Let the sellout streak end

The problem isn't an increase in supply... the problem is lagging demand.

Why?

Do you have numbers to back that up?

That the population has grown? Kinda common knowledge.

In proportion to how the stadium has grown?

You might wanna check those numbers.

In 1990 the population of Lincoln was 191,000 approx

It was projected in 2012 to be 250,000, approx.

Both Lincoln and Omaha are growing over the nations rate.

What law says them folks have to want to buy football tickets?

There isn't one.

But have you ever moved into a city, and said "hey, what's going on? What's there to do this weekend?"

People transplant to Chicago and adopt the Cubs.

Ditto for California and the Giants/Dodgers/Lakers/49ers/raiders.

The Huskers are a thing in Lincoln. And if we're assuming NO ONE who's moving to Lincoln who doesn't have Nebraska ties (pretty ridiculous assumption) you would think maybe even some of them would buy tickets because hey, it's the thing to do.

So I'm not really sure what you're arguing here.

uh, no. if this were the case when i lived in phoenix then there should have been a helluva lot more cardinals and sun devils fans. they may take in a game or two but they dont buy season tickets. most of the transplants had teams they cheered for before moving and continue to do so after moving. complete irrationality to even assume increased population should mean increased ticket sales.

I know that if I moved to Austin, texa$$ I wouldn't buy season tickets to watch the whorns, why would someone who transplants to Omaha from, say Chicago buy Husker season tickets? That whole argument is ridiculous. non sense.

I'll be honest, it's becoming more and more of a burden to go to Husker games. I can see a better game at home on my fancy-schmancy new flat screen TV, I don't have to pay for crappy, overpriced concession food, I don't have to sit in the sweltering sun or bitterly cold wind, I don't have to pay $52 (or whatever) per game, not counting donations to get my seats in the first place, and I don't have to fight parking and after-game traffic, which is abysmal around the stadium.

I don't have to listen to the band play the same ten songs every single game, I don't have to have that damned sound system blasting in my ear EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF FREE TIME so I can't talk about what's going on with the people around me, I don't have deal with crappy bench seats or people in the wrong section/row, and I don't have to deal with idiots walking in/out during plays so I miss half the damned thing. I also don't have to piss in a trough with 50 other guys standing elbow to elbow.

At home I have my DVR so I can go back and forth and look at the plays at my whim, I can let the game run for a while and do other stuff, then come back to it and skip the commercials, and I can have a beer during the game, which honestly isn't a deal-breaker for me in the stadium (I'm against alcohol sales at Memorial Stadium), but at chez knapplc, it's all right.

None of these problems have anything to do with the head coach or the product on the field. Some are never, ever going to change (like the parking/traffic issue) and some can't ever, ever be as good as my home (as in, no seat in that stadium is as comfy as my Barcalounger). Some may change for the better (like the sound system, although with single-point sourcing I'm still skeptical) and some could change but won't because there are enough idiots out there who are wiling to accept them (the crappy, overpriced concessions).

• Fire 1

I'll be honest, it's becoming more and more of a burden to go to Husker games. I can see a better game at home on my fancy-schmancy new flat screen TV, I don't have to pay for crappy, overpriced concession food, I don't have to sit in the sweltering sun or bitterly cold wind, I don't have to pay $52 (or whatever) per game, not counting donations to get my seats in the first place, and I don't have to fight parking and after-game traffic, which is abysmal around the stadium.

I don't have to listen to the band play the same ten songs every single game, I don't have to have that damned sound system blasting in my ear EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF FREE TIME so I can't talk about what's going on with the people around me, I don't have deal with crappy bench seats or people in the wrong section/row, and I don't have to deal with idiots walking in/out during plays so I miss half the damned thing. I also don't have to piss in a trough with 50 other guys standing elbow to elbow.

At home I have my DVR so I can go back and forth and look at the plays at my whim, I can let the game run for a while and do other stuff, then come back to it and skip the commercials, and I can have a beer during the game, which honestly isn't a deal-breaker for me in the stadium (I'm against alcohol sales at Memorial Stadium), but at chez knapplc, it's all right.

None of these problems have anything to do with the head coach or the product on the field. Some are never, ever going to change (like the parking/traffic issue) and some can't ever, ever be as good as my home (as in, no seat in that stadium is as comfy as my Barcalounger). Some may change for the better (like the sound system, although with single-point sourcing I'm still skeptical) and some could change but won't because there are enough idiots out there who are wiling to accept them (the crappy, overpriced concessions).

Your last sentence is incredibly accurate. For a lot of negative/positive factor's as to why people aren't coming.

Well, let's be clear - people are still coming to these games. All seven home games will be sold out this year again, and probably next year and the year after that. It's not like we're not selling tickets right now, it's just that there are multiple reasons why we might not in the future.

Well, let's be clear - people are still coming to these games. All seven home games will be sold out this year again, and probably next year and the year after that. It's not like we're not selling tickets right now, it's just that there are multiple reasons why we might not in the future.

I think we'll be ok long term as long as our AD doesn't get greedy and kill the golden goose. Nebraska is the state's de facto pro sports team, and I think the continued strong growth of the Lincoln and Omaha metro areas will keep ticket demand at adequate levels, even as the shift to watching from the couch continues.

Yeah, I wrote that all wrong.