Let the sellout streak end

Jeez, ObamaRocks really wants to prove me wrong. Ill ask her tomorrow about it and find out. Maybe I was misinformed or heard wrong when she told me about it, so Ill ask.

But the sellout streak still won't end: waitlist or not :)

Ok, please do. I'm not trying to be as big of an ass to you as it probably appears. But I did just go through this process this spring and now know how this whole thing works. I did a lot of researching and e-mail and calling the ticket office to ensure I know exactly how the whole process works as it cost me a lot of money.

Did you only get the tickets without being on the "wait list" because of expansion where there were still seats available. I believe there was a wait list before the expansion when all seats were accounted for and the next person in line would get seats if someone didn't renew them.

So let's say Po's sister doesn't have $150 per seat to pay on top of regular ticket prices. Let's say he gives $100. She gets no tickets. What happens to that $100? Does she get it back?

Dumb question, but are we admitting that there ARE open seats that the athletic dept holds back/buys back? This sellout streak is getting squishier then.

Explain.

Dammit I'll try!

Ok, I happen to know for a fact that the tickets I bought for myself/wife/sister & fiancée for the UCLA game were faculty tickets. It's where they sit, and if you donate to a certain level, you get them. Now, that means some of the faculty doesn't want anything to do with those tickets, which whatever, that's what people like me are for.

But, I've also seen that section available on places like stubhub or ticket express, and I'm pretty sure my comrades around me in that game weren't all esteemed profs at our beloved alma mater. And we all know they don't sell out.

I may be being obtuse here, but I would think if there was this clamoring, long, rabid waiting list for tickets, this wouldn't exist, or the black market, so to speak, wouldn't be below the donation level for a similar seat.

You have a wife AND a fiancée!? And they know of each other. You sly dog, you!

• Fire 1
So let's say Po's sister doesn't have $150 per seat to pay on top of regular ticket prices. Let's say he gives $100. She gets no tickets. What happens to that $100? Does she get it back?

Dumb question, but are we admitting that there ARE open seats that the athletic dept holds back/buys back? This sellout streak is getting squishier then.

Explain.

Dammit I'll try!

Ok, I happen to know for a fact that the tickets I bought for myself/wife/sister & fiancée for the UCLA game were faculty tickets. It's where they sit, and if you donate to a certain level, you get them. Now, that means some of the faculty doesn't want anything to do with those tickets, which whatever, that's what people like me are for.

But, I've also seen that section available on places like stubhub or ticket express, and I'm pretty sure my comrades around me in that game weren't all esteemed profs at our beloved alma mater. And we all know they don't sell out.

I may be being obtuse here, but I would think if there was this clamoring, long, rabid waiting list for tickets, this wouldn't exist, or the black market, so to speak, wouldn't be below the donation level for a similar seat.

You have a wife AND a fiancée!? And they know of each other. You sly dog, you!

I'm like...Mormon?

Sister's fiancée. Caught me

Jeez, ObamaRocks really wants to prove me wrong. Ill ask her tomorrow about it and find out. Maybe I was misinformed or heard wrong when she told me about it, so Ill ask.

Ok, please do. I'm not trying to be as big of an ass to you as it probably appears. But I did just go through this process this spring and now know how this whole thing works. I did a lot of researching and e-mail and calling the ticket office to ensure I know exactly how the whole process works as it cost me a lot of money.

Did you only get the tickets without being on the "wait list" because of expansion where there were still seats available. I believe there was a wait list before the expansion when all seats were accounted for and the next person in line would get seats if someone didn't renew them.

It was something like April 1st which was the deadline you had to indicate your offered donation amount. From April 1st to mid June, I had to "wait" to see where my seats were. But that is just so they can take all the donation levels and allocate the seats accordingly, so the higher donation levels get the better seats. So yes, you can call that a wait list if you want, but anyone who offered market value got tickets.

A wait list to me implies that there are 10,000 seats available and there are 20,000 people willing and have offered market value for those seats. Then people who are willing to pay market value for the seats actually have to wait for years to get the seats. That is not the case in east stadium expansion.

The only potential waitlist in memorial stadium is for like a suite. There are like 25 of them or so? There are more than 25 people willing to pay for them, but current owners of those suites have them as long as they continue to pay for them. So there is a wait list for that, but for normal seats, end zone seats, east stadium seats, you can get them next year if you are willing to pay the price.

Its not me calling it a waitlist. That's what's so funny about this. There's so much time being spent worrying about who is or isn't "liked" on the board that we're just ignoring the truth.

UNL calls it a waitlist. Does UNL like Po more?

http://m.huskers.com...=&DB_OEM_ID=100

And the goalpost is moving even further.

Why don't you tell me one thing in this entire thread that I have said incorrectly. I have said a lot, don't sit and argue semantics with me when the substance is accurate.

Cool, they call it a "waitlist". I'm talking about the "years" of waitlist and paying that Po's sister has been done. Post 123, why don't you address that and try to prove me wrong. Post 128, take a look at that.

You, UNL, anyone can call it what they want. I will call it a friggin wait list as long as you realize that there are no years of waiting on it if you are willing to pay the market price. Go back to my car example, if you want to call person X being on a wait list because they offer to pay $5000 less than market value for a car, then call it a wait list or what ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAITING if you simply pay market value.

I really don't care what you call it. Me, UNL and Po's sister call it a waitlist. Mostly because it's a waitlist but also a little bit because it's a waitlist.

Waitlist.

• Fire 1

Its not me calling it a waitlist. That's what's so funny about this. There's so much time being spent worrying about who is or isn't "liked" on the board that we're just ignoring the truth.

UNL calls it a waitlist. Does UNL like Po more?

http://m.huskers.com...=&DB_OEM_ID=100

And the goalpost is moving even further.

Why don't you tell me one thing in this entire thread that I have said incorrectly. I have said a lot, don't sit and argue semantics with me when the substance is accurate.

Cool, they call it a "waitlist". I'm talking about the "years" of waitlist and paying that Po's sister has been done. Post 123, why don't you address that and try to prove me wrong. Post 128, take a look at that.

You, UNL, anyone can call it what they want. I will call it a friggin wait list as long as you realize that there are no years of waiting on it if you are willing to pay the market price. Go back to my car example, if you want to call person X being on a wait list because they offer to pay $5000 less than market value for a car, then call it a wait list or what ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that there is NO WAITING if you simply pay market value.

I really don't care what you call it. Me, UNL and Po's sister call it a waitlist. Mostly because it's a waitlist but also a little bit because it's a waitlist.

Waitlist.

Available without waiting sometimes.

-this is now the best semantics thread ever

It was something like April 1st which was the deadline you had to indicate your offered donation amount. From April 1st to mid June, I had to "wait" to see where my seats were. But that is just so they can take all the donation levels and allocate the seats accordingly, so the higher donation levels get the better seats. So yes, you can call that a wait list if you want, but anyone who offered market value got tickets.

A wait list to me implies that there are 10,000 seats available and there are 20,000 people willing and have offered market value for those seats. Then people who are willing to pay market value for the seats actually have to wait for years to get the seats. That is not the case in east stadium expansion.

The only potential waitlist in memorial stadium is for like a suite. There are like 25 of them or so? There are more than 25 people willing to pay for them, but current owners of those suites have them as long as they continue to pay for them. So there is a wait list for that, but for normal seats, end zone seats, east stadium seats, you can get them next year if you are willing to pay the price.

That actually may be why she hasn't gotten tickets yet. I think she wants a suite.