We are divided

Trying to be civil.

There is a wedge driven between our fans right now.

In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history?

We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not.

The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better.

The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him.

Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

Trying to be civil.

In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history?

We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not.

The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better.

The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him.

Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

That tells me what side you are on. Get out of the 90's bud. ;)

Turmoil is consistently losing seasons. We are 1 of 4 schools that has not won less than 9 games since 2008. That is not turmoil.

From everything I've seen, I would argue there are more fans behind Bo than there are against Bo. There are also quite a few fans that I think are behind Bo but just don't take to social media or other forms of communication to express their opinion. If there's a wedge, it's not in the middle imho.

Trying to be civil.

That tells me what side you are on. Get out of the 90's bud. ;)

Turmoil is consistently losing seasons. We are 1 of 4 schools that has not won less than 9 games since 2008. That is not turmoil.

That is where we disagree. For me, it is not just what we do it is how we do it. As for that stat you posted, it could very well end this year. Lots of people are picking out my use of the word turmoil so maybe that was not a good word choice. At the very least, I do not think we have any momentum and we have stagnated. I believe that to be a serious issue. I think that our national perception matters and others do not.

As for the wedge, it is debatable as to which side it leans. You cannot ignore the elephant in the room. Most of the people that I talk to on a daily basis agree with me. An online poll was pretty even after 15,000 votes. That says something.

Trying to be civil. There is a wedge driven between our fans right now. In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history? We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not. The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better. The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him. Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

I refuse to accept there are actual hard-line "boleavers and boleivers." I think almost everyone falls somewhere in the middle of this. As for polarizing figures, Bill C. when the wheels were about to fall off the wagon is probably the most. Steve P. when he fired Frank is also up there. I don't think Bo can hold a candle to either of those two in regards to polarizing figures. As far as characterizing the two sides as one is desperate and the other being apathetic, much of that is drummed up by the media and the message boards.

Trying to be civil. There is a wedge driven between our fans right now. In my opinion, I think that Bo is an average coach and a poor representative of Nebraska. The other side of the spectrum is behind Bo 100%. Each side makes fair points and I respect everyone's opinion. Has there ever been such a polarizing figure in Nebraska football (or state) history? We are at the point now where each side has differing views on what is acceptable and what is not. The Boleavers say: We have no identity, we are regressing, we are irrelevant, Bo is an embarrassment, we can do better, we deserve better. The Bolievers say: College football has changed, its not the 90s, we expect too much, Bo's players and their families love him, his "embarrassing" actions do not matter, the media has always been against him. Right now, we are a program in turmoil. No one is right or wrong. One side is desperate, the other side is just apathetic to what Nebraska football has become. Right now, a 13-year-old Nebraskan has never experienced a conference championship. This is all the younger generation of Husker fans know. If something does not happen soon we will slowly fall further into the abyss.

I refuse to accept there are actual hard-line "boleavers and boleivers." I think almost everyone falls somewhere in the middle of this. As for polarizing figures, Bill C. when the wheels were about to fall off the wagon is probably the most. Steve P. when he fired Frank is also up there. I don't think Bo can hold a candle to either of those two in regards to polarizing figures. As far as characterizing the two sides as one is desperate and the other being apathetic, much of that is drummed up by the media and the message boards.

NO ONE was behind Bill when the wheels fell off. No one was defending Steve P when he got canned. Where have you seen the media talk about one side of the fans being desperate and the other apathetic?

How would you characterize the different types of fans if you disagree?