Non Contributors

MT949597

I think there's a big difference between under performing, being injured, and simply not committing or being willing to work for success. In the first two conditions, I would not agree that scholarships should be pulled. In the third scenario, where a person simply isn't dedicated to being his best for the team, I am in support of pulling that scholarship and giving it to someone more deserving.

Scholarship athletes should be evaluated on their body of work (effort, consistency, dedication), not simply their stats on game days.

We've asked guys to move on.

• Fire 1

It's the time of the year to look at our roster and decide who's made an impact and who still hasn't seen the field in since they've stepped foot in Lincoln. I know there were about three players recently that were placed on medical hardship, but there are more guys on this roster than haven't played a down since arriving on campus and likely never will that are taking up scholarships that could be used going forward to recruits or given to a guy like a RK III.

I'm with (most) everyone else in disagreeing with your second paragraph.

As to the first, I posted this list which I believe contains all our scholarship players that will be back next year plus the current commits:

Seniors (14) - Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Tyler Evans, Jamal Turner, Jake Cotton, Matt Finnin, Mike Moudy, Mark Pelini, Jay Guy, Tobi Okuyemi, Zaire Anderson, Joshua Mitchell, Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson

Juniors (17+2 JUCO) - Imani Cross, Andy Janovich, Taariq Allen, David Sutton, Givens Mordi Price, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup, Chongo Kondolo, Randy Gregory, Kevin Williams, Aaron Curry, Max Pirman, David Santos, Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Mauro Bondi plus Robert Lockhart and Terrell Clinkscales

Sophomores (19) - Tommy Armstrong, Terrell Newby, Alonzo Moore, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Cotton, Cethan Carter, Paul Thurston, Corey Whitaker, Greg McMullen, Avery Moss, Vincent Valentine, Maliek Collins, Kevin Maurice, Jared Afalava, Thomas Brown, Michael Rose, Josh Banderas, Nathan Gerry, LeRoy Alexander, Gabe Miller

Redshirt Freshmen (13) - Johnny Stanton, Adam Taylor, Kevin Gladney, Greg Hart, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson, David Knevel, A.J. Natter, Courtney Love, Marcus Newby, Boaz Joseph, Drake Martinez, D.J. Singleton

Non-JUCO Commits (15) - Zach Darlington, Larenzo Stewart, Monte Harrison, Demornay Pierson-El, Freedom Akinmoladun, Tanner Farmer, D.J. Foster, Mich Stoltenberg, Peyton Newell, Jaevon Walton, Trai Mosley, Chance Waz, Luke Gifford, Josh Kalu, Drew Brown

On the seniors, I've heard rumors that Jay Guy might not be back next year. Other than that, there are probably only 3-4 upperclassmen that are not very likely to contribute in some fashion. It would be great to be getting something out of everyone but that's unrealistic. I'd rather have a couple extra guys on the scout team that cutting guys.

Love seeing all those names and recognizing most as guys who've had significant playing time. From the soon to be seniors on down, we have a lot of good experience. We're going to be good next year.

Am I missing something? How is Matt Finnin already a senior?

bump

And I think it's fair to ask guys to move on, if it isn't working out, it isn't working out. It's that simple, now if a guy gets hurt that different, and he can't ever fully recover or get back to where he was that's why you have medical hardships for those kind of guys, I believe three as I said earlier were placed on medical hardship just recently.

Am I missing something? How is Matt Finnin already a senior?

He's in an odd situation. He's a junior this year and I can't remember if he played or not or if he has a redshirt available.

The biggest thing is he's hoping (expecting?) to get a hardship year because of his father's health situation. I've not heard if there is any progress on that or if he has to wait.