You're Bo. What changes do you make

lo country

If I'm Bo I make no changes. I just got a vote of confidence from my boss, nobody that matters cares how I behave, and enough of the fanbase is content with losing four games, three to lesser opponents. Why should I change anything for these f'ing fans? Screw em, they'll miss me when I'm gone.

ucla, after embarrassing nebraska at home, may not even finish the season ranked. so, that is still our "best" loss.

Michigan State ranked 12 or 13

Truth be told Bo is actually well thought of in the coaching community. I know this is a shock to a lot of you.

can you substantiate this? i have heard it before, but is it just a myth that has been repeated enough times that people accept it as truth?

I agree. I know Bo was well thought of as a DC, but have not heard other coaches gushing over his abilities as a head coach.

If I'm Bo I make no changes. I just got a vote of confidence from my boss, nobody that matters cares how I behave, and enough of the fanbase is content with losing four games, three to lesser opponents. Why should I change anything for these f'ing fans? Screw em, they'll miss me when I'm gone.

ucla, after embarrassing nebraska at home, may not even finish the season ranked. so, that is still our "best" loss.

Michigan State ranked 12 or 13

i would still rather lose to ucla than msu. but i did expect this response.

Truth be told Bo is actually well thought of in the coaching community. I know this is a shock to a lot of you.

can you substantiate this? i have heard it before, but is it just a myth that has been repeated enough times that people accept it as truth?

I agree. I know Bo was well thought of as a DC, but have not heard other coaches gushing over his abilities as a head coach.

You never hear head coaches gush over any other head coach, unless its someone in their conference they know they can beat 90% of the time

I hate to say it, if we want to continue with Beck and his passing attack, we need to find a QB who can pass. TA looks rough. I know he is young, BUT as a QB he should be able to throw a good ball. RKIII, same thing. They both look rough as passers. I would love to see us become smash mouth and pass when needed. Our recivers as the season progressed, seemed to regress as well. I was watching football Sun and one of the announcers said a receiver has to make the "routine" all the time and bring in a circus catch or two in order for teams to win. We are lacking in the routine........QB play would help

I would love to see bringing on a dedicated QB coach.

This

I would move Barnstache out, give Fisher the TE's, and bring-in a qb-coach/co-OC or ST's. I wouldn't shed any tears if Beck was gone but I think his O would click pretty consistently if we upgraded qb play.

On D move Els out, put Paps on LB's/ST's or co-DC, and offer top dollar for a big-time DC. My first choice would be to make another run at Zook, dude can recruit.

Barnstache and/or Els could be moved to the football office.

I hate to say it, if we want to continue with Beck and his passing attack, we need to find a QB who can pass. TA looks rough. I know he is young, BUT as a QB he should be able to throw a good ball. RKIII, same thing. They both look rough as passers. I would love to see us become smash mouth and pass when needed. Our recivers as the season progressed, seemed to regress as well. I was watching football Sun and one of the announcers said a receiver has to make the "routine" all the time and bring in a circus catch or two in order for teams to win. We are lacking in the routine........QB play would help

I would love to see bringing on a dedicated QB coach.

This

I would move Barnstache to the office, give Fisher the TE's, and bring-in a qb-coach/co-OC or ST's. I wouldn't shed any tears if Beck was gone but I think his O would click pretty consistently if we upgraded qb play.

On D move Els out, put Paps on LB's/ST's or co-DC, and offer top dollar for a big-time DC. My first choice would be to make another run at Zook, dude can recruit.

Any chance Eichorst and Perlman give Bo a few extra bucks to spend on his staff or is that out of the question? Trying to get a name would most likely require some extra $ from what we're dropping now. Has this been rumored at all or is this out of the question?

If I'm Bo, I need to see my team is an extension of me. The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is a perfect example. That penalty was a microcosm of my team, a team that continually loses focus and lacks discipline. When adversity hit my team, what did I do? I lost focus and cost my team even more. That doesn't mean I need to tone down my aggression or not stand up for my players, but it does mean I need to be more aware of how my actions and leadership affects my team.

I also need to take a thorough look at my coaching staff and evaluate their performance. I'm the head football coach at Nebraska, one of 10 or 15 best coaching jobs in the country. I don't have time to wait for my staff's deficiencies to work themselves out. I need guys that know what they're doing and can help me win now, not five years from now. If that means I need let go of friends and find experience, so be it, because that's part of my job. Unless, of course, I have 100% confidence in their abilities moving forward.