for Wisconsin, in my opinion. Something along those lines would be fine - a head coach with previous success at other head coaching jobs who would know how to put a staff together, recruit, and who has a winning blueprint.

Fair point, but I don't think it would have to be as big a splash as Urban, and I don't think there's any way it will be. But Gary Anderson was a hell of a hire for Wisconsin, in my opinion. Something along those lines would be fine - a head coach with previous success at other head coaching jobs who would know how to put a staff together, recruit, and who has a winning blueprint.

Id be okay with Fresno St. or NIU coach if we were to go looking at coaches from non-BCS schools.

ROFL, Ron Brown is not qualified to be head coach at Nebraska or even at a MAC school. And no one dislikes him because “he’s a Christian.” We dislike him because he’s an Evangelical who thinks he’s one of the few “true Christians” in town. I’m morally opposed to homosexuality too, so I don’t care what he thinks about gays.

Can we also stop pretending that Brown's faith is the problem? Nobody gives a damn that he's Christian, and that's never what got him in trouble. He got in trouble because he came out and said that it's OK for people to be discriminated against based on their sexuality.

That probably won't happen...just like people making supposed football-related comments that are just flimsy masquerades for spewing their political beliefs on boards other than the Political forum.

Replace Narduzzi with Zook, and I would feel comfortable going to battle against that lot.

Can we also stop pretending that Brown's faith is the problem? Nobody gives a damn that he's Christian, and that's never what got him in trouble. He got in trouble because he came out and said that it's OK for people to be discriminated against based on their sexuality.

That's not why he got in trouble. He got in trouble because he went to a town hall forum in Omaha to speak out against gay marriage and listed his address as Memorial Stadium. Essentially making it seem his views were that of the team/university. Harvey didn't appreciate that and I doubt any other Chancellor/ President would

This is what is happening IMO:

Eichorst and Pearlman have already offered their top candidate, the announcement will be made Monday because that person is coaching on Saturdays (5% chance they coach on Sundays) already. They will only hire someone who has head coaching XP.

In the meanwhile, lawyers are scouring Bo's contract looking for an out to lessen the $7.7 M buyout. Better believe there is a behavior article in Bo's contract. If Bo is not fired, Eichorst will have zero credibility for the remainder of his career. How many regular people could get away with Bo's antics and not get fired. Be patient, it is in the works, wait until Monday.

It discriminatory to not allow him to discriminate :(