The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

I still think this is a mistake. But so long as the Athletic Department and the boosters have decided that mediocrity is the path they're happy with, I guess the rest of us are just along for the ride.

The boosters are probably just happy that so many people are sitting at the games now and that makes for a more enjoyable experience for them.

While this is currently true, if the trend of losing, playing bad, inconsistent performance continues and people stop showing up; what then? It's a business. It's all about revenue. I heard that the waiting time for season tickets is disappearing...Nothing to confirm this.

I am a fan, but I'm not sure I want to go watch 3 monkeys throwing hand signals to confused players, a ranting coach, who takes shots at officials (bad calls or not) when I can stay home and flip to other games on cable. I'm sure I'm not the only one. A disappointed fan base = lost revenue. It starts hitting them in the checkbook, then I think they'll take a serious look at what needs to happen.

I think the decision makers are also thinking about the Solich and Callahan experiences. Solich was forced to make some staff changes and many fell Solich was fired before the new staff had a decent chance to make things right. The rush to fire Solich because of his mediocre seasons took us directly to a huge mistake- Callahan. Under Callahan we got a coach who did not fit in with Nebraska culture or traditions, lost records and streaks, and a losing season. He almost destroyed Husker football.

Bo needs to make changes. Hopefully, he will see the frustration in his program and the fans leading to some changes. If not, we can only hope the decisions makers force some staff changes. We cannot keep on doing the same thing with the same staff and expect different results. The bright side is that the program is not in the crapper. We have many good things to build on. I think the current assistants have the desire but maybe not the experience or top notch ability. We can be great again but some changes are due.

I'm not taking a shot at you either Foppa. I was just quoting my post with yours. You have every right to be pissed, just like everyone else that is pissed about this. You have every right.

I'm just saying personally I don't know if I can sit around and focus on all this too much. I will from time to time because that's me, and I know there will be things that come up that remind me of how great this program once was, and the fact that I still feel it could be there again. It bothers me when people take this defeatist attitude with our program. So ya, I'm not better than anybody else, I'll still complain I'm sure....I just have a lot of sh#t in my life I don't want to get into, but focusing on this negativity isn't on my list of priorities.

Again, not a shot at you or anyone. Everyone has the right to feel ow,they want about this.

It's cool, I never felt that way. But it's Huskerboard, so it isn't like I wouldn't expect it either ;)

There are boosters and regents who love Bo, and just the opposite. Seems like the former have the upper hand, and that's fine...regardless, I feel the same, these are people whose power and influence far outstrip their qualifications for football decisions. They're just guys with opinions, like us.

• Fire 1

You guys can hope and pray all you want that they will get of Bo after the bowl game but I wouldn't count on it. You do realize that you Are inthe minority but bitch the loudest. I'm sure all of you have tons of experience coaching a major college football program. Or maybe you don't have the slightest idea. Sounds a lot more plausible. The whole reason we are able to talk about the good old days are because Bob Devany showed some patience with a first time head coach named Tom Osbourne. It's time for you guys to put a suck in it and trust that a lot of people with a lot more knowledge of the program trust Bo. Your sense of entitlement is embarrassing. You complain about 9 and 10 win seasons like its the end of the world. If the are so easy to accomplish why are there only 4 teams that have done it for the last 5 seasons? Take a look at Notre Dame for the last 20 years. The coaching carousel worked out pretty well for them. That my friends was medocrity!!!!

