The important people (boosters and regents) have spoken

Yep, you guys are all experts aren't you. Pretty easy to sit at you computer and tell everybody how much you know about football. Maybe you guys should quit your jobs and pick up a whistle since your all experts. I feel pretty confident saying that none of you have coached a single down of football. Because most coaches know how hard of a job it really is.

If our coaches made minimum wage I might actually CARE about how hard the job is. At this point all I see is a 6 year head coach at a major program UNDERACHIEVING and at times looking well over his head and lost. I like Bo and love some of the things he's done but he deserves a paycut after some of his recent seasons...

I will not support Bo or any administration that decides to keep him employed. Enjoy the elbow room because my family wont be attending any more games while Bo is still here, since people in the stands is all our administration seems care about. I will continue to support the players from my La-Z-Boy.

Oh no! Fake season tickets will not be inhabitated by fans that never owned them.

Seriously though, some of you people have gone completely crazy.

I'm sure you've heard of voting with your wallet. It's certainly a step up from writing complaints on a message board. The university may not miss the money from WA but you know he's not the only one. Memorial isn't going to continue selling out if we keep moving towards mediocrity.

I will not support Bo or any administration that decides to keep him employed. Enjoy the elbow room because my family wont be attending any more games while Bo is still here, since people in the stands is all our administration seems care about. I will continue to support the players from my La-Z-Boy.

Oh no! Fake season tickets will not be inhabitated by fans that never owned them.

Seriously though, some of you people have gone completely crazy.

I'm sure you've heard of voting with your wallet. It's certainly a step up from writing complaints on a message board. The university may not miss the money from WA but you know he's not the only one. Memorial isn't going to continue selling out if we keep moving towards mediocrity.

We were mediocre for 4 yrs with Cally and we still sold out...nice try

I'm having deja vu.

There are scores of programs in the country that would be content with relevance every now and again, but Nebraska isn't Michigan State, Missouri, or Iowa. Nebraska counts itself as one of the elite programs in the entire country, and with that comes high standards. If it isn't currently an era of national championship contention, it's a down cycle.

I'm actually OK with NU not being a premier program I guess, as I'm used to it. At least I would be if I felt we had a program that was all class from top to bottom. Bo does some tremendous things for a lot of people, but it's also clear he treats a lot of people very tactlessly too, and repeated incidents both public and private or not-yet-public are really wearing thin on me.

Being a Nebraska fan is not the same thing as being a Bo fan.

• Fire 1

There are scores of programs in the country that would be content with relevance every now and again, but Nebraska isn't Michigan State, Missouri, or Iowa. Nebraska counts itself as one of the elite programs in the entire country, and with that comes high standards. If it isn't currently an era of national championship contention, it's a down cycle.

I'm actually OK with NU not being a premier program I guess, as I'm used to it. At least I would be if I felt we had a program that was all class from top to bottom. Bo does some tremendous things for a lot of people, but it's also clear he treats a lot of people very tactlessly too, and repeated incidents both public and private or not-yet-public are really wearing thin on me.

Being a Nebraska fan is not the same thing as being a Bo fan.

Well put zoogies. My feelings are mixed. Been that way all season. I can't really criticize either decision at this point.

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly, but it appears people who know Bo and the situation better than us, seem to have a good feeling about things. I could say maybe we just have to trust their judgment, but really there is no maybe. These people call the shots and what's done is done. Bo is the HC and we are going to see where this goes again. I hope, for the sake of the program, these people are right.

Cool, but does anyone articulate some objective benchmarks that we need to meet in order for Bo to keep his job? Or are we just going to continue with this airy, fairy nebulous sense of mediocrity? The best defense of Bo is that he's not awful. If we're intent on giving him a chance to "succeed," we need to define what "success" is. And if "success" means 9-3/8-4/7-5 in perpetuity with no championships, then I need to know that too, so I won't get my hopes up every year between February and August.

I think the Athletic Department, boosters and many ordinary fans looked at the insanity that message board gangs, needy sports writers, former players with no marketable skills except radio analysis and the 24/7 sports talk reality shows have become and decided enough is enough. Discuss, yell, cry, pout all you want......now everyone knows who is in charge.....as it should be.

I still think this is a mistake. But so long as the Athletic Department and the boosters have decided that mediocrity is the path they're happy with, I guess the rest of us are just along for the ride.

The boosters are probably just happy that so many people are sitting at the games now and that makes for a more enjoyable experience for them.

The really big boosters don't sit in regular seats. Standing is not an issue for people who pay for stadium expansions and baseball fields.