Doubting Husker fan status

tmfr15

Bo catches crap all f'ing year, then has to deal with sh**ty calls. The fans call for his head 55 seconds out of every minute. His team cant seem to focus and he doesn't know how to fix it. Media purposely tries to piss him off for more blowup footage.

Yeah, why wouldn't he be all sunshine and lollipops.

Maybe Bo wouldn't get back calls if he treated the refs with a little respect?

Honestly if you bail on Nebraska because you are tired of the coach and want to gamble on a new one that's perfectly acceptable. Turn in your Husker fan card and pick your new team. I hear Alabama is hot right now. Just don't expect to get your card back when Nebraska gets back on top.

Not going to happen. They show little improvement with tackling, direction, and playing confidence. Now Bo has a contract, you think he's worried about making a huge difference? I don't. He's got cash in the pocket now. If they can't improve their last 4 or 5 games...please explain how they will improve next year. You can't. Take off your fanboi glasses and look at all the talent we have then watch them them go to the field and the WHOLE team stare at the sidelines watching the 3 monkies because they don't know what to do. No one is making a personal attack on you. Because they don't agree that next year we will be champs doesn't make them less of a fan. They see a problem that needs addressed.

• Fire 1

My Husker fandom goes back to those years when Husker fans were doubting TO, late 1980s and 90s. Ibacked Osborne. I was a fan of Solich and felt like his firing was wrong. I endured but hated BC and was glad when TO came back and hired BP. The BP experience has been frustrating because he has not progressed in the last few years and his Bobby Knight complex has continued. I went to Lincoln hoping to see a competitivegame and did not even care if we won because of the BWW bowl possibilities vs Big 12. Then Bo acted like an idiot again and proved he can not handle himself with class in the face of adversity. In the hours that have followed fellow fans who have called for Bo to be held accountable for his continued bad behavior have been repeatedly demeaned an fans seem to be lining up behind Bo and totally excusing his actions. That has had a very chilling affect on my status as a fan. As I sit in a room surrounded by Husker merchandise it is hard to imagine not being a fan....but its starting to look more and more likely as the hours pass by.

Exactly.

The earliest "Bo-leavers" have been taking abuse for years. It's worse on HuskerMax where 90% of the members are choking on Bo's salty nuts. If us "Bo-leavers" lash out every once in awhile, it's because of the pent up rage from being demeaned for years, only to finally be proven right.

HuskerMax < Fox News

Don't let the door hit you ...

And, proving the point . . .

You're not a Husker fan. You root for them to lose. You were happy they lost Friday and you were happy about Bo's meltdown, because you thought it would mean he would be fired.

You're a disgusting and dishonest POS.

Uh oh...

This is such BS. Really? So, some think they're going to hang up their Husker hat because the program is in a lull. So what, if Nebraska becomes very successful again, will you slink your way back as a Husker because it's convenient and happy?

Anybody who says they're done being a Husker fan is full of you know what. You'll be back on hands and knees when they start winning.

What a load of nonsense.

• Fire 1

You're not a Husker fan. You root for them to lose. You were happy they lost Friday and you were happy about Bo's meltdown, because you thought it would mean he would be fired.

Uh oh...

What does point of sale have to do with anything?

As some know, I started out as a Bo hater the first day. Did not want him here for any reason. Many reasons for my feelings, personal contact, recruiting violations, lack of control. Felt we would be in trouble from the get go. I have sail all the things that are being now, for years. I walked away for about two months. Actually withheld funds that normally go to the University. I really could not stand the man. His attack on Coach Snyder, that Tom apologized for.

And I have taken a beating on this board for my feelings ever since. That is fine, I am a big boy.

Over the years though, I saw improvement in Bo, things I thought would be a major a problem, he excelled in. Such as guarding the academic standards of the program, his continuous pushing the kids to excel and graduate. The strict guidelines of what is right and wrong. No nonsense on screwing up. Repercussion for wrong actions. He runs the program like I would on that side I think. Strict, disciplinarian. But some fun thrown in.

I knew he would have blow ups, and he did almost instantly. embarrassment on National TV, and on a regular basis was to be expected. Too young for the job, no experience at this magnitude of management. Stress beyond anyone's wildest idea. I saw him improve on that. He has worked on it very hard I am sure, but I am sure it was stressed to him how important it was to conduct himself professionally by Coach Osborne. I think he took that council to heart.

I have to agree, that I have not seen the professional side for football. I had expected a much better prepared team from the start. I have not seen great progress in our teams in the basic fundamentals of the game. I have not seen a pattern for our offense, and not truly for our defense. We are not a hard nosed football team like expected we would be.

I had expected him to be a recruiting monster, young, firey, lots of experience from NFL, Nebraska, Oklahoma and LSU. Carrying a MNC ring and the endoresements of the kid from LSU (forgot his name) and Suh. I expected great things instantly. I think lack of knowledge on the importance of recruiting lead to this. I think there has been improvement, but I do not think he sees it as important as he should. See Bama for their efforts. If they can have a hole staff on board for recruiting no reason we can not. Do not break rules, but use them to our advantage. Again lack of experience is the factor.

His hiring of his friends was reason for instant concern. I have been against them since it started. We fired Watson for his inability, but yet he goes on to a new program and instantly has a team in a BCS game. Was he that bad here, or were there other reasons for his failure.

I started to believe he was right this year, I thought he might have figured the whole thing out. I really could care less about wins and losses, just a well played game. A plan for development, growth and a step by step progression to reach the upper echelon of college football. I had written this year off from the start, due to the youth on the defense. Not good enough to play, had to redshirt, the chance of them being world beaters out of the gate was remote to say the least. Overall, I am pretty happy with the results of this year. Losing the Big 10 offensive player of the year, 4 starting linemen, a couple of injured WRs we did pretty good. Some ball security and it would have been better.

But the final step is showing professionalism. He took giant steps back Friday. He has hurt the image of Nebraska in many fans minds. Die hard fans that are embarrassed by his actions. Especially if the story about him being restrained during a commercial break is true. But the University feels he is the man for the job, my loyalty is to Nebraska, not Bo, not Tom, but to the University that my family has supported since the early 1900's. I will continue to support the head coach, only because they believe he can make it right. As fans we have to do what we feel is right. If it is just about wins or losses, I truly feel sorry for you, because you have missed the idea of what Nebraska is and what we are about.

So in ending this Novel, Good Luck Bo! I hope you earn the blessing you have been given, by the University and the fans of this great program.

• Fire 1

Warning level increased. Next violation will result in a suspension.

I realize that tempers are high, but the fact remains that we are all Husker fans. So while we can debate what is best for the program, let's bear in mind that each person has their own opinion. If you disagree with it, feel free to state why. But attack the post, not the poster.

This is such BS. Really? So, some think they're going to hang up their Husker hat because the program is in a lull. So what, if Nebraska becomes very successful again, will you slink your way back as a Husker because it's convenient and happy?

Anybody who says they're done being a Husker fan is full of you know what. You'll be back on hands and knees when they start winning.

What a load of nonsense.

How can they be on their hands and knees when they'll be sitting in the stadium the whole game with their arms crossed looking like their adult diaper just let them down?

What a load of nonsense.

How can they be on their hands and knees when they'll be sitting in the stadium the whole game with their arms crossed looking like their adult diaper just let them down?

You just described 70% of the fans in Memorial.