Surprising SEC title game

Yep. The vaunted SEC has Mizzou in its championship game.

Yep.

Says a lot more about mizzou than it does the sec

I kinda think it says a lot about both. I think the SEC is so overrated this year and I think Mizzou has a good team.

:yeah

I'm not taking anything away from Mizzou. But they haven't won a conference title in 40+ years and didn't go to a bowl last year. Now they're playing for the SEC title. Not that the SEC still isn't the best conference but their overall dominance is overblown.

Yep. The vaunted SEC has Mizzou in its championship game.

Yep.

Says a lot more about mizzou than it does the sec

I kinda think it says a lot about both. I think the SEC is so overrated this year and I think Mizzou has a good team.

Look at it this way deed. Mizzou jist wenr 11-1 (7-1) in what is at worst, the second best conference in cfb. Even if the SEC is "down", its still a damn good conference.

It also may mean that Pinkel has become a decent head coach.

The guys had 5 losing seasons. In my opinion, today just re-emphasized my thoughts that in today's college football, the line between average/good/great is pretty small. Michigan and Penn State are both average teams, but they almost and did beat two very good teams. Mizzou was terrible last year, and riddled with injuries, and now they could possibly play in the MNC if things shake their way. Pinkel very easily could have (and probably should have) been fired after a couple seasons, and look where he's at now. I really think if we stay the course with Bo, we will have our time.

The guys had 5 losing seasons. In my opinion, today just re-emphasized my thoughts that in today's college football, the line between average/good/great is pretty small. Michigan and Penn State are both average teams, but they almost and did beat two very good teams. Mizzou was terrible last year, and riddled with injuries, and now they could possibly play in the MNC if things shake their way. Pinkel very easily could have (and probably should have) been fired after a couple seasons, and look where he's at now. I really think if we stay the course with Bo, we will have our time.

Perspective is needed here. Consider that when pinkel came to Missouri, the tigers had been to 2 bowls in 18 years. So the leaseh on losing seasons would be a little longer. Firing him last year would have been short sighted and stupid.

You are right however that sometimes it's worth sticking with a coach. But sometimes when there is little to no change or growth you need to make a decision

Perspective is needed here. Consider that when pinkel came to Missouri, the tigers had been to 2 bowls in 18 years. So the leaseh on losing seasons would be a little longer. Firing him last year would have been short sighted and stupid.

You are right however that sometimes it's worth sticking with a coach. But sometimes when there is little to no change or growth you need to make a decision

Agreed, but I know some Mizzou fans have been playing the "not getting better, getting worse card" about every year since 04. Anyway, good luck Fro Daddy, be rooting for the Tigers in the title game.