Non 1911 .45

I already have a 1911 that I am very happy with (Sig), after a ramp issue, it is up a running like a champ. Anyway looking at some .45's that are not 1911 platform. Shot an H&K (9mm) and was highly impressed by the accuracy, I'm sure it is way more accurate than I am, it had some odd ergonomics but over all impressive. What should I look at FNH, KRISS, others? I'm not looking for a rifle right now, as I'm saving for a NEMO 300winmag.

I owned a USP; pssst. never loan it to a LEO, you'll never see it again :D this persons duty weapon is a SIG 220 Elite which he won't part with either.

I guess it depends on your rationale behind the next purchase. Glock, FNH and Beretta are all good choices too. I'm partial to S/A since I have a TRP Operator.

ps can you buy me a Omen too PLZ you can have my mod spot :D

I owned a USP; pssst. never loan it to a LEO, you'll never see it again :D this persons duty weapon is a SIG 220 Elite which he won't part with either.

I guess it depends on your rationale behind the next purchase. Glock, FNH and Beretta are all good choices too. I'm partial to S/A since I have a TRP Operator.

ps can you buy me a Omen too PLZ you can have my mod spot :D

Yeah that Omen is nice, if I get it you can come fire it, as long as you find a place capable of holding such a round.

As for the pistol, I decided to get the H&K Mark 23. Buds had it for a good price and the history of it is amazing. I like great engineering, watches, firearms, etc. and the M23 is right in that vein.

It's funny you posted a pick of the Arsenal 2011, I have one on order (why? see above), it was supposed to be here last July. Still waiting, near as I can tell no US delivers as of yet. The guy I orders it from said the thing feels amazing, solidly built etc. I will post pics once I have it.

Well, at least you picked the top of the line. I'm not even sure if a Mk.23 is even on the "approved" list in SoKal. :D

I've read that the Mk.23 is capable of less than 2" groups at 50 yds. WOW I like to just keep them on the paper at 50 :)

Yeah it's seriously nice. I've been looking at a lot of "high end" guns lately, and this always stands out, Cabot, Korth, Chambers... All offer great pieces, but most are not, or only just as, good as the 23... Although I would like to add to my collection from these guys... Some really nice stuff IMO.

Bummer about Cali... What can you have there.. Straw with paper jammed in? ;-)

Harsh words basically :D j/k

Most of the pita regs have been in place for a long time. Bunch of new laws/regs coming out about ammo and such. But there is a question about the constitutionality of the 10 day wait period sooooooo.... we shall see. Doesn't really affect me as I have never needed a weapon the same day unlike some of my LEO associates.

I believe the straw with paper filler would violate health/safety ordnances/regs and probably CARB too. :) And affects some darter fish or moth somewhere. And it's racist. :sarcasm

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

ATTENTION a new cheaper OMEN is available I still only need one soooooooo:

The OMEN "Pratka" is not only the lightest in the lineup at just over 9 pounds…at an MSRP of $3999 -That's $1,600 less than the next closest model.

I follow them on facebook, and saw the intro for that. "they" say little recoil etc... I'm more on the fence about them now, people who splash "Operators", "field delta" and other wannabe tactical lingo make me nervous. I spoke with my dealer yesterday, if he has time he will swing by their booth at Shot Show. He was really interested in that kind of platform, but is concerned how it will hold up long term. and to see if they pass his sniff test