AMEN! AND every one of them bitching and claiming to know what we need is just another idicator of today's society. Everybody wants instant success and if they can't have it they hit the reset button (Fire the coach) I mean, because, firing coaches at Nebraska has worked so damn well for us. Nobody has a clue or care about the process, how long it takes, and how much work and patience is involved. Nobody has a clue how bad of shape the program was in when Bo took over either. Takes a long, long time to repaiir damage that was done. The people on here bitching the loudest...Good job! You are doing a great job of convincing recruits that this is the place they want to be. Coach Bo and all his staffers could promise kids what they want and convince them all they want, but kids don't deal with pressure anymore and trust me, they are smart enough to check these boards. Yeah, if I'm a recruit and take one look at this board there's no way in hell I'd want to come here and play for a-holes like we have for fans. Not all fans, but the loudes complainers. And by the way, let's pretend we had a coaching change. Exactly what caliber of coach is even remotely interested in coming here with our fan base? You guessed it, another new coach looking to get started, a washed up coach, or a bad coach that can't get a gig somewhere else. Are you kidding me? These guys can all make money elsewhere and don't need to come to NU and be abused. Quite frankly, I am so sick of hearing about "greatest fans in college football" and greatest venue to play in. Makes me want to vomit. I grew up wanting to be a Husker and spent many a Saturday at Memorial. It is absolutely nothing like it used to be. Nothing but a bunch of self entitled, live in the past, arm chair quarter backs and coaches. Go ahead pile on me, don't care. What I speak is truth and you very people have as much to do with the ruining of NU football as any coach we've had or will ever have. I will continue to support the coaches and players and damn right, I think Shawn and all others involved made the right decision. Unfortunately, it won't matter. Eventually Bo will get tired of it and leave on his own realizing he's fighting a losing battle. Then you guys will be happy and we can get a new coach, give him 4 years to win 4 titles, then start calling for his head, and the whole process can repeat. People should be ashamed. And as was said, most complaing would never have the guts let alone the knowledge to pick up a whistle and attempt to do something positive like coaching kids, because after the kids weren't All American caliber after a few practices or seasons they'd belittle the kids and shame them too, and those kids wouldn't want to play anymore.

• Fire 1

I still think this is a mistake. But so long as the Athletic Department and the boosters have decided that mediocrity is the path they're happy with, I guess the rest of us are just along for the ride.

The boosters are probably just happy that so many people are sitting at the games now and that makes for a more enjoyable experience for them.

While this is currently true, if the trend of losing, playing bad, inconsistent performance continues and people stop showing up; what then? It's a business. It's all about revenue. I heard that the waiting time for season tickets is disappearing...Nothing to confirm this.

I am a fan, but I'm not sure I want to go watch 3 monkeys throwing hand signals to confused players, a ranting coach, who takes shots at officials (bad calls or not) when I can stay home and flip to other games on cable. I'm sure I'm not the only one. A disappointed fan base = lost revenue. It starts hitting them in the checkbook, then I think they'll take a serious look at what needs to happen.

Guess what? Stay home then! Somebody else will gladly buy you tickets. Hopefully somebody that will support coaches and players instead of hinder the program!

• Fire 2

I hope all the butt-hurt so called fans here that think Bo's the problem never attend a game next year, that way like another poster said your empty 1.5 seats will allow me some elbow room- and F the sell out streak if it means putting up with butt-hurt wienies griping and moaning about winning seasons

• Fire 2

Six years is long enough to know, as well as you can, who someone is and what they're capable of. Hell, I married my wife after I only knew her for 4 years. We've seen what Bo can do and I guess that's good enough for us.

The last time we had a football head coach enter their 7th season was what year?

Guess what? Stay home then! Somebody else will gladly buy you tickets. Hopefully somebody that will support coaches and players instead of hinder the program!

Mary Pat, is that you?

I'm with you Eagle 1. I'm tired of all the armchair experts and am going to call them out every chance I get. I'm putting my trust in Tom Osborne! A man that has forgot more about football than any of us will every know.

Osborne isn't some sort of all-knowing deity. He made the wrong call when he turned the team over to Solich. He made the wrong call when he restricted the coaching search to guys with Nebraska ties and then hired Pelini. And to the extent that the plan was to mentor Bo and turn him into a good head coach and a credit to the university, Osborne failed at that too. So much as we all like the guy, TO isn't infallible.