What if Ron Brown were head coach?

Fair point, but I don't think it would have to be as big a splash as Urban, and I don't think there's any way it will be. But Gary Anderson was a hell of a hire for Wisconsin, in my opinion. Something along those lines would be fine - a head coach with previous success at other head coaching jobs who would know how to put a staff together, recruit, and who has a winning blueprint.

Id be okay with Fresno St. or NIU coach if we were to go looking at coaches from non-BCS schools.

Thing with NIU is they just changed HC's. New guy inherited a superb situation with a team that was primed for a run. Jordan Lynch is pretty-much unstoppable for a MAC-level team. They were lucky to get by Iowa in the opener, would be a whipping now that Ruddock isn't a rookie. Maybe the guy is a good coach but I wouldn't jump right now. Callahan and Coker showed you don't have to be anything special to win for a season with a team somebody else built.

Tim DeRuyter from Fresno is another story. Ya Carr is good but he isn't the one-man gang Lynch is. They were meh when DeRuyter took over last year and he had an immediate impact. I'd take DeRuyter.

Hudspeth from Louisiana-Lafayette would be worth a look. He's done good work there.

Tressel gets brought-up a lot. But if we are willing to take a guy with baggage we might as well also take a look at Petrino. He's younger and he's shown the ability to win without all the advantages a program like Ohio State has. Get him a top DC and a couple ace recruiters he'd kill here.

This is what is happening IMO:

Eichorst and Pearlman have already offered their top candidate, the announcement will be made Monday because that person is coaching on Saturdays (5% chance they coach on Sundays) already. They will only hire someone who has head coaching XP.

In the meanwhile, lawyers are scouring Bo's contract looking for an out to lessen the $7.7 M buyout. Better believe there is a behavior article in Bo's contract. If Bo is not fired, Eichorst will have zero credibility for the remainder of his career. How many regular people could get away with Bo's antics and not get fired. Be patient, it is in the works, wait until Monday.

Is this speculation or do you have some inside information? Edit:I see that it was IMO which I skipped over. Sorry.

Yes- I think the search is on. Hopefully Monday we will know more.

Eichorst and Pearlman have already offered their top candidate, the announcement will be made Monday because that person is coaching on Saturdays (5% chance they coach on Sundays) already. They will only hire someone who has head coaching XP.

In the meanwhile, lawyers are scouring Bo's contract looking for an out to lessen the $7.7 M buyout. Better believe there is a behavior article in Bo's contract. If Bo is not fired, Eichorst will have zero credibility for the remainder of his career. How many regular people could get away with Bo's antics and not get fired. Be patient, it is in the works, wait until Monday.

Can NU avoid the buyout bu offering Bo another position? Bo may give up $7.7 million if he is director of badminton operations ;)

Yeah his Christian views almost got the man fired a few years back. Cotton will probably be the interim HC.

His Christian views didn't get him in trouble. His homophobic and discriminatory views got him in trouble along with listing his address as One Memorial Stadium tangling the university with his opinions.

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

Why don't we start with a staff that can beat Minnesota, MSU, and Iowa first.

Brown's never even been a coordinator. Never been an assistant head coach. I mean, we all love the guy and he'd be great in front of the media, but come on...

But the more I watch things, the more I think there is a place for a hands-off head coach that simply provides stability and morale to the team and makes broad, command-level decisions. Imagine Brown with Pat Narduzzi as DC and Noel Mazzone as OC, for example. It would totally work.

You would want that staff going up against the staff of Alabama, LSU, OSU, Auburn, etc. in the playoffs if we happen to make it?

Why don't we start with a staff that can beat Minnesota, MSU, and Iowa first.

Im not sure a staff headed by Ron Brown would be able to do that. But hey, to each their own

He got in trouble because he came out and said that it's OK for people to be discriminated against based on their sexuality.

You mean like Sandusky was discriminated against?

Oh, this just made it easy to dismiss you and your views. Thanks!

Your welcome! You can't imagine how little I value your views on my views!

Wow. Deep thinker, right there. :wtf

Sandusky was the Penn State coach convicted of homosexual activities with underaged boys. Ron Brown doesn't approve of that. Some people take offense, I guess, of that stance and label that as homophobic, drawing an imaginary line somewhere that excludes Sandusky as homosexual.

Hope this helps...

He loses credibility in my book if he fires a guy he just said is safe 3 days prior.